Gloria Shannon Available On Limited Edition Cd

RealSide have made available a limited edition promo cd including 15 released and soon to be released RealSide tracks.Artist include the magic Gloria Shannon track "Tears", deleted and unreleased Leonie tracks and other RealSide rarities.Although put together for promotion purposes a few are available to purchase from www.realsiderecords.co.uk in the shop or from francis@realsiderecords.co.uk. Telephone 01562 515291

Although this is a promo item the fold out full colour digipack format is really fantastic (not my words-words of a customer).Well worth checking out at £12.99 + post.

Includes Rhonda McDaniel "Falling " which is already a dance floor winner.Due on a single very soon.

cheers

francis t

Realside Records/Mr Tee

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Ivor Jones

RealSide have made available a limited edition promo cd including 15 released and soon to be released RealSide tracks.Artist include the magic Gloria Shannon track "Tears", deleted and unreleased Leonie tracks and other RealSide rarities.Although put together for promotion purposes a few are available to purchase from www.realsiderecords.co.uk in the shop or from francis@realsiderecords.co.uk. Telephone 01562 515291

Although this is a promo item the fold out full colour digipack format is really fantastic (not my words-words of a customer).Well worth checking out at £12.99 + post.

Includes Rhonda McDaniel "Falling " which is already a dance floor winner.Due on a single very soon.

cheers

francis t

Realside Records/Mr Tee

Ive gotta say Francis,the Gloria Shannon track is easily the best old New[You know what i mean !] discovery for many a year. Im still giving it plenty of welly whenever i get the chance to spin out. If someone asks you what Soul music is, you play them Gloria Shannon.

AWSOME stuff.......

Which begs the question,"any more like this knocking around" ?....

Best, Ivor

Social source share

I am getting some good feedback on this limited release including from abroad.Glenn and myself have great fun with the label and it is good when we get a positive feedback on our efforts.Sometimes we find our releases are not hip enough for the modern room deejays and too modern for the oldies fans.

We know that both perceptions are off the mark and this is proved by the collectors who are following the labels output and buying every release.

We hope this promo cd will give deejays and collectors a chance to find out a bit more about RealSide.

cheers

francis T

RealSide

terry@mrteerecords.co.uk

Social source share

Guest peter burke

Cant remember who played this at prestatyn sat afternoon 'Tears' just glad I didnt miss it. Think I was the only one dancing just love it.

Sue & Paul thumbup.gif:thumbsup:

twas Mr Jones. A very mellow afternoon.

Pete

Social source share

Here is a bit more info about the tracks.

1 silly love games-the first RealSide 45 and one that sold out on 45 a long time ago.A modern style dancer.

2Favour(do this world a favour) -Recorded especially for RealSide brilliant singer Jacqui Williams gives the Beris Hammond track a new feel.A proven dance floor hit and a chart entry in the US Beach Charts.

3. Hold on to the blues-Lonne Givens. A number one on the US Beach Chart after being discovered by RealSide on an obscure US cd and played by Kev Roberts on his syndicated radio show in the Carolinas.We sold out of the 45 a while back, but have just found a box of 15 misfiled, so get in touch as soon as possible.The track stayed in the Beach charts for over 80 weeks establishing Lonne as a major performer in that area.Has since topped the Beach Charts again with a new recording for a US label.

4.Can't leave you alone-Tu Tu Jones.Related we believe to Johnny Jones this a southern soul dancer with the Memphis Horns adding quality backing.Slow seller at the start but has gained in reputation amongst collectors of quality 45s.

5.You got it -Roy Hemmings.Quality modern crossover from the long time Drifters singer.Catch him live if you can.

6.Believe(The whole damned world is growing crazy)-Another revisit from Jacqui with a great dancefloor feel.

7.All the people all the time-one for Leonie (Parker) fans. Not yet released on single.

8.Break out the tears -Angel .From his US cd.You probably all know it by now!

9.Walter Thomas-I wanna get witcha' Walter wrote Hold on to the Blues and this modern style dancer he can write other great songs.Only 150 promo 45s pressed and now hard to find.Will probably become the rarest RealSide

10.Jacqui Williams- Real Love .Sort of dismissed at the time of release on 45 as just a copy of Driza.the critics rapidly changed their minds when they realised the legendary US studio guru TOM MOULTON had worked on the project.Further proof of his and Jacquis talent.

11.Tears are gifts from heaven -Gloria Shannon.Even has 2 You tube videos-very nice( but it would have been nicer if the creative people behind the clips gave our web site www.realsiderecords.co.uk as a link to buy.What a track

12.Falling- Rhonda Mc Daniel. Dina Carroll recorded this a few years back and Rhonda has scored a big hit with this in the Carolinas.This will be our next 45 backed with track 15 which demonstrates on an a lesser known 4 tops track her ability to sing crossover soul.

13.If loving you is all I have to do-Roy Hemmings and Anna Brooks.Roy is joined on this track by his band leader on a smooth update of a track he had previously recorded on one of his now collectable solo cds.A possible future single release for this jazzy flavoured production.

14.So Long-Walter thomas.Another soul side from Walter.One of the three notable productions on his US cd.

15.See track 12

Social source share

tears are from heaven

superb

Who is gloria shannon and how much to send to japan? :thumbsup:

Just noticed the question.

Gloria Shannon is the name attributed to an unknown singer responsible for I believe one of the classic soul discoveries in recent years.

The track was first introduced about 5 years ago via several deejays who we (Realside Records) sold copies to.

We finally got clearance from the tape owner to release the track last year and the rest is soul history.We have nearly sold out of the 45s, but have a few left.This limited promo cd is the first "official " cd release.

We will ship to Japan.Just send me an e mail to francis@real;siderecords.co.uk or terry@mrteerecords.co.uk and we will sort something out.

regards

francis t

Social source share

Francis

Don't forget the Roy Hemmings & Anna Brooks track; didn't you tell me that this, currently, is the only way to play the track, any sign of a 7" release yet :lol:

No immediate plans, but we hope the cd will bring it to the attention some more progressive deejays.Hopefully it will find favour with the deejays at Yarmouth this coming weekend-where I will be found in the Jim Wray lounge deejaying.

I will be taking some copies of the promo cd with me if anyone wants to pre order one

cheers

francis

Social source share

No immediate plans, but we hope the cd will bring it to the attention some more progressive deejays.Hopefully it will find favour with the deejays at Yarmouth this coming weekend-where I will be found in the Jim Wray lounge deejaying.

I will be taking some copies of the promo cd with me if anyone wants to pre order one

cheers

francis

Consider this an order, Francis!

:lol:

Looking forward to hearing you, John and Rob on Friday.

Sean

Social source share

Consider this an order, Francis!

Looking forward to hearing you, John and Rob on Friday.

Sean

We are looking forward to packing the dancefloor-oops sorry the armchairs- and I will be bringing along the "as found" tracks for both sides of Gloria Shannon to play if I get chance.The b side of Gloria is very interesting in its earliest form.

See you there Sean.

John and Rob and myself can't wait.

cheers

francis

Social source share

11.Tears are gifts from heaven -Gloria Shannon.Even has 2 You tube videos-very nice( but it would have been nicer if the creative people behind the clips gave our web site www.realsiderecords.co.uk as a link to buy.What a track

I still have one of the three acetates (Tim Brown and Ginger holding the others) that were about maybe six years ago...

open to offers

pm me if you anybody wants to drop an offer

Marc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert