Mamie Lee - I Can Feel Him Slipping Away

wondering if anyone can help me out here ?

looking for the mamie lee 45 - i can feel him slipping away ? on mgm

any ideas on a price ?

Edited by situ vacant
Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The last one I saw went for £80

I can believe it but it used to be a very common record. I used to fall over them at Shudehill Market in Manchester but I guess there was little demand for it in those days.

I understand there's some unissued stuff by her in MGM's vaults. Wonder if it's all show tunes like her version of "My Funny Valentine" or if there's anything else remotely like "Slipping Away".

Social source share

I can believe it but it used to be a very common record. I used to fall over them at Shudehill Market in Manchester but I guess there was little demand for it in those days.

I understand there's some unissued stuff by her in MGM's vaults. Wonder if it's all show tunes like her version of "My Funny Valentine" or if there's anything else remotely like "Slipping Away".

It would be nice to think that they were'nt all show tunes.

Social source share

I bought her MGM LP some years back....

Nothing to write home about though! no.gif

I always have wondered if there's anything else by her along the lines of "... Slipping..."?

I have the LP too John.

Great cover!

Dont know about you but "Slipping" always reminds me of Paul Rowan at Raquels in Wakefield. Pretty sure that's where I heard it first!

Still love the tune to bits!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

Social source share

I have the LP too John.

Great cover!

Dont know about you but "Slipping" always reminds me of Paul Rowan at Raquels in Wakefield. Pretty sure that's where I heard it first!

Still love the tune to bits!

thumbsup.gif

Sean

I picked up the LP too after getting "Slipping" in the hope there might be another jewel to be found, (I've not come across any more 45's on MGM)

I agree, she looks great on the cover! just to mention, the flip ov "slipping away" namely "The Show Is Over" is a great beat ballad ender IMHO, and quite an apt title too!

steve

Social source share

I picked up the LP too after getting "Slipping" in the hope there might be another jewel to be found, (I've not come across any more 45's on MGM)

I agree, she looks great on the cover! just to mention, the flip ov "slipping away" namely "The Show Is Over" is a great beat ballad ender IMHO, and quite an apt title too!

steve

Ther is at least one other single, but it is just two of the LP tracks - I think "Come back to me" is one of the sides

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I wonder if it isnt because of the Tobi Bowe version Sam and Mick H were playing.

People remember the first version they heard and look for what they are more comfortable with.

Plus, even at £80, they could buy a dozen for the price of a TB.

Social source share

Source Advert