• Replies 208
  • Views 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (ImberBoy @ Apr 2 09, 05:25 PM)

God, I used to love this...for a few minutes there I was 17 again...great dance beat. Think this was in the charts the same time as "Float On" and Gladys' "Baby Dont Change Your Mind".

Oh the memories...serious flashback time, platforms and "Farrah" hairdo included.

Social source share

Sugar Man - Jesus Rodreguez. Anyone know this haunting tune?

Posted it up once,years ago when we just stuck up soundfiles........got the album on Sussex its all good,and a single of something not on the lp........pretty good i think.

Social source share

• 2 months later...

About 25 years ago I used to have an excellent 45 on Pye by Guy Fletcher called "Keep On Loving Me". It was a yellow demo and dates (according to the stamp) from May 1968. It is a brilliant UK uptempo pop-stomper with overtones of "Baby Now That I've Found You". I have NEVER seen another copy - UK collectors (and Pete, take note!), keep a look out for this!

From what I can recall, Guy Fletcher was a song-writing partner with Doug Flett, and I think they wrote a fair bit of material for Cliff Richard which were submitted as potential Eurovision entries that year, but were rejected. However, their composition "Power To All Our Friends" did make the 1973 Eurovision for Cliff.

Also, on the subject of Eurovision, what about "Love Games" by Belle & The Devotions?

I realise this is an old post Gene but just to say I just got a buy it now minter off Ebay for £15

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert