Andreas

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi,

did someone ever see an acetate of this or own it? which format 7", 10" or 12"? which company cut it?

thank you for your help,andreas

guy hennighan used to play it off an acetate (emidisc) at stafford, although it was guy who covered it up & played it he never actually owned a copy of the record, you can find out more about this on dave rimmers web site, where there is an interview with guy, in which, he discusses this subject

www.soulfulkindamusic.net

Social source share

guy hennighan used to play it off an acetate (emidisc) at stafford, although it was guy who covered it up & played it he never actually owned a copy of the record, you can find out more about this on dave rimmers web site, where there is an interview with guy, in which, he discusses this subject

This is true. I did Guy an Emi cos I quite liked the Jackie Day. I did sell him the Terry Goodnight though cos I wasn't keen on the vocal and Little Charles "Talking..." which I got at the same time.

ROD

Social source share

This is true. I did Guy an Emi cos I quite liked the Jackie Day. I did sell him the Terry Goodnight though cos I wasn't keen on the vocal and Little Charles "Talking..." which I got at the same time.

ROD

I remember him playing it at Stafford, he gave it a massive build up before playing it. I'm sure he used to play it a few times a night.

Social source share

this must have been before thew soul police were formed then ? what would they say to such a carry on....

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I remember him playing it at Stafford, he gave it a massive build up before playing it. I'm sure he used to play it a few times a night.

Hope you're well mate? Can you remember him introducing it with the line, "Questions have been asked in Parliament about this record" laugh.gif

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Guest Roger A. Mann

Hope you're well mate? Can you remember him introducing it with the line, "Questions have been asked in Parliament about this record" laugh.gif

I was there and I can't but that's not to say it didn't happen but my memory is shot, wasn't it covered up as Shirley Mathews and the Belles??

Edited by Roger A. Mann
Social source share

thanks alot guys, that helps really. I saw recently a quite known britsh dj playing out the song on a 7" disc with sticked label scan and a no grooves blank flip side with a big center hole. I thought it could probably be an acetate which lost the label and the guy just put a label scan on it to be able to identify it from all his other acetates, but as far as i know is there no emidisc acetate with big center hole available or am i wrong? by the way it also didn´t look at it would have a metal disc under the plastic, because there was no metal to see in the center hole. maybe a test pressing on vinyl/ styrine, but without any paper label and the flip? this theory also seems to be a bit strange to me to be honnest. i´m still a little bit confused, but i think my first thought as i saw it (and some other guys too) was right.

Social source share

wait a moment! ......isn´t emidisc a british factory? or is there also an american company with that name available? was there a british issue of naughty boy pressed at this same time, which label?

wacko.gif totally confused again

Edited by Andreas
Social source share

wait a moment! ......isn´t emidisc a british factory? or is there also an american company with that name available? was there a british issue of naughty boy pressed at this same time, which label?

wacko.gif totally confused again

emidiscs as far as I know are just boots pressed up in UK don't think it used to cost that much to get them done in 70s / 80s.

Social source share

thanks alot guys, that helps really. I saw recently a quite known britsh dj playing out the song on a 7" disc with sticked label scan and a no grooves blank flip side with a big center hole. I thought it could probably be an acetate which lost the label and the guy just put a label scan on it to be able to identify it from all his other acetates, but as far as i know is there no emidisc acetate with big center hole available or am i wrong? by the way it also didn´t look at it would have a metal disc under the plastic, because there was no metal to see in the center hole. maybe a test pressing on vinyl/ styrine, but without any paper label and the flip? this theory also seems to be a bit strange to me to be honnest. i´m still a little bit confused, but i think my first thought as i saw it (and some other guys too) was right.

Sounds like a carver to me, Andreas!

Sean

Social source share

Why didn't you asked that DJ? And what's even more important, who was he? wicked.gif

Social source share

Andreas, this is a missunderstanding, it was not Naughty Boy played it was this one, unreleased jackie day track, discussed on here several times before:

- Ginger's plugging a top dancer very much in the same vein as "Naughty Boy" and alleged to have been recorded during the same session. My mate reckons it could even be the same backing track but I don't think so.

Think its called "Get To Steppin" -

Ady Croasdell in another thread - It was Get To Steppin, an unissued track with virtually the same intro to Naughty Boy and defo a cross between that and before it's too late; -

In another thread about Midleton - Ginger (that unreleased Jackie Day is brill!),-

So to set things straight, it was not Naughty Boy played, it was the unreleased GET TO STEPPIN on a carver wih phelectron sticker on beeing played, sounding similar to naughty boy (wich was not played at all during the night)

best christian punky

Social source share

Hope you're well mate? Can you remember him introducing it with the line, "Questions have been asked in Parliament about this record" :)

I'm fine mate, I remember a lot more about those times than others as I wasn't taking stuff ph34r.gif

It was funny though, it was like being in a political party.

Don't forget that we were only about 19 when we first went, great days :lol:

Social source share

Guest uroffal

I'm fine mate, I remember a lot more about those times than others as I wasn't taking stuff :thumbup:

It was funny though, it was like being in a political party.

Don't forget that we were only about 19 when we first went, great days :lol:

Glad to hear it and likewise :lol: except my memory seems to be shot to pieces anyway :lol:

Indeed we were only teenagers, I think I value those times more and more as the years go by though. Not sure I appreciated it as much then as I do now. The best of days.

Social source share

Andreas, this is a missunderstanding, it was not Naughty Boy played it was this one, unreleased jackie day track, discussed on here several times before:

- Ginger's plugging a top dancer very much in the same vein as "Naughty Boy" and alleged to have been recorded during the same session. My mate reckons it could even be the same backing track but I don't think so.

Ady Croasdell in another thread - It was Get To Steppin, an unissued track with virtually the same intro to Naughty Boy and defo a cross between that and before it's too late; -

In another thread about Midleton - Ginger (that unreleased Jackie Day is brill!),-

So to set things straight, it was not Naughty Boy played, it was the unreleased GET TO STEPPIN on a carver wih phelectron sticker on beeing played, sounding similar to naughty boy (wich was not played at all during the night)

best christian punky

I thought it was recorded at the same session as her Modern stuff (Before It's Too Late) not Naughty Boy? If so why use a Phelectron label?

Social source share

best christian punky

Hi Christian, thanks for clearing that. I was so sure that I heard Naughty Boy. However, now I can sleep again the whole night through :yes: and not to forget I learned important things in that thread about Emidisc, because a friend of mine has an Emidisc ace......... but that´s another story laugh.gif

Social source share

Glad to hear it and likewise ph34r.gif except my memory seems to be shot to pieces anyway :yes:

Indeed we were only teenagers, I think I value those times more and more as the years go by though. Not sure I appreciated it as much then as I do now. The best of days.

How times have changed, I had lunch with Guy & Keb last Sunday before Guy left to go traveling to Burma, I didn't see myself doing that back then!!

Think Guy first played "Naughty Boy" in Scotland by the way.

Social source share

How times have changed, I had lunch with Guy & Keb last Sunday before Guy left to go traveling to Burma, I didn't see myself doing that back then!!

Think Guy first played "Naughty Boy" in Scotland by the way.

Guy told me the first time he played it at stafford he had spun it a soul night earlier in the evening, by the time he got to Stafford word had travelled down there that he had played this unbeliveable track and people were all desperate to hear it

Social source share

Guest uroffal

Doubt any of you would've had the appetite on a Sunday in those days :lol:

Edited by uroffal
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert