Sea Shells On Ebay

Guest Trevski

Guest Trevski

Just followed the link on the front page to Mr Moerer's auction

https://cgi.ebay.com/rare-Northern-Soul-45-...6QQcmdZViewItem

I know there may be a few snipers out there, but I still find it amazing that such a Quality slice of glorious, mid-tempo, female vocal, Detroit Soul, is not a lot higher $$ with one day to go. Especially when piles of much commoner, utter tripe fetch much more!

Anyone with taste, put in that snipe!

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

• Replies 34
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Trevski

God Damm.. keep it quiet.... I fancied me chances on that one..

Oh well its only a record..

Mal :shades:

:rolleyes: Wouldn't have mentioned it mal, if it wasn't in that little box on the top right of the front page, for everyone to see! :D

Social source share

Guest Trevski

is it just me who does not like the e-bay info being shown on the page ?

Nope! I suppose it provides revenue for Mike, to keep S.S. running, but personally I hate ad's of any kind that you can't 'turn off'

Social source share

is it just me who does not like the e-bay info being shown on the page ?

I hate it too - so unnecessary - why? People who dally on the 'bay know where / what to do - I just hate having eBay shoved in my face every day - mind you - I feel the same about all corporates, Starbucks / McDonalds etc etc - all part of a massive global pain in the jacksy...

MRez

Social source share

I hate it too - so unnecessary - why? People who dally on the 'bay know where / what to do - I just hate having eBay shoved in my face every day - mind you - I feel the same about all corporates, Starbucks / McDonalds etc etc - all part of a massive global pain in the jacksy...

MRez

I personally love it.

I can't be bothered setting searches & stuff, and I don't have too much time to browse.

So it's really helpful to see that little box up in the top right. See a title you want, click on the link, pay over the odds for it and hey presto! it's yours.

Quality!

Phil

Social source share

I personally love it.

I can't be bothered setting searches & stuff, and I don't have too much time to browse.

So it's really helpful to see that little box up in the top right. See a title you want, click on the link, pay over the odds for it and hey presto! it's yours.

Quality!

Phil

Ali Bongo - Hey Presto.............remember that?

MRez

Social source share

Guest Trevski

To get back to the Sea Shells... That soundclip sounds a bit sped up, no?

Didn't notice. The one on refosoul is right, I posted it, but what's an rpm here or there?

The one on my last played clip will take you there, if you can't be bothered searching.

With regard to AD's Amazon pi*s me of with their recommendations too! Just because I buy one book, I don't want to be fed a dozen others by the same author, that I Might be interested in :D

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

Guest Trevski

Finished at $430 or £297. About right for a VG grade, Altho from the clip, it sounded better, nearer VG+ ex. I'd recon £350 for a M-

Who got it?

Social source share

Finished at $430 or £297. About right for a VG grade, Altho from the clip, it sounded better, nearer VG+ ex. I'd recon £350 for a M-

Who got it?

if it's only vg then it should be more than £50 cheaper than a minter IMHO. I know most sellers don't use goldmine grading etc but they say a vg record is worht just 25% the value of a near mint one and for a vg+ 50%.

Social source share

if it's only vg then it should be more than £50 cheaper than a minter IMHO. I know most sellers don't use goldmine grading etc but they say a vg record is worht just 25% the value of a near mint one and for a vg+ 50%.

So 2 vg copies of the same record should cost like a vg+ copy? :wicked:

Social source share

well it helped that there were a couple threads here hyping it up plus the ads on the right. i don't understand why people post links to ebay auctions that aren't their own, are they trying to keep up the value of records they own already? it's not like it's doing anyone a favor as drawing a lot of attention to it will just make it not be a deal for anyone.

Social source share

well it helped that there were a couple threads here hyping it up plus the ads on the right. i don't understand why people post links to ebay auctions that aren't their own, are they trying to keep up the value of records they own already? it's not like it's doing anyone a favor as drawing a lot of attention to it will just make it not be a deal for anyone.

Well said Bob :wicked:

Yes inevitibly ,there is that Big ebay ad spoiling it for most of us to bag a rare record for a bargain ,but if it helps pay for our wonderful forum ,then that's fine with me. :lol:

Still ,there's no need for people to keep alerting every man and his dog to potential big ticket bargains.

How about waiting till it finishes and then posting up "some lucky ba****d just won this mega rarity for f**k all :lol:

:lol::D

Edited by NORTHERN NEV
Social source share

Well said Bob :wicked:

Yes inevitibly ,there is that Big ebay ad spoiling it for most of us to bag a rare record for a bargain ,but if it helps pay for our wonderful forum ,then that's fine with me. :lol:

:D:lol:

How does the ad work in selecting what appears on soul source? from what i've seen of it no real bargains in it just the popular stuff most who use ebay will have seen anyway.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Who got it?

from what i gather michael robinson (pomonkey) got it

Social source share

How does the ad work in selecting what appears on soul source? from what i've seen of it no real bargains in it just the popular stuff most who use ebay will have seen anyway.

Shhhh :g:

I was hoping to steal a bargain on that Sandi & the Matues. Hopefully no-one's spotted it yet.

Social source share

i think they definitely draw attention to things that casual ebay users who don't look regularly will have missed.

I'm sort of paranoid about how they work because not everything is keyed off of generic terms like "northern soul", etc. I think maybe ebay uses watch or view statistics to determine what will be popular. I don't want them using what I've watched in my watch items to show other people things...

Social source share

i think they definitely draw attention to things that casual ebay users who don't look regularly will have missed.

I'm sort of paranoid about how they work because not everything is keyed off of generic terms like "northern soul", etc. I think maybe ebay uses watch or view statistics to determine what will be popular. I don't want them using what I've watched in my watch items to show other people things...

you'll have to run with a load of different user id's and several different ISP addresses.... :g:

something like the seashells is never going to slip under the radar though is it ? to well known and add the fact it was moerer selling it.

Social source share

Im no geek Bob but i have a website in my faves that logs the most popular records on ebay and it even tells me how many people are watching those records :D

I can tell you ,right now there are 99 people watching imperial c's and 127 watching second ressurection :thumbsup:

That amounts to either a load of nosey parkers or a lot of snipes waiting to pounce :g:

Social source share

you'll have to run with a load of different user id's and several different ISP addresses.... :D

something like the seashells is never going to slip under the radar though is it ? to well known and add the fact it was moerer selling it.

I've got three I.D's, Dylan.

Works great until you bid against yourself on a high priced piece, as I did a couple of years ago.

Accidentally logged in under a different name to check how an item was going and was shocked to see some anonymous bidder was in front - so I wacked a pile on it!

I ended up being the winning and second bidder on the same item under two different names! :thumbsup:

:g:

:wicked:

Sean

Social source share

Im no geek Bob but i have a website in my faves that logs the most popular records on ebay and it even tells me how many people are watching those records :D

I can tell you ,right now there are 99 people watching imperial c's and 127 watching second ressurection :thumbsup:

That amounts to either a load of nosey parkers or a lot of snipes waiting to pounce :g:

ok, a quick google does reveal websites that reveal popular / watched ebay items. Taking out ads based on them still takes it one level further though. Either way, it's not going away any time soon so no use in me bitching about it.

Social source share

Works great until you bid against yourself on a high priced piece, as I did a couple of years ago.

Accidentally logged in under a different name to check how an item was going and was shocked to see some anonymous bidder was in front - so I wacked a pile on it!

I ended up being the winning and second bidder on the same item under two different names! :D

:thumbsup:

Class :wicked::ohmy: I've bought records whilst drunk before, but thankfully I only have one ID so cannot bid against meself.

Suz

x

Sean

Social source share

I ended up being the winning and second bidder on the same item under two different names! :D

:thumbsup:

Sean

quality.

never mind...

the sites that tell you number of users watching a 45 sound good. Could do with a link to one of those.

but probably a lot of people just watching out of curiosity and a small number of bidders i'd say.

like the matues 45 in my watched items.

Social source share

what would you charge for the same record in vg, vg+ & NM? for the sake of arguement it costs £350 nm/m.

If it's 350£ NM, I'd say 250£ vg+ and 160 vg (IMVHO). Of course it all depends on what we mean for vg, I consider vg a record that can still be played out.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert