Notts Palais Reunion Cancelled ?

Suinoz

If my posts came across that way it was because people who didn't have a clue what was going on were coming on and posting on behalf of the organisers.

Talk about frustrating frusty2.gif

Joan

I'm afraid they did come over as agressive ..to me as a reader

Did I post any info on behalf of the promoters?

Mand

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

• Replies 116
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Really?

So asking whether Little Anthony would definitely be appearing wasn't a perfectly reasonable question?

Or whether the event would definitely be going ahead?

Perfectly reasonable.... if you were going to attend.

Less so if you were just shit stirring.

Edited by Dave
Social source share

Joan

I'm afraid they did come over as agressive ..to me as a reader

Did I post any info on behalf of the promoters?

Mand

It was frustration not aggression Mandy.

But I suppose anyone reading would find it hard to differentiate between the two. So fair enough.

People may not have posted on behalf of the promoters. But instead of they most definitely did.

Social source share

It was frustration not aggression Mandy.

But I suppose anyone reading would find it hard to differentiate between the two. So fair enough.

People may not have posted on behalf of the promoters. But instead of they most definitely did.

May I suggest a rampant rabbit for the frustration laugh.gif

Sorry if I dont laugh I 'll cry!

Social source share

Its a lot to take on for anyone Tony, but if EVERYONE pulled together it could be done, however

Tickets and Northern fans don't mix, for day events that is, ask ANY promoter on here (unless its the TORCH) and "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush" as I'm sure Andy and Tracey have found out.

A lot of people would have to put their feet where their mouths are so to speak.

Interesting though....can it be done "word of mouth & Internet only ?"

We ran an alldayer in Nottingham with Richie Pitts a very strong DJ line up 2 rooms etc at Cabaret in the City centre about 3 years ago.

WE LOST £500 on the day and most of the DJs took a pay cut to help us out laugh.gif

never mind we had a great day !

Rob & Karen

i remember that day mate it was the day i met my long lost niece was it not :D

Social source share

Sadly the event has been cancelled but how many true soulies out there would want it to still go ahead even without the live artists ?? C'mon guy's there ain't much else happening that Monday. I'm on my way from OZ despite the bad news. No snidey replies please to a legitimate question. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Can we say it is very sad news to hear the alldayer has been cancelled and our thoughts go out to Tracy and Andy who had the ambitions to put a smashing event like this at the palais but unfortunatly as not come in to fruition, and there is an old saying its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all and i bet both of them have had sleepless nights worrying about this event.Both Joy and myself along with Nel and woody have run a event up in yorkshire for the past three years and in our opinion was quite succesfull but it took a hell of a lot of hard work sweat and tears and quite a few scares and scrapes and after promoting our event for 2009 were told we could no longer have the premises for our event after laying out in excess of £700 and quite of a lot of hard work we were devasted but we pulled up our socks got a new venue and now we are back on coarse and im sure tracey and andy will do the same.Without hyjacking the thred i think people have to understand that not everyone are (proffesional promoters)but a group of friends putting a event on to attract like minded people to come and have a good time listen to great music and meet new friends on the soul scene and hopfully cover the costs of the night and i bet there is loads of venues around the country that just scrape through but keep putting their events on because of the love of the scene.Can i just finish by saying please dont be too hard on them they will probally feel a bit gutted at the minute and in need of a bit of support and that is something we have plenty of on the soul scene all the best yocky & Joy

Social source share

So how come there was only the odd one who two who doubted this then??? and everyone else just ran with it, whos the fly in the ointment here??? If someone posts that x y and z are coming to appear or djay, who posts ''are they really?'' questions .... seems strange to me to question it from its very initial stages.

I seem to think we are missing some essential parts here.

I want to know who has jumped on the bandwagon from Robs post on the promotors thread and has liased with LAI to come over to the UK in the next 18 months.

And I want to know how come very quickly this has been organised?.

I want to know who didnt like the fact that 2 unknown people could actually pull something like this in the first instance and perhaps have gone out of their way to maybe use their ''connections'' to pull the rug from under their feet?? Things arent adding up here at all.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

So how come there was only the odd one who two who doubted this then??? and everyone else just ran with it, whos the fly in the ointment here??? If someone posts that x y and z are coming to appear or djay, who posts ''are they really?'' questions .... seems strange to me to question it from its very initial stages.

I want to know who has jumped on the bandwagon from Robs post on the promotors thread and has liased with LAI to come over to the UK in the next 18 months.

I want to know who didnt like the fact that 2 unknown people could actually pull something like this in the first instance and perhaps have gone out of their way to maybe use their ''connections'' to pull the rug from under their feet?? Things arent adding up here at all.

There is defiantly more to this under the surface than is being shown and I'm not surprised one bit!

This kind of thing as been going on for years it always makes me laugh when the saying "It's like one big family" is braded about the soul community in the UK,

Just look at the negative post from the start of Mandy first post about this Alldayer, It's about time anyone that as no intensions of having anything to do with or attending any one soul Night or Allnighter or Dayer buts out and leaves it to the one's that would like to support them IMO

Steve J

Social source share

There is defiantly more to this under the surface than is being shown and I'm not surprised one bit!

This kind of thing as been going on for years it always makes me laugh when the saying "It's like one big family" is braded about the soul community in the UK,

Just look at the negative post from the start of Mandy first post about this Alldayer, It's about time anyone that as no intensions of having anything to do with or attending any one soul Night or Allnighter or Dayer buts out and leaves it to the one's that would like to support them IMO

Steve J

Seems that maybe the soul mafia are still alive and well in 2009

its gone bloody quiet I know that ...

Social source share

Steve J

What I'd like to know is why nobody has managed to bring them over before but Tracey and Andy could persuade them? It's a genuine question? Was it because they simply cost too much, but if that was the case, how come this mystery promoter is possibly bringing them over sometime in the future?

I did reserve a ticket so I am allowed to ask before anybody has a go by the way...........................lol

Social source share

What i can't understand is just because LAI arnt now coming ,why the whole event had to be canceled, their must have been enough sales of tickets beforehand to be bringing the Falcon and Ruby over ?surely the whole event didn't evolve in the last 6 weeks around LAI were coming, they were anafter thought after all.and people who bought tickets in the first place like you said was for the reunion or the fact they wonted to see the Falcons or Ruby.

I myself wasn't in the running for the alldayer as we had plans for another venue closer to home that didn't involve a stay overnight in a hotel, but like others when we herd LAI were appearing we booked hotels and made arrangements around it, but them not coming still doesn't add up to why they have canceled the whole thing.

Although they are now not appearing we probs would have still gone to the dayer because we have booked n paid for the hotel, and from the conversations iv had with others who bought tickets to see LAI they said the same at the end of the day we took a chance it didn't come of but at least they wouldn't have been out of pocket.

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

What i can't understand is just because LAI arnt now coming ,why the whole event had to be canceled, their must have been enough sales of tickets beforehand to be bringing the Falcon and Ruby over ?surely the whole event didn't evolve in the last 6 weeks around LAI were coming, they were anafter thought after all.and people who bought tickets in the first place like you said was for the reunion or the fact they wonted to see the Falcons or Ruby.

I myself wasn't in the running for the alldayer as we had plans for another venue closer to home that didn't involve a stay overnight in a hotel, but like others when we herd LAI were appearing we booked hotels and made arrangements around it, but them not coming still doesn't add up to why they have canceled the whole thing.

Although they are now not appearing we probs would have still gone to the dayer because we have booked n paid for the hotel, and from the conversations iv had with others who bought tickets to see LAI they said the same at the end of the day we took a chance it didn't come of but at least they wouldn't have been out of pocket.

I would still go with no LAI the Falcons or Ruby!

Steve J

Social source share

Thats what I'm saying, even though we wasn't going until LAI were mentioned i don't think the whole dayer was about LAI because it was all booked b4 LAI were mentioned 4 weeks ago so how come that they arnt coming has changed the fact that its all been canceled.

There are a few on here said they bought tickets just for reunion so whats changed other than LAI surely Ruby could have still come.

[quote name='SteveJohnston' date='Mar 20 09, 03:27 PM' post='102935

Steve J

Social source share

Thats what I'm saying, even though we wasn't going until LAI were mentioned i don't think the whole dayer was about LAI because it was all booked b4 LAI were mentioned 4 weeks ago so how come that they arnt coming has changed the fact that its all been canceled.

There are a few on here said they bought tickets just for reunion so whats changed other than LAI surely Ruby could have still come.

[quote name='SteveJohnston' date='Mar 20 09, 03:27 PM' post='102935

Steve J

I wouldn't though, I only booked (well asked for addtress for cheque....didn't get round to sending it)...because of Little Anthony and the Falcons. Then The Falcons backed out and now this :)

Social source share

Reg

What I'm saying is long b4 LAI were mentioned,which was only 4 weeks ago, they must have sold enough tickets for the dayer to have the Falcons and Ruby on so even without the Falcon or LAI they could have still carried on with the dayer with maybe just Ruby for those people who were going in the first instance, plus those that had ended up getting tickets to see LAI and paid for hotels B&B etc could have chose to either still go and make a day of it rather than loose money from the hotel or asked for a refund, to tell people that the event had been canceled due to circumstances beyond there control and not because they couldn't pay the Artist's is really taking the easy way out.

The best thing they could have done is held there hands up and say so, I don't think anyone would have given them the hard time they are now getting, because at the end of the day it was a mammoth task for any one to take on in six weeks, even the big boys,but at least people could have still chose to either go or not as was the case beforehand.

Social source share

Just in From work and catching up on this thread :DNo secrets or mysteries I'm affraid.

Early talks with Little Anthony by a promoter in Europe were taking place 3 months ago.

It appears that Tracey and Andy were in contact with another Agent or organisation member via a different route (often happen as several Agents will have them on the books at the same time).

the deal will be (if terms, condirions & riders are met) that there are dates in Europe AND the UK-possibly 3 or 4 including a TV appearence .

As negotiations were underway when T & A anounced the gig in Nottingham (in good faith)

it threw a spanner in the works for the European promoter who naturally wanted to know the ins and outs. The tour he had planned would have been for late Nov. /december 09

You have to make "an offer" to "their people" so say "I'm going to give you $80,000 to sing 5 times in the UK and Europe " and then Negotiations take place on the rest. Many a time the artist themselves are unaware what is being lined up for them.

Little Anthony sang 2 or 3 good Northern songs, but he has a Rock n Roll following over here as well-there are other gigs he can do to spread the cost. A tour like this take MONTHS to organise and contract, work permits passports etc HAVE to be sorted BEFORE you announce the artist appearing.

I have priced LA &I for a large event in N Wales :) once upon a time

I think as a "One off" you need £25,000 to do it :) £15 a ticket with 1,500 people was NEVER going to cover cost. I know people from Liverpool and Lancashire who bought tickets and booked hotels on the strength of LAs apperence in Notts.

My advice to Tracey and Andy would have been ,run the DAYER as Mandy planned, its a "no brainer" for you-- DJs only. If you sold enough tickets get a UK based act in to perform as a bonus ! Learn from the event and move on up.

I have had a vey curt PM from Tracey and Andy upset at my postings. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You are obviously reading the thread SO WHY DON'T/DIDN"T you answer peoples questions in the first place and be honest ? You would have gained more respect and live to fight another day !

Promotion is all about taking a gamble (that takes time AND money), MONEY upfront as well investing in your event and letting people enjoy their hard earned cash dancing and listening to the music they love

The statement issued was like a politicians answer to a question , it blamed someone / something else "Cancellation" of the event , not "sorry to let you down, we did not have enough/ raise enough cash to pay Little Anthony"- its as simple as that

Now under negotiations again I hope :D

Whos the 2 unkown people Dawn ? is This T & A ? if so the rug hasn't been pulled away they meerly tripped over it and dug a deep hole when they announced LA six weeks ago.

Finally I'm off here untill sunday so don't think I'm hiding :D

Rob Wigley

Edited by Karen and Rob Wigley
Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Dave thats a bit harsh :)

I thought Dean made some valid points ...and whats up with Kev H ??? :D

Whats up with KevH :)

:D:D:D

Read my signature :D

Social source share

Thank you

Dave me owd mucker.......you don't get off that easily,no sireeee.....

Firstly, not sure if Dean's post was sh*t,but if it was,its proper shit,none of yer re-issued stuff.I agree with Dean.

Thirdly,watch out for my little wand mate,i can make yer eyes water.

Oh Secondly,.....nice to cross keyboards again Dave,and with all due respect.......................Boll8cks. :)

Social source share

Reg

What I'm saying is long b4 LAI were mentioned,which was only 4 weeks ago, they must have sold enough tickets for the dayer

I have had an email from the promoters about returning my tickets

They say in the email

That the event has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales

Build it and they will come

or maybe not

Social source share

as one of the d.j's who where down to guest at the palias my advise would be to leave it for now there's to much bad feeling from certain quater's , and a new promoter or promoter's arrange another for a future date i for one would still want it to happen all be it later in the year these things take months of planning i would be willing to d.j for anyone else and also advise on who else to book . now is not the time there needs to be a cooling down period :lol:

Social source share

can anybody tell me when the decision to cancel this dayer was made and released??, Rob, when did you receive the email from LA+I agents advising the cancellation??, just woundered as i saw Tk Trandy at Preststyn selling tickets and that was eerrm... 6 days ago, this must have been a really quick decision to cancel coz this time last week everything was going great guns...or so they told us?????!!!!!, curiouser and curiouser :lol:

Social source share

Guest nubes

can anybody tell me when the decision to cancel this dayer was made and released??, Rob, when did you receive the email from LA+I agents advising the cancellation??, just woundered as i saw Tk Trandy at Preststyn selling tickets and that was eerrm... 6 days ago, this must have been a really quick decision to cancel coz this time last week everything was going great guns...or so they told us?????!!!!!, curiouser and curiouser :lol:

Why not get in touch with Tracey and Andy direct then??..i am sure they will explain everything to ya...I thought that their post to say why was quite clear...Delxx

Social source share

Guest madkev

i pm,ed andy to see if i could help in anyway, no responce , but others have had a response, andy and tracey, this is a small scene and here is a couple of things i would like to ask , 1, if all this has been going on since last week , why were you still selling tickets only a week ago, 2, why have you been sending threatening pm,s to folk who only wanted answers to whats happening when they had bought tickets to said do ,3, with all the talk and hype before the event , why all of a sudden have you both gone deaf or blind to the said postings, surely to god you dont think you can hide forever, all you had to do was be straight with everyone from when it first started going tits up, then things would have been better for you, that im sure of, i think folks are getting pissed off with so called promoters, who will remain nameless , still thinking they can get away with murder, they carnt, just fess up and be straight and folk will respect you more, kev

Social source share

Why not get in touch with Tracey and Andy direct then??..i am sure they will explain everything to ya...I thought that their post to say why was quite clear...Delxx
It is with great disappointment and regret that we have had to take the decision to announce the cancellation of "The Northern Soul & Motown" All-dayer featuring "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" & "RUBY ANDREWS" Scheduled for "Monday 13th April 2009" due to circumstances beyond our control... We would also like to add that this was in no way related to any form of breakdown between ourselves & the aforementioned artistes...

The non appearance is a result of the cancellation of the event...

how does there post make it quite clear, i think its quite clear that they havent told the truth,as Robs post shows and i think people should be able to ask them perfectly reasonable questions on here an expect an ans, i dont think there is anything wrong in that.

Id like to know what circumstances they were as well

Social source share

Guest nubes

It is with great disappointment and regret that we have had to take the decision to announce the cancellation of "The Northern Soul & Motown" All-dayer featuring "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" & "RUBY ANDREWS" Scheduled for "Monday 13th April 2009" due to circumstances beyond our control... We would also like to add that this was in no way related to any form of breakdown between ourselves & the aforementioned artistes...

The non appearance is a result of the cancellation of the event...

how does there post make it quite clear, i think its quite clear that they havent told the truth,as Robs post shows and i think people should be able to ask them perfectly reasonable questions on here an expect an ans, i dont think there is anything wrong in that.

Id like to know what circumstances they were as well

Once again...why not get in touch with them and ask them.....Delxxx

Social source share

Once again...why not get in touch with them and ask them.....Delxxx

Who are you, their spokesperson? manager? whats up have they lost the use of there fingers?. Listen we are out of pocket and i think we have a right to know what the circumstances are and i dont think its wrong to expect them to come on here and explain themselves because the questions i was asking 4 weeks ago wasnt far wrong was they ..............

Social source share

Guest nubes
Who are you, their spokesperson? manager? whats up have they lost the use of there fingers?. Listen we are out of pocket and i think we have a right to know what the circumstances are and i dont think its wrong to expect them to come on here and explain themselves because the questions i was asking 4 weeks ago wasnt far wrong was they ..............
Social source share

I have to agree with everything Rob and Karen have said. I'm, lucky, or unlucky depending on your view, to have had insider information on this event from the moment it was mentioned on the forum. Can I just confirm what Rob has said: the event was cancelled by the promoters and not by the Palais. Clarence, Eric and Anthony had little or no contact with the promoters other than constantly being promised a 50% deposit on the gig. I speak to Anthony on a fairly regular basis and he had concerns from the start. Eric, who posted on this forums was a little more forgiving. Days passed and still no deposit was received. ever the sceptic, I still sent a cheque hoping the gig would come off but I knew deep down from the artists response that it wouldn't.

Again, as Rob has made clear, the statistics don't add up. The charge of LAI alone did not equate to a £15 ticket price with 1500 people through the door. Any promoter (and I'm not one) would also aim to make money for unexpected costs at least, not just to break even. Aiming to break even = losing money.

I could go on but I won't. All I hope is that those who have paid money get a full refund as far as the gig goes. Hotels, flights and time booked off work will be lost. Hopefully this will be a lesson to any other budding promoter. Leave it to those with experience and, believe me, even they can suffer problems, losses etc. Little Anthony and the guys will come to the UK but it will be at an event which can fulfill their requests, funding etc.

What would be appreciated by most on this forum is an honest account of what went wrong from the promoters, not just a pre-programmed apology which is not the truth.

Social source share

Guest nubes

No I am not..i am just saying ..when they are ready ..I am sure they will explain it all....give it time eh...and for the record ..i am just an ordinary soulie like yourself okay...Delx

Social source share

Guest aaaaa

when it was first announced that LAI were playing live i was gutted as im in las vegas over the easter break. but now its not happening, sorry to upset anybody but :lol:

Social source share

Guest madkev

i have just spoken with the management at the palias and was informed the event was cancelled today, if this is the case then im sure the dayer could have carried on regardless, they asked me to point out that they are in no way responsable for refunds as this was a private hire, kev

Social source share

Guest Mart B

I have had a email from the promoters ensuring refunds,its ashame it didnt take off "but"personally.If it was kept to a dj only reunion dayer it could have happened but with the politics"still"on the Northern scene the promoters thought maybe not :ohmy: .The palais has changed beyond all recognition,, beautys only skin deep springs to mind.

The heyday of the palais all dayers plus the occasional niter was 1975-1979 also not forgeting the weekly monday nothern nite in the bali hi room. That revolving dance floor has put many good dancers to shame :D .The palais was the wigan casino of the midlands in its day :rolleyes: ,the tunes are still there but sadly the original format venue is not,i suppose it would be like walking into wigan casino "not there anymore" and the whole internal of the place has been ripped apart :D .

Social source share

Guest madkev

places change with the times , thats a fact , but saying that there is still a lot of folk which would have still gone , even before the falcons/ little anthony fiasco, it should of been just dj,s and in hindsight there is an old saying, learn to walk before you run, shame it hasnt gone ahead kev

Social source share

places change with the times , thats a fact , but saying that there is still a lot of folk which would have still gone , even before the falcons/ little anthony fiasco, it should of been just dj,s and in hindsight there is an old saying, learn to walk before you run, shame it hasnt gone ahead kev

LOOK GUY'S SORRY BUT I STARTED THIS THREAD TO FIND OUT WHETHER THERE ARE ENOUGH GENUINE SOULIES WHO WANT THE EVENT TO GO AHEAD, NOT TO START ALL THE ARGUMENTS ABOUT WHO'S RIGHT AND WHO'S WRONG. WHAT'S GONE IS GONE, WE CAN'T CHANGE THAT ANY MORE THAN TRACY AND ANDY CAN SO LET'S JUST FIND OUT HOW MANY FOLK WANT IT, THEN THE ORGANISERS MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE AT RESCUING IT FOR THE SAKE OF THE SCENE. AFTER ALL, WE ARE ALL SOUL BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE WE NOT ??? I HAVE FLIGHTS BOOKED AND PAID FOR FROM AUSTRALIA FOR MYSELF AND MY WIFE, AS I WAS ASKED TO GUEST DEEJAY ON THE DAY. AM I ASKING FOR A REFUND ? NO. LET'S JUST GET THE SHOW ON THE ROAD. I WILL EMAIL THE ORGANISERS WITH A PLEA TO CARRY THE EVENT THROUGH. Thanks for the response, Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F. Forever !!

Social source share

Personally if the alldayer was back on (which i very much doubt will happen)

I wouldnt bother

I was attracted by LA being announced and even with LAs cancellation i still would of turned up to an alldayer

but

Now i have cancelled my hotel with the booking fee gone for good

cancelled the in laws who were coming to watch the kids whilst i went down to nottingham

and have to arse about,sending tickets back for my money back.

Im sure a fair few people who were going wouldnt bother now

with an its on, then its off, then its on again vibe

Social source share

Guest soulfullbabe

i have just spoken with the management at the palias and was informed the event was cancelled today, if this is the case then im sure the dayer could have carried on regardless, they asked me to point out that they are in no way responsable for refunds as this was a private hire, kev

And quite right they are Oceana told me the same thing. One thing i am going to say is that Tracey sold me my tickets and by rights it should be herself that refunds me. When they were having problems with the falcons and Ruby Andrews that should of been enough to tell them enough is enough if they were ready to take on such an event shouldnt they have at least swallowed their pride and thought that the better chance would of been to at least carry on with the dayer there was some great djs listed and they wouldnt be in the mess that they are in now. God knows how your going to do it Andy and Tracey but you need to answer peoples questions and be honest as no one else can answer for you. Diane

Social source share

Sadly the event has been cancelled but how many true soulies out there would want it to still go ahead even without the live artists ?? C'mon guy's there ain't much else happening that Monday. I'm on my way from OZ despite the bad news. No snidey replies please to a legitimate question. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Hi Tony

Mistake about ain't much else happening that Monday, Forest Town Welfare as been on a Bank Holiday Monday for the Last Five Years I saw you there once with Red Pants If I can recall!! But any way if you would like to do a deck to deck with yours truly on our Anniversary 11: till 12:30ish it gives you something to do and I don't think you'll be disappointed pal.

My Best regards to the organisers and sorry

Dennis "n" Ann

post-1166-1237618237_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dendog
Social source share

Hi Tony

Mistake about ain't much else happening that Monday, Forest Town Welfare as been on a Bank Holiday Monday for the Last Five Years I saw you there once with Red Pants If I can recall!! But any way if you would like to do a deck to deck with yours truly on our Anniversary 11: till 12:30ish it gives you something to do and I don't think you'll be disappointed pal.

Dennis "n" Ann

Opportunism will win the day. post-1535-1237621119.gif

Social source share

Guest southpaw

I have had a email from the promoters ensuring refunds,its ashame it didnt take off "but"personally.If it was kept to a dj only reunion dayer it could have happened but with the politics"still"on the Northern scene the promoters thought maybe not :ohmy: .The palais has changed beyond all recognition,, beautys only skin deep springs to mind.

The heyday of the palais all dayers plus the occasional niter was 1975-1979 also not forgeting the weekly monday nothern nite in the bali hi room. That revolving dance floor has put many good dancers to shame :D .The palais was the wigan casino of the midlands in its day :rolleyes: ,the tunes are still there but sadly the original format venue is not,i suppose it would be like walking into wigan casino "not there anymore" and the whole internal of the place has been ripped apart :D .

I've emailed them twice about how to obtain a refund no responce as yet

Social source share

You must be sweating.

On two fronts... losing £15 and supporting Forest.

Hiya Dave, spose by the look of the photo you use ( Nobby Stiles i presume ) you are Man Utd fan?? Oh well !! what was the score last week ??? Liverpool 4 ?????????????

Lets keep the humour light even in view of whats happened re this thread. Tony E. OZ.

Social source share

Hiya Dave, spose by the look of the photo you use ( Nobby Stiles i presume ) you are Man Utd fan?? Oh well !! what was the score last week ??? Liverpool 4 ?????????????

Lets keep the humour light even in view of whats happened re this thread. Tony E. OZ.

Couldn't agree more about the humour (is that a word in OZ?)

I am a fan of Nobby more than Man U

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I can't see how this can now happen, you'd need a good few hundred just for the dayer to break even. Is the reunion angle enough to pull in 700 - 800 punters?

Having been one of the regulars at the all dayers from Dec 78 - up to the point where suddenly everyone stopped going and there was only about 150 of us rattling around in there (81?) this event just doesn't hold that nostalgic allure for me and our mob that's attractive to some posters on here.

The reason being is that the Palais isn't a venue in the long distant past for us. We were there for the Soul Nights downstairs in the 80s, Soul Promotions and Guys (Dave Thorley's?) nighters later and a few of KR's nostalgia events in the 90s / 00s. So I'd guess for many, for our mob definitely this dayer doesn't have that nostalgia pull. The reunion tag in fact for me is a bit of a put off to be honest.

What was of interest is when a few Djs like Kitch were put on the rosta and I was deffo going to attend when the Falcons were booked. Once they were canceled I lost interest I'm afraid.

Social source share

Couldn't agree more about the humour (is that a word in OZ?)

I am a fan of Nobby more than Man U

Aussie humour mate ?? Second to none. I'm originally a Derby lad, remember seeing old Nobby at the Baseball Ground many times, great player. Is he still alive bless him ?? How are Derby doing nowaday's?? Should really get foxtel then i could keep up with it all eh ?

Anyway mate stay soulful and no hard feelings as my Son is a Man U fan, he still lives in St. Ives in the U.K. Still looking forward to our trip despite there being no Palais reunion. Tony T bone. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

Can we say it is very sad news to hear the alldayer has been cancelled and our thoughts go out to Tracy and Andy who had the ambitions to put a smashing event like this at the palais but unfortunatly as not come in to fruition, and there is an old saying its better to have tried and failed than not to have tried at all and i bet both of them have had sleepless nights worrying about this event.Both Joy and myself along with Nel and woody have run a event up in yorkshire for the past three years and in our opinion was quite succesfull but it took a hell of a lot of hard work sweat and tears and quite a few scares and scrapes and after promoting our event for 2009 were told we could no longer have the premises for our event after laying out in excess of £700 and quite of a lot of hard work we were devasted but we pulled up our socks got a new venue and now we are back on coarse and im sure tracey and andy will do the same.Without hyjacking the thred i think people have to understand that not everyone are (proffesional promoters)but a group of friends putting a event on to attract like minded people to come and have a good time listen to great music and meet new friends on the soul scene and hopfully cover the costs of the night and i bet there is loads of venues around the country that just scrape through but keep putting their events on because of the love of the scene.Can i just finish by saying please dont be too hard on them they will probally feel a bit gutted at the minute and in need of a bit of support and that is something we have plenty of on the soul scene all the best yocky & Joy

Yes Yocky , if we all get our money back .

Social source share

Hi Tony

Dennis "n" Ann

Dennis

Thats VERY gracious of you considering it clashed with your do

The next question would be do you also have room for a couple of hundred soulies with no where else to go on the bank holiday monday evening?

Unless you then stretch yours to a mini dayer too

Mand :thumbup:

Social source share