Smoke On Mo-Soul

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Barry White said it was him and Bob Relf, Jackie Lee said it was him and a girl? Anyone have the record or know for definite?

Ta

Ady

have there other one (£25)

oh love---love lets be happy now

credits are

barry white on 1st side

b white -- r relf -- t brocker

arr,gene page & barry white

produced--bob relf

Social source share

have there other one (£25)

oh love---love lets be happy now

credits are

barry white on 1st side

b white -- r relf -- t brocker

arr,gene page & barry white

produced--bob relf

Thanks Keith that's the one I meant, if you play oth sides does it sound male/fmale or male/male. The Soul Harmony book had it down for a female duo so i can guess it's gonna sound quite that way.

Social source share

One way or another, lots of talk about this 45 recently.....both here and EMS.......EMS talk was questioning pressing quality.

Must give it a listen again!

Cheers,

Mark R

yes poor quality styrene

mines only vg as it is

ADEY-----------MALE/FEMALE DEFO

Social source share

Guest Eridu

One way or another, lots of talk about this 45 recently.....both here and EMS.......EMS talk was questioning pressing quality.

Must give it a listen again!

Cheers,

Mark R

My copy also plays much noisier than it looks like it should...

Social source share

• 3 months later...

I could now use a minter or Ex of this for a dub if anyone feels like lending it and wants some CDs as a thank you?

Ady

there are two smoke on mo-souls, there's the press with the short/long version and the one with the b-side. which are you looking for?

Social source share

Hi Bob, that's interesting, I'll let you know when the first arrives on the doormat.

Ta

Ady

it's hard to find a clean copy of this, most copies are styrene with whitening of the grooves and distortion in my experience for some reason

Social source share

Barry White said it was him and Bob Relf, Jackie Lee said it was him and a girl? Anyone have the record or know for definite?

Ta

Ady

DEAR ADY

I HAVE THE RECORD AND IT'S WRITTEN AND PRODUCED BY BARRY WHITE- ALSO GENE PAGE HELPED WITH THE PRODUCTION- IT'S A GREAT TUNE AND I'VE PLAYED IT OUT A COUPLE OF TIMES- ALL THE BEST FROM MATT (TROWBRIDGE , WILTS)

Social source share

There was a group named SMOKE, out of California circa 1976 on Choclate City Records, while the Mo Soul track is 1971 (????) also out of California. Any connection???g.gif

Barry White did "Oh Love" with the Love Unlimited & L.U. Orchestra circa 1973 , while his solo album "Cant get enough" released 1974. with Gene Page co arranging with BW. also included this track.

If those dates are correct then BWs release came after Smoke on Mo-Soul.

I believe that it came out on a different label design of Mo Soul out of Columbus circa 1971?, can anybody confirm this.???

Dave Halsall

TMIBph34r.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert