A Love Reputation

Guest aintgotit

Guest aintgotit

I was listening to Denise Lasalle,singing Love Reputation, yesterday. Apart from its identical backing to "just like the weather", it seems a bit incongruous. i,m wondering did the writers, L Baker and W R Emerson write it for a female lead ,and if not is there an alternative male vocal floating around. Nolan Chance perhaps?

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I was listening to Denise Lasalle,singing Love Reputation, yesterday. Apart from its identical backing to "just like the weather", it seems a bit incongruous. i,m wondering did the writers, L Baker and W R Emerson write it for a female lead ,and if not is there an alternative male vocal floating around. Nolan Chance perhaps?

Tarpon (the original release label) is one of the writers - Billy 'The Kid' Emerson - label.

Every other release I've come across on the label is by him - so there's a fair chance he cut a guide vocal at least...

Social source share

Tarpon (the original release label) is one of the writers - Billy 'The Kid' Emerson - label.

Every other release I've come across on the label is by him - so there's a fair chance he cut a guide vocal at least...

One thing is for sure......Denise knew nothing of Nolan!

I interviewed Miss Laselle in 06 and spoke to Charles Davies aka Nolan Chance prior to his death.

Both had no idea of any other versions!

The wonderful and mysterious record business. biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

i wonder who L baker is then , not Laverne is it?

Social source share

I interviewed Miss Laselle in 06 and spoke to Charles Davies aka Nolan Chance prior to his death.

I posted a link to the mill evans acetate of just like the weather a couple of weeks ago

Social source share

I met Robert Pruter in the bar of the Ambassador East he had both tracks on his MP3 player and he

didn't know they were the same backing track !! He bought both records when they were released!!

Wouldn't mind a copy of that Nolan Chance on Bunky, super looking label............ thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest aintgotit

There's an alternative vocal version by Mill Evans - totally different song - acetate sold on ebay for $$$ a few weeks back

Bloody hell, thought "what tune is he talking about", neither are on here as clips, but just heard a couple of clips i recognise by mill evens on here ,why why why , and i,ve got to have your love, cheers

Social source share

Don't forget Bill Coday's great "Right On" on Crajon which also shares the JLTW backing track. The writer credit on that is Denise Jones, the married name of Denise LaSalle.

For what it's worth Nolan Chance's version is my least favourite as a record. I've yet to hear the Mill Evans acetate, but look forward to doing so.

Social source share

Don't forget Bill Coday's great "Right On" on Crajon which also shares the JLTW backing track. The writer credit on that is Denise Jones, the married name of Denise LaSalle.

For what it's worth Nolan Chance's version is my least favourite as a record. I've yet to hear the Mill Evans acetate, but look forward to doing so.

Right on baby has the same backing as Denise's own " Too late to check your trap " as well .Best,Eddie

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert