What's The Best Unissued Track Ever Discovered?

• Replies 159
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

It was..had this on tape, slowed it back down when I put it on the PC and identical...we/ce discussed and compared on here before.

link

I'm positive it's not the same. Obviously this is running much slower but I swear it's different.

Social source share

Anybody know what or who this one is??  Great break in the middle by the way.

link

I've got this somewhere Pete on tape or cd with a name to it. Whether it's right or not dunno. Where it is dunno either :thumbsup: everythings upside down here at the minute wink.gif

Social source share

I'm positive it's not the same.  Obviously this is running much slower but I swear it's different.

link

Sure there are a few takes of the track on the masters. Ady will confirm or I'll ask Gilly.

Got a recording of one original studio acetate with a couple of instrumental takes and one is a bit faster...stops part way through though :thumbsup:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I've got this somewhere Pete on tape or cd with a name to it.  Whether it's right or not dunno.  Where it is dunno either  :thumbsup:   everythings upside down here at the minute  wink.gif

link

I've put it on a few cd's with names on it mate, bet it turns out to be one of those..I think it's Wanda Andrews or sommat like that

Social source share

Look At Me Now - Carl Carlton (Same as Terry Callier)

Ego Levine played it from an acetate on the Dick Searling show some years ago

link

That is a fake mate, it's just had the pitch changed, I know this for a fact because I recreated it myself and I'm pretty sure I posted it up here about 2 months ago. Just need a program called "the amazing slow downer" and you can speed up the vocal while the backing track stays the original speed.

Social source share

That is a fake mate, it's just had the pitch changed, I know this for a fact because I recreated it myself and I'm pretty sure I posted it up here about 2 months ago.  Just need a program called "the amazing slow downer" and you can speed up the vocal while  the backing track stays the original speed.

link

Sneaky eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be Henri Camara's agent behind this one.

Social source share

Good thread this :thumbsup: got me digging a few old cd's out - I've got one with a tremendous unissued Motown track on called I think, Til The End Of Time and it begins like no other Northern record I've heard, it's like a freight trains coming, that intro is one of the best 20 nseconds of music I've ever heard...then unfortunately it goes into a bit of a midtempo plodder, but worth hearing just for the start

Social source share

Guest Karen Heath

You Ain't Got A Chance - awesome - wonder who it is?

link

Love love love both this and Standing in the need-in my top ten (or twenty or thirty!)

I have both of these on a favourite old tape that I recorded at Shotts in the late 80's with Butch and Rob Marriot on the decks. Fantastic.

Social source share

Temptones - Thats When You Know Your In Love......Chewn  :thumbsup:

link

Now this title sounds like the tune that Butch used to play circa 1989 onwards and the one I was trying to locate on another thread a while back..........so......

Anyone got a sound file thumbsup.gif

God I hope so cos this track is on one of my tapes and its hauntingly good...................anyone? :ohmy:

Social source share

This one doesn't really count as I did it as an experiment which almost but not quite worked - instrumental version of Timi Yuro - It'll Never...but I couldn't adjust it enough to remove the voice completely, however in some parts you do get to hear an absolutely beautiful string arrangement better than you can on the record

Social source share

Guest Byrney

That's great :thumbsup:   Never heard it before. It's instant isn't it thumbsup.gif

link

Too right it is, although not the best sound quality it always knocks me side wards when she sings "so I tell you baby" and the band kicks back in.

Class

Social source share

Too right it is, although not the best sound quality it always knocks me side wards when she sings "so I tell you baby" and the band kicks back in.

Class

link

I've got a better one if you want me to post it up - that one was from a cd I did in the 90's, then I bought Rob Marriott's acetate off Mickey & Jodie and it was much better quality

Social source share

Guest Byrney

I've got a better one if you want me to post it up - that one was from a cd I did in the 90's, then I bought Rob Marriott's acetate off Mickey & Jodie and it was much better quality

link

Be good if you could Pete

Cheers

Social source share

This one doesn't really count as I did it as an experiment which almost but not quite worked - instrumental version of Timi Yuro - It'll Never...but I couldn't adjust it enough to remove the voice completely, however in some parts you do get to hear an absolutely beautiful string arrangement better than you can on the record

link

Feck me! it's the new Simon Soussan :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

Feck me! it's the new Simon Soussan :thumbsup:

Godz

link

You mock me, but one of those that I did, I gave a few cd's away to people and incredibly one ended up on that Funk Bros bootleg cd! Gladys Knight inst it was. Done on a pc karaoke program.

Social source share

You mock me, but one of those that I did, I gave a few cd's away to people and incredibly one ended up on that Funk Bros bootleg cd!  Gladys Knight inst it was.  Done on a pc karaoke program.

link

Jibing pete - not mocking.

You know that me and Chalky go nuts for a good soulful instrumental :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

This is a tough choice because there have been some awesome previously unissued gems played over the last 30 years or so, I was thinking about "Suspicion", "Some day the sun will shine" and second best of all "The magic touch"...but the best of the lot has to be one of the first wave of unissued things Popcorn Wylie gave to John Anderson:

BETTY BOO - SAY IT ISN'T SO

what a f*cking record, never fully appreciated at the time and released to early.  An absolute gem.

link

Baby a Go Go?

Social source share

I can't believe no-one's mentioned Martha Jean Love's 'Old Time Lover'! In my top five, together with

San Franciscan TKO's - Make Up Your Mind

Luther Ingram - Baby Don't You Weep

Inspirations - Gotta Find A New Love

Ben E King - Gettin' To Me.

Social source share

I can't believe no-one's mentioned Martha Jean Love's 'Old Time Lover'! In my top five, together with

San Franciscan TKO's - Make Up Your Mind

Luther Ingram - Baby Don't You Weep

Inspirations - Gotta Find A New Love

Ben E King - Gettin' To Me.

link

Yeah forgot all about the Luther track. Top notch. I wonder if that's widely known though?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert