Rip Sonny Munro

Carlis 'Sonny' Munro passed away early this morning at Sinai-Grace Hospital in Detroit. He was the last of the great Falcons' lead singers that included Eddie Floyd and Wilson Pickett. His distinctive voice was featured on all the Detroit based Lupine and Big Wheel recordings, many of which he wrote with fellow Falcon James Gibson.

He was a 'larger than life' character who spoke his mind yet was warm, friendly and charasmatic. He will be greatly missed by fans, family and friends.

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Carlis 'Sonny' Munro passed away early this morning at Sinai-Grace Hospital in Detroit. He was the last of the great Falcons' lead singers that included Eddie Floyd and Wilson Pickett. His distinctive voice was featured on all the Detroit based Lupine and Big Wheel recordings, many of which he wrote with fellow Falcon James Gibson.

He was a 'larger than life' character who spoke his mind yet was warm, friendly and charasmatic. He will be greatly missed by fans, family and friends.

Sad news .

RIP Mr Munro .

Malc Burton

Social source share

r.i.p and my thoughts to family and friends regards john

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

The Falcons have been one of my favourite soul bands and it was a absolutely brilliant to see them live and meet Sunny in Northampton in 2006.

RIP big man. :unsure:

From the Falcons no. 1 fan. R.I.P. Sonny.

Martyn

Social source share

Same as buddy, superb performance at Northampton.

Will I be seeing you at Move On.?

Best

Tabs

Will I be seeing you at Move On this Friday?

The Falcons have been one of my favourite soul bands and it was a absolutely brilliant to see them live and meet Sunny in Northampton in 2006.

RIP big man. :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert