Frank Wilson Auction Spot On Bbc Radio 6 Today

Interviews with Kenny Burrell, John Manship and Moi. It'll be tucked away within the show somewhere between some awful Rock stuff no doubt but they're tracking the auction and will interview Frank Wilson himself in the next couple of weeks so worth it for that alone........

Ian D :ohmy:

Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Bicks

Well done Ian. At least 6 Music got someone who knows their stuff to talk about it, nice one.

And come on everybody, I know everybody (it seems) hates the song but hearing the opening bars on the radio surely to God it must give you a little tingle down the spine...SURELY.

Social source share

Haha LOL......

Finally we get national coverage on the BBC with interviews with John Manship, Andy Rix, myself and Kenny Burrell. You can hear it here @ around 4 minutes and 30 seconds in.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/podcasts/musicweek/

Auction kicks off this Thursday folks...........

Whoops.....gotta go......CNN is on the blower! :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Well done Ian. At least 6 Music got someone who knows their stuff to talk about it, nice one.

And come on everybody, I know everybody (it seems) hates the song but hearing the opening bars on the radio surely to God it must give you a little tingle down the spine...SURELY.

Don't really know where you got that from, I for 1 thinks its a great record, allways have, allways will

Steve

Social source share

Guest Bicks

Don't really know where you got that from, I for 1 thinks its a great record, allways have, allways will

Steve

You've obviously not seen the previous ultra-long Frank Wilson thread.

I love it too and I'm always amazed at the animosity aimed at this track.

Social source share

You've obviously not seen the previous ultra-long Frank Wilson thread.

I love it too and I'm always amazed at the animosity aimed at this track.

Its all the anoraks on here who in my opinion forget where they come from, Musically speaking, bet 90% of them danced to it in the past. Got my hard hat n flak jacket on tongue.gif

Steve

Social source share

Its all the anoraks on here who in my opinion forget where they come from, Musically speaking, bet 90% of them danced to it in the past. Got my hard hat n flak jacket on tongue.gif

Steve

Also let's not forget that when it was discovered was during a period when some real drek was being played so it was like a throwback to the golden era and a classic Northern Motown tune in every sense of the word. In '78 that would have seemed like manna from heaven amongst amidst some of pop stuff that was masquerading as Northern Soul at the time.........

Ian D :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest MBarrett

Also let's not forget that when it was discovered was during a period when some real drek was being played so it was like a throwback to the golden era and a classic Northern Motown tune in every sense of the word. In '78 that would have seemed like manna from heaven amongst amidst some of pop stuff that was masquerading as Northern Soul at the time.........

Ian D biggrin.gif

Ian

Did you bother to try and contact anyone . . . . regional newspapers etc. . . . in Owosso??

MB

Social source share

Ian

Did you bother to try and contact anyone . . . . regional newspapers etc. . . . in Owosso??

MB

LOL, strangely enough Owosso hasn't been top of my priorities - it's been murder just trying to organise the BBC but hopefully things are beginning to accelerate now........

John did a live piece on BBC Radio Leicester last week as well plus a nice article in Record Collector coming up this week. Trying for Paul O'Grady as well.......

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

The Sun today - Bizarre column Page 18.....

"Singles may be 59p on t'internet but you'll need a bit more to bag the rarest seven-inch. One of just two copies of Sixties Northern Soul anthem "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)" by Frank Wilson could hit £100,000 at auction this week".

The hype builds......

Off and running now.....

https://www.raresoulman.co.uk/auction/all-auction

Ian D :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert