Bernard Williams On Harthon

Guest Sue Males

Guest Sue Males

I have a Bernard Williams on Harthon listed on ebay. I've just got a question, well more of a friendly advice, from someone telling me it's a bootleg. The one i'm selling is the one in the picture below.

In his information he says, & I quote ....." The original release is red with the harthon logo running from top to bottom on the the right hand side of the lable ".....

This is news to me. As far as i'm aware, the BOOT has the "HARTHON" in a straight line accross the top of the label. On original it's arched. In the dead wax of the original it has a block type stamp, then BL-136 A

Is there one as he's described it? I've never seen one :ohmy:

post-5573-1179841619_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have a Bernard Williams on Harthon listed on ebay. I've just got a question, well more of a friendly advice, from someone telling me it's a bootleg. The one i'm selling is the one in the picture below.

In his information he says, & I quote ....." The original release is red with the harthon logo running from top to bottom on the the right hand side of the lable ".....

This is news to me. As far as i'm aware, the BOOT has the "HARTHON" in a straight line accross the top of the label. On original it's arched. In the dead wax of the original it has a block type stamp, then BL-136 A

Is there one as he's described it? I've never seen one :ohmy:

yours is original, the harthon original vs. bootleg (I think it might be a legit reissue) he's describing is on the volcanos, preludes, and a few other releases where the original is red with the harthon logo and the bootleg is orange with just a straight "harthon." The bernard williams is not one of those, it's originally orange with the round harthon you have. The twilights "shipwrecked" is another release like the one you have (the other twilights 45 has a totally different, sort of interesting, harthon logo).

Social source share

Is there one as he's described it? I've never seen one tongue.png

yours is original, the harthon original vs. bootleg (I think it might be a legit reissue) he's describing is on the volcanos, preludes, and a few other releases where the original is red with the harthon logo and the bootleg is orange with just a straight "harthon." The bernard williams is not one of those, it's originally orange with the round harthon you have. The twilights "shipwrecked" is another release like the one you have (the other twilights 45 has a totally different, sort of interesting, harthon logo).

Hi Sue

Your copy of Harthon 136 With the Curved Logo is The Original for this release.

Many of the Harthons were reissued in the 70's via Soul Bowl. sad.png

-------------RE-ISSUE

Harthon_H-136-A_R.jpg

-------------RE-ISSUE

She'sPutting You On - The United Four - Harthon -

Harthon_UN-139-B.jpg

These are the First Issue Harthon Label, for The United Four, The Volcanos, etc.

They were reissued in the seventies.

-------------RE-ISSUE

Harthon_VOL-138-B_RE.jpg

-------------RE-ISSUE

The Volcanos - Gotta Be A False Alarm - Harthon -

Harthon_VOL-138-A.jpg

The FIRST Issue Harthon Label, for The Volcanoes.

Edited by mike
Social source share

Guest Sue Males

Thanks for confirming that for me fella's, i'll send him a message to say he can check this thread :P

Social source share

Is there one as he's described it? I've never seen one unsure.gif

Has anyone got a box full of these "second issues" with the arched HARTHON labels that they would like to get rid of :thumbsup: (second issue price of course) wicked.gif

Social source share

The Harthon Story will feature in the upcoming issue of There's That Beat! It's a great story and will feature scans of just about every Harthon/DynoDynamic 45 they were ever involved in. Some great info and a few myths put to rest too.

You can order at :

www.theresthatbeat.com

Regards,

Dave

www.theresthatbeat.com

www.hitsvillesoulclub.com

Social source share

are you trying to imply that they're not second issues?

As I believe has allready been made quite clear on this thread, the copy for sale on ebay which has the arched or curved HARTHON label is a first issue, the second issue has HARTHON printed straight across the label.

Edited by bob
Social source share

As I believe has allready been made quite clear on this thread, the copy for sale on ebay which has the arched or curved HARTHON label is a first issue, the second issue has HARTHON printed straight across the label.

yes, I was the first person to make that point, I was asking if you were disagreeing, I guess not.

ps. i get confused reading your posts, I think they're by me!

Edited by boba
Social source share

yes, I was the first person to make that point, I was asking if you were disagreeing, I guess not.

ps. i get confused reading your posts, I think they're by me!

Hi Boba sorry to confuse you, it's just my sense of humour. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert