Greek 45s

Starting this topic off with one on Stax records - from Ollie & The Nightingales:

post-5094-1238460778_thumb.jpg

The lovely sound of "You're leaving me"

The actual colour of the label is a very pale cream, almost white - not yellow like the later UK releases.

If anyone has got any others to add to this, feel free! :wub:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Know you're talking more about Greek issues of soul 45's but have tons of Greek originals, lots sung in English by Greek groups, mostly not soul - lots of beat, especially organ-based "shake" sound - but one that does bear mention here is Tammy's version of Johnny Taylor's "Who's making love", insane and great at the same time

Social source share

very low quality pic I know but the best that I got:

Frankie Beverly - If that's what you wanted:

post-1670-1238497541_thumb.jpg

Then there was an issue of Dee Dee Sharp - What kind of lady.

Either Frankie Beverly or Dee Dee Sharp were slightly different cuts I recall, probably Dee Dee Sharp. Anyone confirm?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I've got a copy of "Heavy Makes You Happy" by - and I quote - "The Straple Singers" on Greek Stax (same label colours as John's Ollie/Nightingales) . I'm at work, it's at home, will try to find and post later...

Social source share

very low quality pic I know but the best that I got:

Frankie Beverly - If that's what you wanted:

post-1670-1238497541_thumb.jpg

Then there was an issue of Dee Dee Sharp - What kind of lady.

Either Frankie Beverly or Dee Dee Sharp were slightly different cuts I recall, probably Dee Dee Sharp. Anyone confirm?

Shouldn't that Frankie Beverley have a centre in it... or is that a dinked copy?

Remember seeing a copy about 30 years ago, could swear it had a middle.

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

Shouldn't that Frankie Beverley have a centre in it... or is that a dinked copy?

Sean

Sean, already been answered by the scan posted but if you look closely at my pic you can see the record had a middle which was pushed out. I don't own said disc just have a scan of it.

A mate of mine has a greek Frankie Beverly or Dee Dee Sharp. Have seen it only once many years ago I'm not sure which one.

Social source share

Sean, already been answered by the scan posted but if you look closely at my pic you can see the record had a middle which was pushed out. I don't own said disc just have a scan of it.

A mate of mine has a greek Frankie Beverly or Dee Dee Sharp. Have seen it only once many years ago I'm not sure which one.

Also issued in Italy, my first copy was a misspress with a "Love you pain goes deep" but, even "If that´s..." was printed on cover and label the track was a different one! Not a happy bunny... :lol:

Used to have Frank Beverly Greek issue, but can´t recall it being a different cut... :lol:

Non soul (well, maybe slightly) related, but another nice Greek issue is Nico G³mez Lp featuring the monster latin track "Lupita" :lol:

Best

Edu

Social source share

Ah, thanks Benji & John.

My eyes aint wot they used to be!

:lol:

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert