Help -marvin Gaye

• Replies 8
  • Views 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

just heard this one and has become no.1 on my wants list -from what little I know its 'unreleased' and was recorded circa 1972 -hopefully I'm wrong (I often am) about being 'unreleased' and someone can point me to that elusive piece of vinyl.

cheers

Andy

Andy - it did get a limited release on a 4 track 12" on 'The Power Of Funk & Soul" label as well as "Where Are We Going" it had "The World Is Rated X"; You're The Man" and "Cakes".

Probably a 'boot of some description - but good quality

Mike

Social source share

Guest Adrian

just heard this one and has become no.1 on my wants list -from what little I know its 'unreleased' and was recorded circa 1972 -hopefully I'm wrong (I often am) about being 'unreleased' and someone can point me to that elusive piece of vinyl.

cheers

Andy

Just happen to have it next to me, here what the 12 looks like, pretty tacky really!

Great track produced by the Mizells. Story goes Marvin kept them waiting for 2 hours, strolled in smoking weed and done it in one take and left.

It was originally done as an instrumental by Donald Byrd, on the Blackbyd lp which was again Mizell produced.

Its on the Lets Get It On Deluxe CD.

Sure once I heard another Mizell produced Marvin track on an old Bob Jones radio show, can't remember anything else though.

marv.jpg(post-3764-1160238385_thumb.jpg

Edited by Adrian
Social source share

It was originally done as an instrumental by Donald Byrd, on the Blackbyd lp which was again Mizell produced.

it wasn't quite an instrumental, but it would have been better to have been one on this occasion as the vocal is dreadful on the blackbyrd lp.

also check out the version by Funk Inc on fantasy which is really good, has that 3 pieces sound.

cheers Sutty

Social source share

Guest Adrian

it wasn't quite an instrumental, but it would have been better to have been one on this occasion as the vocal is dreadful on the blackbyrd lp.

also check out the version by Funk Inc on fantasy which is really good, has that 3 pieces sound.

cheers Sutty

Thanks for the reminder Sutty, forgot that one I'll have to dig out the lp and give it a listen

Social source share

TUUUUUNE

this reminds me of corrupting my lovely new boyfriend (now my husband) at a party in Preston after he'd been to the Howard for the first time....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert