Who Goes? You Decide

Guest outonthefloor

Make sure YOU love the music that you play and that you RESPECT the dj's that you book and allow them to do their thing. Thats how a venue develops personality. Otherwise you have a bunch of boxed in punters asking for the same old same old and (unlike back in the day) getting no exposure to great tunes that they dont yet know. Consequently becoming a nostalgia crowd who forget that they once danced to stuff they didn't know........and enjoyed it! :thumbsup:
Absolutely Paul, unfortunately the NE suffers massively from this and we are rife with nostalgic venues.

Kev

Social source share

• Replies 55
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm in the camp that says a dj should be both a leader and a follower. My stock rule for djing is if you don't clear the floor at least 3 times during your set you're boring and playing it too safe BUT you've got to be able to bring 'em back when you want to. A dj should F*** with people's minds a bit and also massage their temples with some choice goodies. An empty floor for more than 20 mins is incompetence (IMHO) - someone unwilling or, even worse unable to control the crowd.

Intelligent djs (unfortunately not enough around) should play to the ears, mind, heart and feet. Good djs scan the room for what they should play, what goodies the punters need to hear and what they can get away with.

And before you ask, yes I'll still be clearing floors with me Latin for quite a few years before I decide I'm flogging a dead horse. Actually some of the most popular spins at Boogaloo on Sat night were the Latin tunes. So there. :huh:

Warren, we look forward to a Masterclass of the Boogaloo Mantra as stated above on July 11th at Capone's :thumbsup:

Taff

Social source share

Guest soulmanherts

Well all i can say is this...I HAD A GREAT NIGHT & DANCED MY ASS OFF I met up with some old mates and met some new ones too. At the end off the day for me is Enjoy some great music, laugh, and just have fun. As the old saying goes (and a Nine Below Zero song too) "YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...... biggrin.gif:(

Rob

Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

Well all i can say is this...I HAD A GREAT NIGHT & DANCED MY ASS OFF I met up with some old mates and met some new ones too. At the end off the day for me is Enjoy some great music, laugh, and just have fun. As the old saying goes (and a Nine Below Zero song too) "YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...... biggrin.gif:(

Rob

Not sure if this answers my question but Im Glad you enjoyed yourself Rob ...you do know how to party!!!!!

xx

Social source share

Guest soulmanherts

Not sure if this answers my question but Im Glad you enjoyed yourself Rob ...you do know how to party!!!!!

xx

well i think i did....."You cant please all the people all the time".

Social source share

Well all i can say is this...I HAD A GREAT NIGHT & DANCED MY ASS OFF I met up with some old mates and met some new ones too. At the end off the day for me is Enjoy some great music, laugh, and just have fun. As the old saying goes (and a Nine Below Zero song too) "YOU CANT PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME...... :shades::D

Rob

Think Rob meant this for Events Lookback section, as I presume he was commenting re our South Essex Soul Club do at Capones, on Saturday night, which he attended g.gif

Mind, Rob always has a good time wherever he goes :ohmy: and never really heard him complain about the music.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert