• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Can any one tell me how to identify an original

Would be grateful

Could you also advise value of both boot/ reissue or original

Thanks Paul

originals have stamped in H then machine stamped HSJ 101 - A matrix in dead wax boot scratched in .Original £1000 in mannys guide boot whatever someone will pay for it on ebay also booted on soultown,hope this helps

kev

Social source share

originals have stamped in H then machine stamped HSJ 101 - A matrix in dead wax boot scratched in .Original £1000 in mannys guide boot whatever someone will pay for it on ebay also booted on soultown,hope this helps

kev

Not booted on "Soultown" as this is a slightly alt take to the "Soundville" copy,i think these were

done by "Bobby Saunders" trying to cash in again,if you check the run out they have the west coast stamp circle with a line across it just like on "John & The Wierdest-Tie" ect.

Dave f.................

Social source share

Speaking of 'Love can't be modernized'...I kinda like Jimy Graham's version on Revue (a label worthy of its own thread)...a Sir Graham production under the baton of James Carmichael too...anyone else?

:lol:

there is also the new group version on gemini.

i think the trips are the same group as the tripps on victoria, which were frankie karl and the dreams, and not the exits. clearly it's jimmy conwell singing on it, though, I think something funny happened in the studio.

Social source share

i think the trips are the same group as the tripps on victoria, which were frankie karl and the dreams, and not the exits. clearly it's jimmy conwell singing on it, though, I think something funny happened in the studio.

THAT EXPLAINS MANNYS NEW GUIDE SAYING TRIPPS AND HIS BOOTLEG GUIDE SAYING TRIPS WILL CHECK MY SOULTOWN45 FOR THE DESCRIPTION GIVEN ABOVE TOO JUST LOVE THIS SITE

KEV

Social source share

Hi Boba

I reckon the new group are also same as trips

Look at the label scan provided below and judge for yerself

I actually prefer this version to the TRIPS but the flip version of "theres that mountain" is s**te biggrin.gif

post-5460-1237118445_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1237118479_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Hi Boba

I reckon the new group are also same as trips

Look at the label scan provided below and judge for yerself

I actually prefer this version to the TRIPS but the flip version of "theres that mountain" is s**te biggrin.gif

I don't think so. Just because the names of the exits are on the label as producers does not make the group the trips.

Social source share

I don't think so. Just because the names of the exits are on the label as producers does not make the group the trips.

Ok Bob

I concede your probably right ,maybe same production team but honestly thought it was Jimmy Conwell on vocals on both versions g.gif

Still like new group version at this moment in time,more xover feel to it but have to admit

TRIPS was always one of my fave oldies

Slightly off topic here but am i correct in saying Chico Lamarr-what do you think i am ,uses same backing track ??

Social source share

Ok Bob

I concede your probably right ,maybe same production team but honestly thought it was Jimmy Conwell on vocals on both versions g.gif

Still like new group version at this moment in time,more xover feel to it but have to admit

TRIPS was always one of my fave oldies

Slightly off topic here but am i correct in saying Chico Lamarr-what do you think i am ,uses same backing track ??

yes, I think the chico lamarr uses the same backing track. I like the trips better though, wish I owned a copy. Do you think it's jimmy conwell on the new group? It doesn't sound like him to me, i will listen again. Thanks.

Social source share

Speaking of 'Love can't be modernized'...I kinda like Jimy Graham's version on Revue (a label worthy of its own thread)...a Sir Graham production under the baton of James Carmichael too...anyone else?

:thumbsup:

don't know it - but i I like Vince Dena's version on Sundi smile.gif

Edited by Dave Abbott
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert