What's Happened To The Day's

Guest Officer Dibble

Guest Officer Dibble

So what's happened to the day's when the soul scene was a warm friendly affair. as of late the scene seems to have become more disjointed people slagging venues and promoters people slagging each other . at one time the scene was united it was all about the music and having a good time , a warm friendly scene which welcomed people with open arms , not now youngsters are ridiculed and anyone and everyone seems to be a target for the scene's backstabbers . so whats your thoughts on this?

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Kinda surprised by the amount of negativity on here sometimes myself but as i live across the pond, i am merely on the outside looking in

so don't really know anybody that posts on here so don't really understand a lot of it to be honest g.gif .

In Ireland the numbers are obviously a LOT smaller so the scale of negativity is obviously a lot smaller but it still goes on.

It's just the nature of the beast i guess that some people are never happy unless they're moaning about something.

As for the feeling of Togetherness, that still exists over here because of the afore mentioned smaller numbers and the appreciation of the fact

that we actually have somewhere to go once a month to hear and dance to this beautiful music.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

So what's happened to the day's when the soul scene was a warm friendly affair. as of late the scene seems to have become more disjointed people slagging venues and promoters people slagging each other . at one time the scene was united it was all about the music and having a good time , a warm friendly scene which welcomed people with open arms , not now youngsters are ridiculed and anyone and everyone seems to be a target for the scene's backstabbers . so whats your thoughts on this?

My thoughts are you're wrong.

It's warm and friendly and a good laugh every single time i go out. Yes there are people who don't get on but they stay away from each other. You're maybe going to the wrong places mate. Come along to our do at Move On on the 27th for a warm friendly night out (with cracking music)

As for the warm friendly scene of the past laugh.gif when was that then? At Wigan when dudes would roll you for your gear and cash, or at Stafford when newcomers were mercifully ripped to pieces over their lack of knowledge? It was much harsher and harder to survive than it is now we're all a bit more grown up (well some of us). Stevie's right, there has always been the good and bad (like life really).

All these doom and gloom threads about the scene really get on my nerves actually. It makes you wonder if any of these people ever go out anywhere?

Social source share

whistling.gif

My thoughts are you're wrong.

It's warm and friendly and a good laugh every single time i go out. Yes there are people who don't get on but they stay away from each other. You're maybe going to the wrong places mate. Come along to our do at Move On on the 27th for a warm friendly night out (with cracking music)

As for the warm friendly scene of the past :lol: when was that then? At Wigan when dudes would roll you for your gear and cash, or at Stafford when newcomers were mercifully ripped to pieces over their lack of knowledge? It was much harsher and harder to survive than it is now we're all a bit more grown up (well some of us). Stevie's right, there has always been the good and bad (like life really).

All these doom and gloom threads about the scene really get on my nerves actually. It makes you wonder if any of these people ever go out anywhere?

Definitely more friendly now than it used to be. I used to go to some rum places in the 80s and a night didn't go by that often without some kind of incident usually involving being threatened by some agressive person ( usually a woman). You don't see anything like that now that much to be fair. probably because we're all a lot older and more mature.... :lol::yes:

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Agree with Reg the scene now is a lot more freindly. As for the back stabbing and snipeing that has always gone on and always will unfortunately sad.gif . But as Matt Male said it is very unusual to come across any type of bad vibes at the soul nights themselves, more likely to be aired on here or other forums.

As for the slagging of between venues and the people who run them it s usually down to one too many opening in an area already awash with soul nights, which will only result in the demise of one or more, and non of the promoters/dj's want that to happen to them.

Social source share

Which events do you attend? Let us know so we can avoid them.

Social source share

It's better now than it's ever been.

Now we are all middle aged pie eater with nothing more on our mind other than having a great night out listening to some rare soul music, yup you will always get the village idiot but they stand out like a sore thumb and people do not tolerate violent or anti social behavior now days.

I can remember the air of malice and real foreboding sinister looks one got when traveling to a venue many years ago with youthful egos fueled by bravado and there where some really evil people out there connected with the drug scene.

Remember the fighting between rival genres such as punks and bikers? Of course not as wide spread as one hears, but there where places and times that being a "Soulie" was not hassle free

Now days seams a lot better organised, less dick heads and no one wanting to fight you because of your accent or cloths. You will always get the "head the balls", and the odd "Did you call my pint a puff" but at 40 odd most big hitters are heart attack fodder now days.

267a43f6480a52be516ba5a4cf5536d6.jpg

Social source share

I think the nighter scene is more friendly now,and also we are older and wiser,and more confidant now,you get the odd dick head,but Ive found they soon disappear off the scene again.

But us Derbyshire folk are well known for our friendliness. :thumbsup:

and yes we can rattle on(Talk) alnight long biggrin.gif

Kev :huh:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert