Knowledgable & Helpful Peeps On Here

Could you type anything without the help of your trusty thesaurus?

lol

WOW! Where did you get that from?

Some of us don't need a thesaurus.. we went to school!!

For those of that did, five letter words are not that difficult.

Social source share

• Replies 67
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

lol

WOW! Where did you get that from?

Some of us don't need a thesaurus.. we went to school!!

For those of that did, five letter words are not that difficult.

I was thinking of last weeks post when you asked someone if they knew what a particular word meant.

Except I can't spell it.

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

It's about time there was a bit of equality on this forum....I'm off to set up the 'Old Girls Club' laugh.gif:thumbup: - and as for 'dodgy' - view my official title :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Everyone mentioned above deserves that mention. A fountain of knowledge the lot of em! :thumbup:

Edited by Mrs Simsy
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

If ever I've asked a question, someone's always answered it.

If anyone's ever asked me a question, I've always answered it.

Being helpful costs nothing.

Pete, how many copies of WI.039 were sold between 1.1.65 to 30.9.65 - if you don't know, I'd be happy to give you the answer :thumbup:laugh.gif For the cost of a first class stamp, the data shall be yours....posting it today xxx

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

laugh.gif

Everyone mentioned above deserves that mention. A fountain of knowledge the lot of em! :thumbup:

Hmmm...they might be 'Old Women'....but only proper clever Old Birds can get in my Club :thumbup::thumbup:

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

laugh.gif

I dare not reply in earnest. There is a degree of editing taking place.

Reply as Dave then....I only got a 1976 O Level in proof reading...does that count? Back on topic, one super nice person on here is Eddie Hubbard - always happy to lend a hand... :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

So many great people on here. I agree with all the guys mentioned.

Another Couple who should be mentioned. One is Geoff, who is on here as Geoff. ;-)

For stories about the Mod clubs in the sixties, and the music played at certain London venues Geoff is an interesting and understated chronicler of that era.

And secondly Simon, who used to be Hippo, before Hippo turned up on SS. ;-)

But really. The bad apples are so few and far between they dont even bear mentioning.

Plus a few of the clever chaps on here, cant transfer that across to their assessments on England managers :-)

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

As a relatively new member I´d just like to say thanks to everybody (many of the above mentioned),

who answered my stupid questions or supplied invaluable background information, even to those, whose opinions I sometimes disagree with. (Always loved crossing the swords- as we say in Germany) :D

Long live Soul Source! :thumbsup:

Social source share

So many great people on here. I agree with all the guys mentioned.

Another Couple who should be mentioned. One is Geoff, who is on here as Geoff. ;-)

For stories about the Mod clubs in the sixties, and the music played at certain London venues Geoff is an interesting and understated chronicler of that era.

And talking of Geoff - myself and Alan Champ will have the pleasure of interviewing him on Alan Champ's show on www.starpointradio.com on Saturday 12th April between 3.00-5.00pm.

I'm absolutely fascinated with the early to mid 60's London Mod scene and I sometimes curse myself for being, 1) too young and 2) from up North at the time. Having met Geoff a couple of times, I'm really looking forward to grilling him on the show, especially about the Scene, the Bag O Nails, the Flamingo etc, etc. Any SS'ers who have any questions for Geoff should PM me and I'll make sure I ask him.

I think it's important to get as much verifiable info as possible about the birth of Mod culture and the early R'n'B scene in the U.K. and Geoff will be a font of knowledge about this era. The show will be downloadable and will be posted on S.S. as soon as we've done it, so once again, anyone who has any questions for Geoff should let me know soonish......

How's that for service LOL? :thumbsup:

Best,

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

And talking of Geoff - myself and Alan Champ will have the pleasure of interviewing him on Alan Champ's show on www.starpointradio.com on Saturday 12th April between 3.00-5.00pm.

I'm absolutely fascinated with the early to mid 60's London Mod scene and I sometimes curse myself for being, 1) too young and 2) from up North at the time. Having met Geoff a couple of times, I'm really looking forward to grilling him on the show, especially about the Scene, the Bag O Nails, the Flamingo etc, etc. Any SS'ers who have any questions for Geoff should PM me and I'll make sure I ask him.

I think it's important to get as much verifiable info as possible about the birth of Mod culture and the early R'n'B scene in the U.K. and Geoff will be a font of knowledge about this era. The show will be downloadable and will be posted on S.S. as soon as we've done it, so once again, anyone who has any questions for Geoff should let me know soonish......

How's that for service LOL? :lol:

Best,

Ian D :D

I love Geoff....I do - he is one of life's special people. He rallied to my cry for help for early Sue LP covers and we set a date with a photographer.....When Geoff got his vinyl stash out of his carrier bag, I drooled - drool, I nearly drowned in it - just fabulous mint condition UK Sue LP covers - The Sue Story Vol 3 and my all time want 'Dr Soul'....and the stories to go with them. People like Geoff are rare and they should be cherished....he's a national mod treasure :wub: Jo x

Social source share

Reply as Dave then....I only got a 1976 O Level in proof reading...does that count?

Not really, because I said "in earnest" and you replied "as Dave", so your joke falls a bit flat.

Are you sure about the year BTW?

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Not really, because I said "in earnest" and you replied "as Dave", so your joke falls a bit flat.

Are you sure about the year BTW?

Why? Do you want to check my birth certificate.... :thumbsup: I'm happy to show you all my credentials....I'm right helpful like that :D

Social source share

What an interesting little spat you're having guys. I'd like to echo Ian's words on Geoff. The man is a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge, to use a well worn clich. I've yet to meet him, but we've conversed many times on Carm's site & not just about Soul. Top bloke.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert