Us Postage Times?

Guest rigs28

HOW LONG SHOULD I ALLOW FOR A RECORD TO ARRIVE FROM AMERICA?PAID FOR HOWARD GUYTON VIA PAYPAL ON JAN.16 BUT HEARD NOTHING YET.SELLER SEEMS A REPUTABLE DEALER SO WILL GIVE HIM MORE TIME.(100% FEEDBACK).CHEERS!

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

HOW LONG SHOULD I ALLOW FOR A RECORD TO ARRIVE FROM AMERICA?PAID FOR HOWARD GUYTON VIA PAYPAL ON JAN.16 BUT HEARD NOTHING YET.SELLER SEEMS A REPUTABLE DEALER SO WILL GIVE HIM MORE TIME.(100% FEEDBACK).CHEERS!

a fortnight seems to be about the norm in my experience but have had some much quicker and unfortunately some lots longer :thumbup:

A lot depends on how quick or how often the sellar makes a post office run.

M.

Social source share

I was telling folk last week that a record I'd ordered at the beginning of Jan had obviously gone missing.....then Friday...out of the blue it dropped onto the door mat :thumbup:

Social source share

I've had records take up to 2 months but also had them arrive in a few days

Well i'm kinda glad to hear the above as iv'e been waiting for over a month now ... so i'll hold out hope for a bit longer!

Social source share

im waiting for 2 records (from a us reputable dealer too.. maybe the same!?) since the 3rd of january.. i hope i will receive them some day.. :thumbup:

Social source share

i've also noted a ramp up in time records take arriving from the U.S, not sure of the reason, must be a back log somewhere. Overheard a guy in the post office today asking the same question...

JM

Social source share

Christmas Time 2007

Records posted from the States 24-12-07 Arrived 31-12-07

Amazing, considering the time of year, but about right any other time.

Christmas Time 2006/2007

Records posted from the States 12-12-06 Arrived 20-02-07 (Postmarked 12-12-06)

Both times the same seller, and Definitely NOT their fault

The records were assumed to be lost, I have always trusted the seller and from first contact the money was refunded.

At no time did I ever think that the seller had not sent them. I looked towards the post/customs, or one of those things.

This thought process proved to be right, when they finally arrived (Postmarked 12-12-06), I re-paid the monies in full.

Mutual trust. Couldn't fault the seller, I have bought from them for years now, problem was completely out of their hands.

Where those records had been from 12-12-06 to 20-02-07 is anyones guess,

they didn't appear to have any Customs activity and were clearly addressed.

This is were ebays period of dispute doesn't help, hence the refund and re-pay in my case.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Records I've received recently have taken the following:

Franked 31/1 received 8/2

Franked 25/1, received 9/2

Franked 4/2, received 9/2

I think 4 weeks is the maximum I've waited.

Alan

Social source share

Anyone, still waiting.

I had some Posted 22-01-08.

Not too concerned, as mentioned previous Post.

Just wondering how others are doing regarding U.S. Post. to UK.

To compare current WAITING TIME, my records were posted from the East Coast.

ARRIVED THIS MORNING, SAFE & SOUND :D 11-02-08

Postmarked, (JAN 22 2008)

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert