Best 'second Room'

• Replies 41
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Lowton Modern Room was brilliant in its day, currently home to the D.D.A. The back room at the Howard was special but for me it's gotta be Prestwich Modern Room......

Sorry if the pic is a bit big :thumbsup:

Edited by BazM
Social source share

Lowton Modern Room was brilliant in its day, currently home to the D.D.A. The back room at the Howard was special but for me it's gotta be Prestwich Modern Room......

Agreed on all counts Baz, had (and still having at one of them) superb nights at them all. :thumbsup:

Sorry we can't be there this coming Friday mate, we're treating ourselves to a posh hotel for our birthday, with the added bonus of a soul event tagged on. :D

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Where do you reckon The Best Second Room was??

Me-BRADFORD MODERN ROOM (Queens Hall) 91

...........and yes l was in M's many a time.

I'll go with that, fantastic times in that dingey dodgey room :thumbsup:

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

Guest familytree

Reckon that's were Northern and House first collided....Paradise Orchestra etc.....kin brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i only got there a couple of times but agree it was a great room!... sooo refreshing and well overdue to have the two genres meet, it made for an exciting vibe thanks to barry (and im sure others im not familiar with).. lowtons back room has been fun over the years with again open minded prommoters... funny it was the reverse at wigan, the main room was modern... ish and Ms oldies....perhaps now they should swap it round as some second rooms are so full they need the main?... did that make sense?! :thumbsup:

Social source share

The small room that Steve Cato ran at Soul Revolution in London was just sublime.

I heard some amazing records in there and the atmosphere was superb. :lol:

Spot on, right across the board. Would be a joy to play in :lol: Keep it up Steve

Social source share

Although I prefer earlier music, I spend quite a lot of time in there when I'm at Prestwich - at times it outdoes the main room for dynamism and atmosphere; it can really swing on a good night.

Social source share

Sorry if the pic is a bit big :lol:

Ha ha, that's me, Dru & Roz in the front there! Brings back some memories - when was that taken Baz? About 10 years ago?

I loved the Bretby modern room, also had some absolute belters upstairs at Cleethorpes during the early 90s - packed to the rafters, lights off, Terry Jones or Adam on, everyone singing, electric atmosphere...

These days I like nipping into the Rugby freestyle room when it gets a bit too R&B in the main room :lol:

Social source share

Guest Beeks

Current second rooms have to be Rugbys freestyle room...always something different in there and lets not forget Joes room in Middleton...for an R&B enthusiast it is hard to beat!

Social source share

The front room bar area at Sheridians had it's moments where you could dig a little deeper being able to play all tempos and styles early doors before the main room really kicked in.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Yes, I agree Mark, although, 2nd room at Bury Town Hall wins my vote :thumbup: .. whatever the music policy. I remember my 30th birthday up there with Pete Haigh, Sean Livesey and Barry Maleady Dj'ing. Top nite and equally, when we put RnB in the other top room at Bury and we had the Sink guys with Andre Minta on, t'was also a brilliant atmosphere.

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

The small room that Steve Cato ran at Soul Revolution in London was just sublime.

I heard some amazing records in there and the atmosphere was superb. :rolleyes:

yes.gif

I like Rugby's 2nd room & Joe's room at Middleton. Top tunes! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes, I agree Mark, although, 2nd room at Bury Town Hall wins my vote :rolleyes: .. whatever the music policy. I remember my 30th birthday up there with Pete Haigh, Sean Livesey and Barry Maleady Dj'ing. Top nite and equally, when we put RnB in the other top room at Bury and we had the Sink guys with Andre Minta on, t'was also a brilliant atmosphere.

Jayne.x

I agree Jayne I loved Room at The Top at Bury. :thumbsup:

Suz

x

Social source share

Where do you reckon The Best Second Room was??

Me-BRADFORD MODERN ROOM (Queens Hall) 91

...........and yes l was in M's many a time.

Bensons Bradford modern room used to have a buzz about it.

Social source share

I heard some amazing records in there and the atmosphere was superb. :D

had some good night's in Steve's room,soul with no boundaries,

also would have to call the backroom at bentinck, the choons that get played in this little room are second to none..

another thats worth a shout is the upstairs room run by dave & chris at natwhich, shaping up nicely :lol:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Oh and for got too mention The Attic..some great music played by Top Djs from all corners of the country. Respect to the Promoters...Now when have i gotta bring me records Kev..HINT HINT :D:lol::D

Social source share

Sorry if the pic is a bit big :unsure:

Hi Baz, all good in their own way. Had great times at all of them.

But it's about the best "Second Room"

So I will cheat and say "The Highland Room" since it was the second room at Blackpool Mecca.

I'll get my coat smile.gif

Edited by davetay
Social source share

The second (modern) room at The Albrighton niters was pretty special ..she said with absolute bias :unsure:

Lin, absolutely right, great second room at the nighters, so much good stuff played in there and an atmosphere to die for.

Great to see me old mate the other week at Nantwich! Actually, thats not a bad second room thinking about it!

Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert