• Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Any info on the above? label price etc?

Cheers Chaps!

link

JOHN ANDREWS & THE LONELY ONES - A ROSE GROWING IN THE RUINS / IT'S JUST LOVE - PARLOPHONE R 5455 RELEASED 1966

£30 in Record Collector price guide.

Derek

Social source share

wonder why a magazine on collecting is so far out on soul prices  , it mentioned a couple of issues ago barbar mcnair on tmg is worth 200 - 250 , surely a 400 pounder now a days

link

I suppose the guide is produced by guys with no knowledge of the soul scene prices which is surely a good thing as it gives us a chance of the occasional bargain of the mainstream dealers.

Derek

Social source share

I suppose the guide is produced by guys with no knowledge of the soul scene prices which is surely a good thing as it gives us a chance of the occasional bargain of the mainstream dealers.

Derek

link

I used to do the prices for the record collector guide for the first few issues. I packed it in after they took so long to pay up for the work done. Ever since, it's been crap :sleep3:

Social source share

I used to do the prices for the record collector guide for the first few issues. I packed it in after they took so long to pay up for the work done. Ever since, it's been crap  :(

link

Got copy number 145 september 1991 pete , how many issues did you do ?,bloody good read pete

span :(:(:sleep3:

Social source share

I've got an acetate of Val Simpson doing her demo of this. I keep meaning to play it. I'll do it down the next 100 Club. Along with the female version of Double Cooking which is by the Waves not the Whales as I incorrectly gibbered once.

link

Oh Ady, having all released stuff by her solo and as Ashford & Simpson need to hear this. On a Kent cd, soon please? Do you have much unreleased by her? Were these recorded as demos for songs or were they for released recordings by her? Feel free to write essay on her 60's recordings as dont know much about that period apart from the Motown phase.

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert