Georgie Fame

I think i prefer the backing track on the Georgie Fame version but prefer the vocal on the Billy Stewart version :D

Speaking of Georgie Fame covers, i actually prefer his version of "Sweet Thing" to the Spinners version, will i get my coat? :thumbsup:

Great version of "Sweet thing", though I'd still plump for the Spinners. However, I much prefer Georgie's version of "Point of no return" to Gene McDaniels.

Nick

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

However, I much prefer Georgie's version of "Point of no return" to Gene McDaniels.

Nick

...which Georgie got from Louis Jordan's fantastic version on Tangerine (he even freely admits to nicking the LJ 45 out of sound system operator Count Suckle's record box so that he and the Blue Flames could copy the arrangement...)

Social source share

I've read The Zombies did it on the BBC and it's on their box set Zombie Heaven.

Yes The Zombies version is my absolute favourite! thumbup.gif

The reason is that this is a perfect pop song and that Colin Blundstone has the perfect pop voice!

Unfortunately their version has a very bad sound quality but maybe that just makes it even more charming?

And by the way I saw them the other week.

First time they visited Sweden for 45 years and the first concert I've payed for to go to in almost 10 years.

Edited by B Nilsson
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert