• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

underrated record definetly!

BAZ A :D

It's a great double sider. Pure 1966 class :lol:

Same Old Sweet Lovin' is a brilliant track, which would be a top tune out IMVFHO if it was at all rare.

Tri-Sound obviously had faith in it as it came out on 3 pressings (I do too, as I have all three of them laugh.gif ):

• Gold with horizontal lines and Hamilton Park in the address
  • Yellow with horizontal lines and Hamilton Park in the address
  • Yellow without the horizontal lines and the Detroit address without Hamilton Park in it (like a normal Ed Crook without the stars design)

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Same Old Sweet Lovin' is a brilliant track, which would be a top tune out IMVFHO if it was at all rare.

Tri-Sound obviously had faith in it as it came out on 3 pressings (I do too, as I have all three of them :D ):

• Yellow without the horizontal lines and the Detroit address without Hamilton Park in it (like a normal Ed Crook without the stars design)

Cheers

Richard

Nice one Rich, that is cool thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Tri-Sound obviously had faith in it as it came out on 3 pressings (I do too, as I have all three of them laugh.gif ):

Cheers

Richard

Interesting to read this would be a top tune if it was rare so typical of this scene and I'm not having a pop at you Richard just the point you have raised here, I've lost count of the conversations I've had over the years with people on lesser rare records, cheapies call them what you will, often when the value or price question is asked it's funny but some people's eyes simply glaze over and they are not interested unless it's a three or four figure sum, this record is a prime example of quality very much ticking all the boxes, classy double header for one, prime time 1966 Detroit production, why should it make any difference if the record is more common or easy to find, simply means more people can own a copy, it's price or value should not make any difference to the records quality or appeal but for some strange reason it does, records like this and there are many certainly hold their own up against the so called big or top money tunes, also a lot to do with any records acceptance on this scene is of course who's playing it DJ wise, often if the top sheppards latch onto it then the sheep will follow again strange but true, like somehow if x,y,z rates it then it must be good then of course the price rockets and they end up paying far more than if they had perhaps taken note during that conversation in the record bar or mention or review in a magazine or on here even, records should be about the sound, feel, mood, quality and not the price tag, get this into perspective and you can still have so much fun and a hobby and passion which does not break the bank but can get you some oh so fantastic records and this record is just one example of that way of thinking.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Wise words Mark

True collectors collect what they believe is quality music, wether it is being played / highly rated or not. The constant chasing of "big money only" records is a shame for those gripped by it as they miss out on so much good stuff, often before it reaches the high price stage. Price is so very often not an indicator of quality as any real collector understands.

Interesting to read this would be a top tune if it was rare so typical of this scene and I'm not having a pop at you Richard just the point you have raised here, I've lost count of the conversations I've had over the years with people on lesser rare records, cheapies call them what you will, often when the value or price question is asked it's funny but some people's eyes simply glaze over and they are not interested unless it's a three or four figure sum, this record is a prime example of quality very much ticking all the boxes, classy double header for one, prime time 1966 Detroit production, why should it make any difference if the record is more common or easy to find, simply means more people can own a copy, it's price or value should not make any difference to the records quality or appeal but for some strange reason it does, records like this and there are many certainly hold their own up against the so called big or top money tunes, also a lot to do with any records acceptance on this scene is of course who's playing it DJ wise, often if the top sheppards latch onto it then the sheep will follow again strange but true, like somehow if x,y,z rates it then it must be good then of course the price rockets and they end up paying far more than if they had perhaps taken note during that conversation in the record bar or mention or review in a magazine or on here even, records should be about the sound, feel, mood, quality and not the price tag, get this into perspective and you can still have so much fun and a hobby and passion which does not break the bank but can get you some oh so fantastic records and this record is just one example of that way of thinking.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

The gold issue seems to turn up the least, only ever had the one I still have.

Wonder if Ed Crook is lurking out there on Gold????

It's a great double sider. Pure 1966 class thumbsup.gif

Tri-Sound obviously had faith in it as it came out on 3 pressings (I do too, as I have all three of them :rolleyes: ):

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

Agree with all you said Mark - very eloquently put too.

My observation was just that it "would be a top tune out IMVFHO if it was at all rare" - that is the choice of the DJ and punter.

In my place in it is definately tops! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Strange that some copies seem to place that 11825 Hamilton address in Detroit....It's not; it's in Highland Park, which is a doughnut hole of a municipality entirely surrounded by Detroit but is nonetheless an independent entity. (Hamtramck has the same setup.)

My mom owned a small business on Hamilton circa 1969. Those blocks were so devastated in the years to come that you can't even tell there were ever ANY businesses around where hers was, much less the precise location of her shop, the Happy Medium. Sad.

Edited by weingarden
Social source share

Strange that some copies seem to place that 11825 Hamilton address in Detroit....It's not; it's in Highland Park, which is a doughnut hole of a municipality entirely surrounded by Detroit but is nonetheless an independent entity. (Hamtramck has the same setup.)

My mom owned a small business on Hamilton circa 1969. Those blocks were so devastated in the years to come that you can't even tell there were ever ANY businesses around where hers was, much less the precise location of her shop, the Happy Medium. Sad.

what did "the happy medium" sell?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert