Mal C

• Replies 40
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Been an age since anybody posted any Aussie Releases up, I collect them, so here's some nice ones!

Enjoy!

Mal.C

Lovely gallery. I take it there are very hard to find because the probably sold by the handful only?

I recently started again to collect german soul 45s and I discover releases that are new to me almost every day. How many 60s/Northern Soul 45s do you think were released down under?

Social source share

That Dusty is a Philips NEW ZEALAND issue ..... trust you're well Mal, you coming back Down Under any time?

Hey how you going, yes I'm looking to return within 5 years, well thats the plan.. I loved living in sydney..

is that a NZ issue, gad damm,the bloke who sold it to me said australian..oh well its still nice. I have tons more I'm gonna post up tonight..

M :lol:

Social source share

Lovely gallery. I take it there are very hard to find because the probably sold by the handful only?

I recently started again to collect german soul 45s and I discover releases that are new to me almost every day. How many 60s/Northern Soul 45s do you think were released down under?

Allot, Frank D and George from sydney are the men to speak to, as they are proabbly the leading collectors..

W&G was a melbourne company that had some fabulous releases, most notibly Donald Jenkins on Courtland!!

as I've said I'll post more up..

m

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Been an age since anybody posted any Aussie Releases up, I collect them, so here's some nice ones!

Enjoy!

Mal.C

There are some lovely records there, I like the odd foreign release.

my Aviator is a South Rhodesian Issue of Marvin Gaye

Picked up this Brazilian Atco 7" 33 1/3rpm cheaply of ebay last week, always intrigues me as to why they would release these records.

post-10426-1236951402_thumb.jpg

Edited by julesp1905
Social source share

There are some lovely records there, I like the odd foreign release.

my Aviator is a South Rhodesian Issue of Marvin Gaye

Picked up this Brazilian Atco 7" 33 1/3rpm cheaply of ebay last week, always intrigues me as to why they would release these records.

The Marvin Gaye looks well smart, especially with the Tri center... there is a chap in Beriut who was selling soul 45's some years ago, I sent USA dollars for some interesteting bits, never heard from him again!! laughs

Australia you can understand, but South Rhodesian???? :thumbsup:

M

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

The Marvin Gaye looks well smart, especially with the Tri center... there is a chap in Beriut who was selling soul 45's some years ago, I sent USA dollars for some interesteting bits, never heard from him again!! laughs

Australia you can understand, but South Rhodesian???? :thumbsup:

M

Thanks, it is very interesting, country of origin is stamped in the run out groove.

have you noticed that these foreign releases always seem to be pressed on heavy weight vinyl, far better than europeon counterparts.

All the best

Jules

Edited by julesp1905
Social source share

Some of the south africa releases are interesting as well!

Has a thread of Non European releases been done before?Obviuosly excluding US & CAnadian releases

We should have a week of each continent Africa / Australasia/South America and Asia releases

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

I've just looked at this again, it says Aus on the label??

M

Most (all?) of the publisher's royalties for New Zealand at this time went through Australia & that is the publisher's royalty mark, not the country of press. Definitely a New Zealand press on the later NZ Philips variation. I collect the New Zealand presses & can try to get some pics up if anyone cares.

Social source share

Postman Just Been. Jackie Wilson. "I,m The One To Do IT. / Higher And Higher. Austalian Coral. Item No. 150329415996. Worked Out In U.K Sterling At £10.55. Made My Day. P.s Ex. Condition And Company Sleeve.

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Nigel Loveless in Perth probably has the best Aussie release collection, Frank Driscoll & George Coumbis, as said, have pretty good rarities, but do they have Larry Santos on Festival?...Hmmm I dunno

KTF

Baz

Allot, Frank D and George from sydney are the men to speak to, as they are proabbly the leading collectors..

W&G was a melbourne company that had some fabulous releases, most notibly Donald Jenkins on Courtland!!

as I've said I'll post more up..

m

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can't see how anything's going to top Jessica James, but here's a few more that have come to light during my ongoing filing trawl:

...hasn't scanned well, but it's Archie Bell & the Drells' "I Love My Baby"

- how come this 70s modern/southern crossover gem got an Aussie issue but not a UK one?????...

plus a reggae classic!:

and a couple of New Zealand issues:

...more to follow as I find 'em!

Social source share

rEPERATApANIC.jpg

Reparata & The Delrons - Panic .......... NZ press.

My first time scanning & uploading. Hopefully a few more to come!

Loving the thread & thought I should contribute what I can.

Lenny

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

IsleyBIGA.jpg

KIKIDEE.jpg

gLADYSnITTY.jpg

3 Tamla Motown promos that some bugger blacked out with marker pen!

Really cool that Australian EMI realised that "Why When Love Is Gone" was worthy of being an 'A' side!!!! :lol:

Social source share

Really cool that Australian EMI realised that "Why When Love Is Gone" was worthy of being an 'A' side!!!! :lol:

Agreed! Funny thing is that the labels are reversed on this one!??

Social source share

I know Frank Driscoll has Larry Santos and Gloria Scott 'Too Much Lovemaking' on Australian 45s as I gave them to him in the late 90s, unless he's sold them of course!

I have a spare Larry Santos on Festival, VG+ condition : 250 UK GBP

and a spare Gloria Scott on Aussie Casablanca 7", EXC condition , small white sticker on the label : 500 UK GBP

Feel free to PM . First in ... gets the goods. Paypal OK.

Hope you're well Ady !

When you coming back down !

Social source share

Does anyone own the HMV Motown releases? I think there are six of them. If anyone has any could they scan them at 300dpi and send them to hitsville2648@earthlink.net please. Free mags on offer as usual.

Also.....(Might as well stick my neck out eh?), has anyone an OZ copy of The Volumes - I Love You b/w Dreams - HMV?

TIA

Best,

Dave

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Just had a quick flick through some motown...will look through everything else at some point.

KTF

Baz

post-1805-1238974468_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974485_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974500_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974515_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974529_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974545_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974558_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974573_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974587_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974601_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974616_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974629_thumb.jpg

post-1805-1238974642_thumb.jpg

Edited by bazabod_downunder
Social source share

I know Frank Driscoll has Larry Santos and Gloria Scott 'Too Much Lovemaking' on Australian 45s as I gave them to him in the late 90s, unless he's sold them of course!

As we said since you wrote this, it was almost a pleasure to give Oz bits to Frank Driscoll - who was such a gem and collected what many (including those born there like myself), were not fussed about. He always gave you a trade equally as good or better, even if you said not to. I was never one for oz releases and thought I had left any I had back at my mums, but found a few whilst digging through my boxes here properly recently.

The golf is on AGAIN tonight :boxing: , so I'm bored enough to type them out (in case anyone is interested in knowing). Apologies if they have already been mentioned. Obviously nothing rare - just odd bits I picked up - and now I guess have sentimental value :

Dusty Spingfield - What's It Gonna Be - (Phillips) - found 2 of these

Since I Found You - Maxine Brown (Phillips)

The Jive Five - Crying Like A Baby (CBS)

5th Dimension - Train, Keep On Movin' (Liberty)

Jackie Wilson - I'm The One To Do It (Coral)

Miss DD Phillips - Hey Little Girl (Festival)

The O'kaysions - Girl Watcher (Stateside)

Jackie Wilson - A Woman, A Lover, A friend (Brunswick)

Wigan's Ovation - Skiing In The Snow (Interfusion) - errr, a joke gift I will turn into a kitchen clock one day!

Natural Four - Can This Be Real (Buddah)

JJ Williams - Love Market (Polydor)

Al Wilson - Now I Know What Love Is (Liberty)

Dee Dee Warwick - Funny How We Change Places (Private Stock) - possibly picked up at yours Ady, if red wine serves me correctly?

The Mirettes - Ain't You Trying To Cross Over (MCA)

Walter Jackson - It's All Over (CBS)

James Walsh Gypsy band - Cuz It's you, Girl (RCA)

Gene Chandler - There Was A Time (Coral)

Linda Jones - What've I Done (To make You Mad) (Warner Bros.)

....you get the gist wink.gif

m

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert