Imperial C's On Ebay

NEV

Hi all

one of my consistent all time faves on ebay at mo

Decided to ask seller for his reserve price to save me selling some of my treasures :lol:

He said it's set at $6000 ohmy.gif

Been so long since i saw one for sale but i was shocked to say the least at that price tag.

I know its in good nick but thought issues were the real rarities regarding this record??

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi all

one of my consistent all time faves on ebay at mo

Decided to ask seller for his reserve price to save me selling some of my treasures :lol:

He said it's set at $6000 ohmy.gif

Been so long since i saw one for sale but i was shocked to say the least at that price tag.

I know its in good nick but thought issues were the real rarities regarding this record??

Yes it's Bob [the Count] Ellis using his son's acount. I asked him myself and nearly fell off my chair when I read his reply.....he hasn't got a hope in hell of geting that.....J.M. auctioned a minter last year and only acheived £1800. Where he gets that figure from I don't know.

Phil.

Social source share

Yes it's Bob [the Count] Ellis using his son's acount. I asked him myself and nearly fell off my chair when I read his reply.....he hasn't got a hope in hell of geting that.....J.M. auctioned a minter last year and only acheived £1800. Where he gets that figure from I don't know.

Phil.

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Phil.

Bob Ellis it is and thanx for confirming my thoughts Phil

Doe's he check popsike or even better ,look on here ,i wonder g.gif

Maybe someone should point him in this direction ,although ...he may yet prove us all wrong :lol:

watching you,watching us ,Bob :lol:

p.s by the way Phil ,you enquired just out of interest,im sure whistling.gif

Hi Nev

As has been mentioned on here before Bob likes to put an unrealistic reserve on all of his items and then after the auction has ended he emails ALL bidders trying to get someone to take the item at a price close to his reserve. Have had many conversations with him but he can't grasp the fact that he is asking higher than Manship book price for records that very often are only in VG or VG+ condition.

Get on the bidding list and he will email you but don't expect to get it anywhere near as low as the £1800 John got for his mint copy.

Mark

Social source share

Hi Nev

As has been mentioned on here before Bob likes to put an unrealistic reserve on all of his items and then after the auction has ended he emails ALL bidders trying to get someone to take the item at a price close to his reserve. Have had many conversations with him but he can't grasp the fact that he is asking higher than Manship book price for records that very often are only in VG or VG+ condition.

Get on the bidding list and he will email you but don't expect to get it anywhere near as low as the £1800 John got for his mint copy.

Mark

JUST AS YOU SAID MARK

EMAIL IN THE INBOX 1ST THING TODAY

IVE REDUCED THE RECORD TO $4000 SO IF YOU WANT IT GET BACK TO ME ASAP COS ITS 1ST COME 1ST SERVE AND A FEW ARE KEEN TO TAKE IT :thumbsup:

NOT HIS EXACT WORDS BUT ALONG SAME LINES.

ABOUT £3000 I RECKON ,WAY TOO MUCH FOR MY WALLET :(

Social source share

This seller is a joke, had some dealings with him in the past. His attitude and manner leave a lot to be desired and his grading is unrealistic to say the least.

My advice is to actually make him a realistic offer and he will eventually sell it to you at that price (i have gotten 3 records from him by doing this) but i would also

advise you to be careful dealing with him because he's an absolute wanker!

Social source share

This does tend to turn up on Ebay fairly frequently. And yes - it's usually "Someone Tell Her" with a WDJ label and "I'll Live On" with a yellow issue label (or the other way round?).

I'd say a more realistic price would be £1,800 top whack for a minter, and around £800 for a VG copy. Lovely tune though - certainly sounds much earlier than its supposed September/October 1967 release date.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

This does tend to turn up on Ebay fairly frequently. And yes - it's usually "Someone Tell Her" with a WDJ label and "I'll Live On" with a yellow issue label (or the other way round?).

I'd say a more realistic price would be £1,800 top whack for a minter, and around £800 for a VG copy. Lovely tune though - certainly sounds much earlier than its supposed September/October 1967 release date.

Like I said earlier in the thread, JM only achieved £1800 for a minter last year. So to me thats got to be the max, because John normally gets the best price available.

Phil.

p.s. I got the email too. :ohmy:

Social source share

Like I said earlier in the thread, JM only achieved £1800 for a minter last year. So to me thats got to be the max, because John normally gets the best price available.

Phil.

p.s. I got the email too. laugh.gif

Every one who got the e-mail should reply offering £800 so he gets the idea on price :D .

Mind you one of us may then offer £805 :ohmy::P

Social source share

Phil.

p.s. I got the email too. :ohmy:

the last three thru ebay which are on popsike...

VG+ 13/5/07 2650 USD

G 05/04/07 876 USD !

VG 15/08/06 1325 USD

keeping the 2625 for a vg+ in mind 1800 UKP for a minter seems a "bargain"...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert