Ebay...is It Me Or Does This Look Iffy?

It might just be me,but this seller doesn't seem kosher to me.He's turned up several top dollar 45's..some of which have sold recently for big money on ebay,Shirley Edwards etc.

https://cgi.ebay.com/Northern-Soul-Yvonne-V...1QQcmdZViewItem

He's also selling other pricey items by Pink Floyd etc.

High bidder is kept private...short listings of the days.[perhaps to stop it getting discussed on here?]

Could it be one old our old friends perhaps?...Hope I'm wrong....what do you think tongue.gif

Edited by Edwin S.Wales
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It might just be me,but this seller doesn't seem kosher to me.He's turned up several top dollar 45's..some of which have sold recently for big money on ebay,Shirley Edwards etc.

High bidder is kept private...short listings of the days.[perhaps to stop it getting discussed on here?]

Could it be one old our old friends perhaps?...Hope I'm wrong....what do you think tongue.gif

That Yvonne Vernee is the one that closed on 13th October that was sold by darkhorsesmoke, ebay number :-

Edited by pottsy
Social source share

That Yvonne Vernee is the one that closed on 13th October that was sold by darkhorsesmoke, ebay number :-

Likewise the Shirley Edwards item no: 4776364748

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

isnt darkhorsesmoke LEW STANLEY?

Social source share

NO thanks

MO, Or western Union Only !

Sorry, Bad experinces with overseas buyers,

Thats why I dont even sell to buyers from other countries

Although, Thanks for contacting me before hand , so I could expain to you my option for overseas buyers

Take care

ForeverMod@aol.com wrote:

Yes that is no problem, BUT I do not accept online payments from Buyers outside of the USA

So, If you live outside of the US, I will not accept PAYPAL or BIDPAY from you

Money Oder, Or Western Union Wire Transfer if you live outside of the US

Thanks

I can do a credit transfer from my bank account to your's?

Social source share

rich buckley and me were talking about this boy last night and concluded he was bent as a nine bobber.

there must be something that can be done about it cos some poor bastard who's not on here or the rsf is going to bid on these, send their western union and be very disappointed.

Social source share

rich buckley and me were talking about this boy last night and concluded he was bent as a nine bobber.

there must be something that can be done about it cos some poor bastard who's not on here or the rsf is going to bid on these, send their western union and be very disappointed.

actually, doesn't look like anyone's falling for it. it's a pretty poor effort by him, he needs to try harder.

Social source share

I emailed him and offered that my gf would pop in to Florida (where she's fictitiously on holiday) and meet him and pay for the records personally. "No meets, just Western Union"!!!! I also asked him about the Shirley Edwards being the same scan as last week and he said it was a "coincidence" ohmy.gif . I've just told the plank he's a fraudster and that Ebay will be suspending his account. I also called him a knobhead.

R

Social source share

I emailed him and offered that my gf would pop in to Florida (where she's fictitiously on holiday) and meet him and pay for the records personally. "No meets, just Western Union"!!!! I also asked him about the Shirley Edwards being the same scan as last week and he said it was a "coincidence" ohmy.gif . I've just told the plank he's a fraudster and that Ebay will be suspending his account. I also called him a knobhead.

R

You keyboard warrior you :ohmy: .

Social source share

Guest Craig the Manc

Sorry guy's, but am I missing the vital link on this???

Seller's history looks fine.

What should I be looking for in the way of a scam.

Cheers

Craig. ohmy.gif

Social source share

Cheers

Craig. :ohmy:

Craig, look at his feedback and the items he has sold - no other soul records at all. Too much of a coinicidence to be selling a handful of records and within that handful is Yvonne Vernee, Cashmeres, Bill Bush etc etc. Plus the pictures/scans he's used are from items that have recently sold on Ebay i.e he's nicked the pics from old auctions. Plus, he won't accept Paypal which gives a certain degree of protection. Get wise fella, always check feedback and what sort of items the feedback is for ohmy.gif

Rich

Social source share

Cheers

Craig. ohmy.gif

blimey, a non-cynical soulie

there is one!

Social source share

Guest Craig the Manc

Craig, look at his feedback and the items he has sold - no other soul records at all. Too much of a coinicidence to be selling a handful of records and within that handful is Yvonne Vernee, Cashmeres, Bill Bush etc etc. Plus the pictures/scans he's used are from items that have recently sold on Ebay i.e he's nicked the pics from old auctions. Plus, he won't accept Paypal which gives a certain degree of protection. Get wise fella, always check feedback and what sort of items the feedback is for ohmy.gif

Rich

Perhap's I'm to trusting wacko.gif and he's branching out into other catergories. Anyway, he wont be getting my money. :ohmy:

Cheers Rich.

KTF

Social source share

Perhap's I'm to trusting wacko.gif and he's branching out into other catergories. Anyway, he wont be getting my money. ohmy.gif

Cheers Rich.

KTF

Hi can you tell me the all markings on the dead wax on the A & B sides

Next thing I get a message of Ebay Auction has ended.

Then i get a message of the T*^t saying

"I took down item, I will be relisting it with a buy it now price , " Thanks. Thanks but no Thanks :angry:

Edited by Phoenix Rising
Social source share

Guest uroffal

Could it be one old our old friends perhaps?...Hope I'm wrong....what do you think :thumbsup:

Oh look they've all mysteriously disappeared :thumbsup: I wonder why ...

Social source share

I emailed him and offered that my gf would pop in to Florida (where she's fictitiously on holiday) and meet him and pay for the records personally. "No meets, just Western Union"!!!! I also asked him about the Shirley Edwards being the same scan as last week and he said it was a "coincidence" :thumbsup: . I've just told the plank he's a fraudster and that Ebay will be suspending his account. I also called him a knobhead.

R

Good for you Rich, well done. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert