Wants

• Replies 25
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I reckon it has always been scarce. Never see it for sale.

Great tune!

Hi Joan

Used to be on the Soul Bowl bulk lists for about a fiver in the early 80s. Wonder how many copies they had? Standard records in 'big' quantities would have been £2.50-£3.00 at the time, so this was probably always comparatively scarce.

Social source share

Hi Joan

Used to be on the Soul Bowl bulk lists for about a fiver in the early 80s. Wonder how many copies they had? Standard records in 'big' quantities would have been £2.50-£3.00 at the time, so this was probably always comparatively scarce.

As was everything. Hindsight is a sickening thing isn't it? :thumbsup:

Social source share

As was everything. Hindsight is a sickening thing isn't it? :shades:

Yeah. I never actually heard it until a Kent compilation a couple of years later. I put in on a wants list but was told they had long gone. The list of stuff from the early Kent albums which they did have and I was able to buy was still pretty mind-boggling knowing what we know now though.

Social source share

Yeah. I never actually heard it until a Kent compilation a couple of years later. I put in on a wants list but was told they had long gone. The list of stuff from the early Kent albums which they did have and I was able to buy was still pretty mind-boggling knowing what we know now though.

I got mine off Rob Mariott. I first heard it off one of his tapes actually.

Was it played at Wigan or anywhere Gareth?

I never went. Far too young. Honest :shades:

Social source share

I got mine off Rob Mariott. I first heard it off one of his tapes actually.

Was it played at Wigan or anywhere Gareth?

I never went. Far too young. Honest :shades:

DEFINATELY PLAYED AT WIGAN

WAZZ

Social source share

I think it predates Wigan Joan (Mecca? IL will know). Was massive enough for a time to have been booted. A good record which will probably get a much longer lease of life as more 'newies' jocks add it to their sets.

Sandy Hadley was a massive Blackpool Mecca spin for Colin Curtis in 1975 & quickly 'booted' on a very convincing imprint. Originals are styrene with 'Bell sound stamp'

Regards Ritchie.

Edited by RitchieAndrew
Social source share

Carl.....

The Summits-Toy soldier..

is this the same as the Dramatics...on CRACKERJACK??

DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS ANOTHER VERSION. ???

or if you mean the dramatics..pete french has one for sale on his site.

£400 i think?

Tiaras-Foolish girl.....AKA BELITA WOODS...COVER UP...CANADIAN ONLY...VERY RARE...

gasher

Edited by GASHER
Social source share

Hi Joan

5 quid records usually 50-100 copies 2/3 quiders 100-500 if they didnt sell soul packed after a year !!

those were the days eh simon !! :lol:

Social source share

I think it predates Wigan Joan (Mecca? IL will know). Was massive enough for a time to have been booted. A good record which will probably get a much longer lease of life as more 'newies' jocks add it to their sets.

I first heard it at Blackpool around 75. Was lucky enough to find one in Moondogs at East Ham a week later. What a shop that was! Don't recall hearing it at Wigan.

Social source share

$652

i was going to win that, doncha just hate it when you are winning for days and days then everyone else decides to join in and gatecrash the party.

a couple of people i asked informed me that it was not worth any more than my bid and as i could not find any more info on it i let it go...it seems to be harder/rarer than some think perhaps?

anyway - Carl if you get offered two - please send the other seller my way; i would really like this

Social source share

Carl.....

The Summits-Toy soldier..

is this the same as the Dramatics...on CRACKERJACK??

DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS ANOTHER VERSION. ???

or if you mean the dramatics..pete french has one for sale on his site.

£400 i think?

Tiaras-Foolish girl.....AKA BELITA WOODS...COVER UP...CANADIAN ONLY...VERY RARE...

gasher

it's not related in any way to the dramatics on crackerjack, different song, and it's a chicago record.

Social source share

Source Advert