Name That Tune

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Don and Rodger are sitting in a bar, after putting Freddie in a cab. What's the tune on the jukebox? I know it, but I can't drag it out of the grey matter!

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

:yes:

I kept hearing a familiar hook in between the dialogue, have you tried listening again on BBCplayer?

I've replayed it over and over, via my BT box, it's sooo familiar "Pot can't talk about the kettle? Don't talk about me?" maddening! Something keeps pricking me towards Barbara Lewis? or something Goffin/King?

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Do I have to everything for you Trev!

Link for lazy sods laugh.gif

Paul

Your link won't work Godz.

found it here

https://digital.othermusic.com/search/full.php?FULL=111279

That's the one! Nice! (would like the full track)

Actually the song was well chosen, given Rodger was advising Don about having affairs! :thumbup:

Just shows why MadMen is the best show on TV!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Your link won't work Godz.

found it here

https://digital.othermusic.com/search/full.php?FULL=111279

That's the one! Nice! (would like the full track)

Actually the song was well chosen, given Rodger was advising Don about having affairs! laugh.gif

Just shows why MadMen is the best show on TV!

Works fine for me. Mind you only takes you to Juno's MP3 link. You have to pay if you want the whole track.

Agree with you about the show: Fantastic Telly. Thought you only watched it for the suits though! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Just read that this was only a 300 copy release. Must be pretty hard to get. Is it the same 'Blue Star' as Arin Demain?

Anyone have a copy? Anyone play it? Seem to remember it being played out, which is why it sounded familiar on 'Mad Men' but I can't remember where I heard it out.

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Nice to see that Numero Group are so good at placing tunes from their "Eccentric Soul" compilations on major US TV-shows! :(

A while ago George McGregor & The Bronzettes "Temptation Is Hard To Fight" (a Twinight recording) was used in an episode of "Mad Men" as well. I've also heard Kool Blues deep soul masterpiece "I Want To Be Ready" in an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" and Marion Black's "Who Knows" in an episode of "Weeds".

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert