Jackie Edwards Feel So Bad

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very early 70's bootleg.

Somebody mentioned at the weekend that Jackie Edwards did more than one version of this - that he'd got a ska/reggae compilation with said track on. Is it knocking around on 45 Pete??

Social source share

Somebody mentioned at the weekend that Jackie Edwards did more than one version of this - that he'd got a ska/reggae compilation with said track on. Is it knocking around on 45 Pete??

I'm sure the other take was only issued on a French E.P and features a female singer too. It did come out as the flip to the normal take on an Island bootleg fairly recently.

The album is 'Put Your Tears Away' and is on the UK pink Island label.

Social source share

Guest Damien

I'm sure the other take was only issued on a French E.P and features a female singer too. It did come out as the flip to the normal take on an Island bootleg fairly recently.

The album is 'Put Your Tears Away' and is on the UK pink Island label.

Yes French only EP duet version with Joyce Bond

Social source share

Guest Damien

so what do you reckon a french ep with pic sleeve in ex+ is worth!!

max..

Last one I've sold went for 250 in vg condition - becomes really hard to find these days...

4741473785.jpg

Social source share

Guest the dukester

Last one I've sold went for 250 in vg condition - becomes really hard to find these days...

4741473785.jpg

Got this and love this version....best by far !!

Social source share

Guest selectasoul

This along with records on the Greenlight & B.J.D labels were Selectadisc's first bootlegs. I wrote an article on this around 1980 for Steve G's Blackbeat mag.

Social source share

There's no proof that it's Joyce Bond I don't think, I actually started that rumour when I first found it and reviewed it 20 odd years ago, because she was the only other similar British based Island artist at the time it was recorded. Tony Rounce will know.

Social source share

There's no proof that it's Joyce Bond I don't think, I actually started that rumour when I first found it and reviewed it 20 odd years ago, because she was the only other similar British based Island artist at the time it was recorded. Tony Rounce will know.

Jackie duetted a lot with Millie small too, so it could be her?? I think I'd go with Joyce Bond though.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert