The Soul 45

Yes he has but we are trying to find a common denominator throughout all collections although it is less likely if you only collect one type with just a smattering of the other.

The loss of the Carstairs is a huge blow as I'd convinced myself everybody likes/has it except Pete Smith.

Still we've learnt some things along the way foremost amongst which is to ignore completely the next "good idea" from NZ.

ROD

Know what you're saying Rod and wasn't suggesting we count Mark out, just merely pointing out, in his defence, that he did offer,

Social source share

• Replies 631
  • Views 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I get this Steve :lol:

With Quantum theory your records can be in two places at the same time. Although I understand that by rights if you use it to move a record through space instantaneously you have to destroy the original :D

It's just the animal cruelty that gets my goat.

Well I thought my copy of the Mixed Emotions was in my play box when in actual fact the t*** who nicked it probably has it in his. :D

Social source share

Yes he has but we are trying to find a common denominator throughout all collections although it is less likely if you only collect one type with just a smattering of the other.

The loss of the Carstairs is a huge blow as I'd convinced myself everybody likes/has it except Pete Smith.

Still we've learnt some things along the way foremost amongst which is to ignore completely the next "good idea" from NZ.

ROD

Hi I am back, been out all day, and taking a while to catch up,

Shame I had the Carstairs,

Also got Elgins & Isleys, hes all I got

Not got the others.

P :D

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

If we get really stuck I like that idea (Mace's?) of going for any version of Wade in the Water.

And that woulda been a belter of an idea.....had I happened to own a copy of any version which unfortunately I don't.

As you have your scientific head on have you drawn any conclusions, other than that most of the contributors shouldn't be allowed out on their own, based on the data provided on this thread.

I haven't myself but I thought I'd drop it in your lap in return for posting the Top 500.

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

So it's Elgins and Isleys, I would find it hard to understand why a vinyl collecting black music lover wouldn't have these commercially massive, cheap as chips 45's,

Yes I agree with what I assume is the point you're making that because of their status they're overlooked by the cognescenti. OK we don't have to hear them everytime we go out but these should be in any self-abusing soul fan's collection so he can flick through them with his other hand.

ROD

Social source share

Yes I agree with what I assume is the point you're making that because of their status they're overlooked by the cognescenti. OK we don't have to hear them everytime we go out but these should be in any self-abusing soul fan's collection so he can flick through them with his other hand.

ROD

They are overlooked, and rightly so in the main, as I said everyone must have liked em once (maybe still do but not when out) and they are that common that it's pointless trying to sell em on, so should really be tucked away somewhere in all collections, IMO

Social source share

Can't believe it's taken 10 pages to get to these 3
f

I can't believe I came in at the death and got 2 of the current faves.Only thought of The Elgins because I heard it on radio 2 today and thought how great it still sounded .Feel bad about Rod's Carstairs choice tho ' as I do love it and wish I hadn't sold my pink Red Coach copy .Best,Eddie

Social source share

f

I can't believe I came in at the death and got 2 of the current faves.Only thought of The Elgins because I heard it on radio 2 today and thought how great it still sounded .Feel bad about Rod's Carstairs choice tho ' as I do love it and wish I hadn't sold my pink Red Coach copy .Best,Eddie

In honesty Eddie for a while we were sidesteppin Motown, as Mark had mentioned he didn't have any,

Just playin Elgins now, and it's still on my Profile as my fave :D

Social source share

The Supremes "He's All I Got" is the flip to "Love Is Like An Itching...."

I only collect US Motown DEMOs so we'll have to scrub that one too chaps as it's a double sided Demo.

My apologies.

I will however submit a substitute if that's OK:

Olympics - Baby Do The Philly Dog - Mirwood/Fontana

Social source share

The Supremes "He's All I Got" is the flip to "Love Is Like An Itching...."

I only collect US Motown DEMOs so we'll have to scrub that one too chaps as it's a double sided Demo.

My apologies.

I will however submit a substitute if that's OK:

Olympics - Baby Do The Philly Dog - Mirwood/Fontana

Nearly sure it's been done Dave, sure Rod will confirm

Tell me it's just a rumour - Isleys?

Edited by Pete60
Social source share

f

Do they come in all the colours and all the sizes then Eddie?

Social source share

Nearly sure it's been done Dave, sure Rod will confirm

Tell me it's just a rumour - Isleys?

Isleys was in Top 500. Olympics done. Not got Bell/Clay

So

Isleys This old heart of mine

Elgins Heaven must have sent you

And add

Martha & Vandellas Nowhere to run

Temptations Girl why you wanna...

Bobby Taylor Oh I've been blessed

Im off for a while to watch "Spooks"

ROD

Edited by modernsoulsucks
Social source share

So

And add

ROD

Oh good, cos I am going on to my pocket surfer and it takes half an hour to download one page!!

Social source share

So

And add

ROD

I haven't got Martha on a '45 .........Best,Eddie

Social source share

So

Isleys This old heart of mine :lol:

Elgins Heaven must have sent you :lol:

And add

Martha & Vandellas Nowhere to run :thumbup:

Temptations Girl why you wanna... :lol:

Bobby Taylor Oh I've been blessed :lol:

ROD

Supremes Love is like an... yes.gif

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

Isleys This old heart of mine no.gif

Elgins Heaven must have sent you :lol:

Temptations Girl why you wanna... :thumbup:

Supremes Love is like an... :lol:

OK Mike this is up to date now. As Pete said 10 pages to arrive at 4 Motown 45s!!!

ROD

Social source share

Guest Dante

Gosh, this is fun.

Haven't been posting regularly because of time difference. I usually chek the site when all of you are sleeping tight so...

If I'm not wrong, there's no 45 left, so here are some suggestions:

Major Lance - Um Um Um

Precisions - If This Is Love (dunno if it's been done)

Carl Carlton - Competition Ain't Nothing

Marvin & Tammi - Two Can Have A Party

The Artistics - This Old Heart Of Mine

Back to basics...

cheers

Social source share

Gosh, this is fun.

Haven't been posting regularly because of time difference. I usually chek the site when all of you are sleeping tight so...

If I'm not wrong, there's no 45 left, so here are some suggestions:

Major Lance - Um Um Um

Precisions - If This Is Love (dunno if it's been done) i have this one :thumbup:

Carl Carlton - Competition Ain't Nothing

Marvin & Tammi - Two Can Have A Party

The Artistics - This Old Heart Of Mine

Back to basics...

cheers

none of the others.

off to work soon so play nice.

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Really sorry, but I do have Marv Johnson (the b side threw me!)

Dont have the Precisions.

P :thumbup:

That *** pocket surfer is so slow, missed a few posts!

What about eliminating the Grapevine series? 101 to 147 (got all those)

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

I can't be bothered to go through 10 pages :wave: , but here would be my suggestion...

Otis Redding - Dock Of the Bay.

well i'll knock that one straight out - not got on single :yes:

p.s. Rod will be miffed with you for not doing your homework. (if you dont know what i mean, go back and read the first 9 pages :hypo: )

Social source share

I can't be bothered to go through 10 pages :wave: , but here would be my suggestion...

Otis Redding - Dock Of the Bay.

Welcome to this complete waste of time as was your suggestion.

We've already worked our way through top 500 [see post 213] and the new Top100 [see post 395] which appears to be the 100 45s least likely to be owned by anyone.

There have been others but as you're from down South in affluent Staines I wouldn't expect you to go through the entire thread but no doubt you have a Polish maid who could do that for you.

ROD

Social source share

From what I can see there are no 45s up for consideration despite now trawling as far as Mexico for inspiration.

If paup-ine [what kinda bloody name is that!!] wants to go through the Grapevine releases and put those forward that would be a new start although Im sure it will end in the old way.

Remember though Porcupine that some of those Grapevines would have already been included on US labels in the previous suggestions so you will have to exercise a modicum of discernment and organisation in submitting your list. Two qualities sadly lacking so far.

ROD

Social source share

From what I can see there are no 45s up for consideration despite now trawling as far as Mexico for inspiration.

If paup-ine [what kinda bloody name is that!!] wants to go through the Grapevine releases and put those forward that would be a new start although Im sure it will end in the old way.

Remember though Porcupine that some of those Grapevines would have already been included on US labels in the previous suggestions so you will have to exercise a modicum of discernment and organisation in submitting your list. Two qualities sadly lacking so far.

ROD

forget grapevine as i dont have any but i do have james bynum on US that came out an grapevine did'nt it.

mark

Social source share

Welcome to this complete waste of time as was your suggestion.

We've already worked our way through top 500 [see post 213] and the new Top100 [see post 395] which appears to be the 100 45s least likely to be owned by anyone.

There have been others but as you're from down South in affluent Staines I wouldn't expect you to go through the entire thread but no doubt you have a Polish maid who could do that for you.

ROD

For your information..She's Latvian. :hypo::wave:

Social source share

forget grapevine as i dont have any but i do have james bynum on US that came out an grapevine did'nt it.

mark

It doesn't matter what label they are on. The idea is to find a record common to all so it can be the original, boot or re-issue.

I've not got Bynum 45 so that's out anyway.

So are you saying you haven't got any of the Grapevine releases on any other labels apart from the Bynum 45.

ROD

Social source share

It doesn't matter what label they are on. The idea is to find a record common to all so it can be the original, boot or re-issue.

I've not got Bynum 45 so that's out anyway.

So are you saying you haven't got any of the Grapevine releases on any other labels apart from the Bynum 45.

ROD

dont know.

lovelites get it of my conscience is that one.

stanley woodruff

choice of colour

swiss movement

without seeing list wont know.

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Yes much cheaper and bigger-breasted on the whole with the extra bonus of forging closer ties with those from behind the old Iron Curtain whilst the wife is at the supermarket.

ROD

we have a Bulgarian cleaner/ironer if we all have an eastern european cleaner would that be ok :wave:

mark

Edited by mark.b
Social source share

Yes and she's probably got more NS 45s than you evidently have. As Porcupine hasn't reported in as yet do you want to put up say 10 NS 45s that you do have.

Unfortunately not the Lovelites.

ROD

PORCUPINE REPORTING IN NOW!!!!! :thumbsup:

At least it saves me a typing job now that my suggestion was a total waste of time!!

I have not got Swiss Roll or the Colour thingy!

P :wicked:

I will carefully check before posting any suggestions a bit later.

Heres thre I do not thing have been mentioned (did a quick search)

Lee Andrews -Cant Do With Out You

Walter Jackson - Fklowers

Frankie Valley - Ready

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

PORCUPINE REPORTING IN NOW!!!!! :thumbsup:

At least it saves me a typing job now that my suggestion was a total waste of time!!

I have not got Swiss Roll or the Colour thingy!

P smile.gif

I will carefully check before posting any suggestions a bit later.

Heres thre I do not thing have been mentioned (did a quick search)

Lee Andrews -Cant Do With Out You :lol:

Walter Jackson - Fklowers :yes:

Frankie Valley - Ready :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert