Shortest 45

sepia

FOLLOW ON FROM LONGEST THREAD HERE

I WAS JUST GOING THROUGH MY M8 TUBS SALES BOX

CAME TO A 45 PAULINE CHIVERS / TOUGH STUFF / O-PEX

HAD A LOOK & THERE IS MORE RUN OUT THAN THE GROOVE

TOTAL TIME 1min 43sec NOW THATS SHORT

BY THE WAY ITS A NAE TO BAD R&B RECORD(small plug for your sales there tubs) :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 49
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

BY THE WAY ITS A NAE TO BAD R&B RECORD(small plug for your sales there tubs) :)

Anything played by Tony Jebb :thumbsup: He used to fade out every record after 90 seconds it seemed to me :yes:

Social source share

Guest Stormin Si

i thought the What About The Music instrumental was the shortest. isnt it about 1 min 27sec or something?

Social source share

.....as is Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me.

John.

The whole first side of Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me album is only 10 mins long and yet includes -

Come Go With Me (1:53)

Finders Keepers (1:52)

Heartbeat pt 1 & 2 (4:17)

Run One Flight Of Stairs (1:58)

is there a shorter better collection of northern sides?

Mike

Social source share

John & The wierdest flip to Can't get over these memories "No time" is 1 minutes 24 seconds long! What a fantastic tune it is as well.

Thought this was around 1 minute 50 secs? :thumbsup: still short at that though. Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance.

Social source share

"nothing lasts forever"Staple singers,Epic 1.23mins...............why bother :yes: strange title for such a short record :thumbsup:

I`m winning :)

Social source share

BY THE WAY ITS A NAE TO BAD R&B RECORD(small plug for your sales there tubs) :thumbsup:

The shortest one that i know of is Ketty Lesters Rivers of Salt 1min 49sec. that was till the posts on here.

Steve

Social source share

Thought this was around 1 minute 50 secs? :thumbsup: still short at that though. Clyde McPhatter - Please Give Me One More Chance.

You're right.

Dont know where I got that from. The official time on the label is 1 minute 47 seconds , but I've just played it and its actually 1 minute 40 seconds.

Social source share

No your'e not Kenny.

Melissa Morgan - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing 1.03 :yes:

Not having this,i can beat this by a mile,but not sure,the Castro sisters??,they come on and say heres three mins of silence,and thats it total silence for 3mins,nobody is gonna listen too three mins of nowt,are they?,sold it Sean Hampsey :thumbsup:

Social source share

Not having this,i can beat this by a mile,but not sure,the Castro sisters??,they come on and say heres three mins of silence,and thats it total silence for 3mins,nobody is gonna listen too three mins of nowt,are they?,sold it Sean Hampsey :yes:

It's true, I bought the famous "Three Minutes Of Silence" from Ken.

...One of his best recommendations I reckon!

:yes:

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Isn't Don Ray's Born A Loser a bit short?[quote name='Supercorsa' date='Jun 18 2006, 03:

No, it's still about two minutes too long :yes::D:D:D

One of the greatest 'short records' of all is Taurus and Leo's "Goin' Out The World Backwards" - label says 1 min 27 secs, record actually plays 1 min 24 secs...

Shortest actual song (3 mins of silence notwithstanding, it still lasts for 3 minutes after all!) I have in my collection is a country 45, Shel Silverstein's "26 Second Song". Go on, have a guess how long it plays for!

TONE :yes:

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I`m the winner :yes:

Sorry mate but , as I pointed out in my previous post, three minutes of silence still lasts for three minutes. If it was one second of silence I'd allow you.... :yes:

TONE :D

Social source share

John & The wierdest flip to Can't get over these memories "No time" is 1 minutes 24 seconds long! What a fantastic tune it is as well.

Interesting fact but a load of bollocks as it's 1.47 :yes: oops didn't realise someone else said the same thing.

Anyway I'm going to win this competition because the shortest ever record played on the scene, and this was played before anyone says it wasn't..is Gordons Gin Theme which is about 45 seconds long. Was on an advertising disc given away in the early 70's.

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Sorry mate but , as I pointed out in my previous post, three minutes of silence still lasts for three minutes. If it was one second of silence I'd allow you.... :D

TONE :D

Thats tight Tony :D surely records end when the silence kikcs in :yes: if not,how would you tell when the record as finished,it be a twat to DJ with :yes:

Social source share

the shortest ever record played on the scene, and this was played before anyone says it wasn't..is Gordons Gin Theme which is about 45 seconds long. Was on an advertising disc given away in the early 70's.

Argh, had forgotten about that! :yes:

Yes, I remember it. :yes:

They (Gordons) also pressed up some with a spoken intro, something along the lines of "Everyone wants to know what this sound is and where it comes from, well here it is and it's the red hot sound of Gordon's Gin" sounded great over the system at both Wigan and Yate - NOT!

Also remember emi-discs that were cut from tapes made in cinemas!!! Sure I have it on cassette tape somewhere - I'm gonna be up all bloody night now.

John.

Social source share

Interesting fact but a load of bollocks as it's 1.47 :yes: oops didn't realise someone else said the same thing.

Anyway I'm going to win this competition because the shortest ever record played on the scene, and this was played before anyone says it wasn't..is Gordons Gin Theme which is about 45 seconds long. Was on an advertising disc given away in the early 70's.

Not got a sound-file Pete? :yes:

Social source share

candy staton - now you got the upper hand - less than 2 minutes if memory serves me right

Hey-up Taffy they`res a million zillion records less than two mins`,not sure of the exact number,but bet its loads and loads :yes:

Social source share

Guest hammy

Danny Moore on ALLRITE is (i'm pretty sure) 1m41 secs - although I don't have it anymore to check.

Another short one (oooer) is Clarence Hill - Whole lot of loving Going round

Hammy.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not got a sound-file Pete? :yes:

You could always play the chorus of "Happy Together" by the Jam instead, it's another of Weller's more blatant rip offs (see "So Is The Sun" (Trans Global Unity Express), "Papa's Got A Brand New Pigbag" (Precious) and the intro of Martha and the Vandellas' "I'm Ready For Love" (A Town Called Malice) for others....)

TONE :yes:

Social source share

au contraire young Kenneth,

Surely If I now own the record.... then I Must Be The Winner?

(I paid a pound a minute for the privilege, if my memory serves me right).

:yes:

Sean Hampsey

Just to satisfy my curiousity Sean, what's on the b side?

Pound a minute, wanna buy the 12" version :yes:

Social source share

The 'B' side is a storming Northern Soul number which uses the backing track from Yvonne Baker "You Didn't Say a Word" on Parkway....

.... I didn't tell Ken at the time (which is why i bought it so cheaply) and I guess he never flipped it over, which just goes to show you, that you should always play the B sides.

The vocals and lyrics are even better than the Yvonne Baker track.

It's called "You Never Sang A Note"

Sean Hampsey

Social source share

The 'B' side is a storming Northern Soul number which uses the backing track from Yvonne Baker "You Didn't Say a Word" on Parkway....

.... I didn't tell Ken at the time (which is why i bought it so cheaply) and I guess he never flipped it over, which just goes to show you, that you should always play the B sides.

The vocals and lyrics are even better than the Yvonne Baker track.

It's called "You Never Sang A Note"

Sean Hampsey

Just my lukc :yes: how long is it? :yes:

Social source share

Guest martyn

The whole first side of Gloria Jones - Come Go With Me album is only 10 mins long and yet includes -

Come Go With Me (1:53)

Finders Keepers (1:52)

Heartbeat pt 1 & 2 (4:17)

Run One Flight Of Stairs (1:58)

is there a shorter better collection of northern sides?

Mike

:yes: I doubt it -how could you beat 10 mins of that!

BTW Pal & The Phrophet-Peace Pipe???Only just over a minute.................Before it was slowed down & called Space Odysee :yes:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well Maurice Williams and the Zodiacs - stay was short but it's normal Doo Wop, I know a shorter record but sadly it's by a ska punk band so don't count as we doing Northern and soul records

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert