Is This Record Played?

George G

• Replies 24
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Is this really a record that's played out? Or that would be played out? Or are the comments just some inside joke?

In case you're wondering, the band is the Mixed Emotions from Ohio. I have a lot more info if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvaNuNHsZc...feature=related

I have never heard it played out and I could never see it getting played out.

Why on earth would it? It's not a soul record.

Social source share

O.M.G.Thats awful :thumbsup:

The record bears elements of The US group The Anglos ......

I am in agreement with the other postees - it should not be played .

Malc Burton

Social source share

Not for me, but I'm sure I've heard worse! unsure.gif

gotta say bout Breadmaker tho, he post's up some fantastic tunes on his Youtube site, some of the crossover ones are mouthwaterin imho

steve

Breadmaker didn't post this up did he?

Wow... I'm surprised. He's usually bang on the money. Excellent taste.

Social source share

Is this really a record that's played out? Or that would be played out? Or are the comments just some inside joke?

In case you're wondering, the band is the Mixed Emotions from Ohio. I have a lot more info if anyone cares.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvvaNuNHsZc...feature=related

i think it's really nice. it's a mild, catchy garage record with a dance beat. obviously it's not SOUL, but that doesn't disqualify it from being northern: cf. "time won't let me," "i'm in love with your daughter," etc....does anyone actually think those are soul records?

Social source share

i think it's really nice. it's a mild, catchy garage record with a dance beat. obviously it's not SOUL, but that doesn't disqualify it from being northern: cf. "time won't let me," "i'm in love with your daughter," etc....does anyone actually think those are soul records?

I like it. Reminds me of the Doors and similar in feel to Surrealistic Pillar 45.

Not Northern though.

ROD

Social source share

Exactly. And to take that a step further, even if you argue it's not Northern sounding and just a nice dancey Garage /Frat 45 - does that automatically make it rubbish?

Social source share

Thanks for the 'voices of reason'. I was rather surprised at the YouTube posting. This is a well known and sought after record to fans of US 60s garage, and I think it's excellent - but certainly never thought to play it as a soul record. Doesn't sound like a 'Mod' spin to me either - I associate 'Mod' records with a more pounding danceable beat.

Again, the song is "My Backdoor" by the Mixed Emotions from Findlay, OH, on JWJ records. First of two 45s they made.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert