An Ebay Classic Seller

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You Don't know where your interest lies by Five and a Penny played at Centrl hotel saturday night.

link

How sad is that? Lincolnshire's answer to soul music....

I think there was actually one by Simon & Garfcukal 'emselves - t'was a bit of a stomper - maybe Pete S can help us here? I thought Evison played it between "Paint it black" Sitars shite and Lou Christie's "Lightning strikes" - bang ouch that hurt! :wicked:

Social source share

I think there was actually one by Simon & Garfcukal 'emselves - t'was a bit of a stomper - maybe Pete S can help us here? I thought Evison played it between "Paint it black" Sitars shite and Lou Christie's "Lightning strikes" - bang ouch that hurt!  :wicked:

link

You mean during one of his better spots ? :wicked:

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Just off to list my NS stomper Annies Song - John Denver on ebay :wicked:   :wicked:

QOF

XX

link

Not as good as the Bramall Lane remix, eh Steve :D

Social source share

Not as good as the Bramall Lane remix, eh Steve  :wicked:

link

Have to agree :D , but of course, thats really a 'tailor made' so can't be counted as being authentic., or, presumably acceptable. :wicked:

Steve

Social source share

I think there was actually one by Simon & Garfcukal 'emselves - t'was a bit of a stomper - maybe Pete S can help us here? I thought Evison played it between "Paint it black" Sitars shite and Lou Christie's "Lightning strikes" - bang ouch that hurt!  :wicked:

link

Probably "Hazy shade of winter"....superb track....in it's own context!

Social source share

Not as good as the Bramall Lane remix, eh Steve  :wicked:

link

Hang on this is an original not some poncy remix or re-issue and I know it's not a boot cos the boot has a mis-print on the label "Angie's Pong".

Can anyone advise me of what I should list as starting price - I thought about 10p, don't want to give it away!!!!

QOF

XX

Social source share

What an absolute banana!

However I think there was a Simon & Garfunkel track played once - Dave Evison possibly? Not this one though.

link

Probably "You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies" - Simon & Garfunkel did release the original of this on US and UK 45s. It was actually written by Paul Simon.

It's quite down in tempo compared to Dana Valery and Five & A Penny, and it's unmistakably Simon and Garfunkel, so how it passed on the scene is a mystery! Bearing all that in mind, maybe there is room for "Bridge Over Troubled Water" to be played as a scorching mid-tempo ballad!

Gene

Social source share

Probably "You Don't Know Where Your Interest Lies" - Simon & Garfunkel did release the original of this on US and UK 45s.  It was actually written by Paul Simon.

It's quite down in tempo compared to Dana Valery and Five & A Penny, and it's unmistakably Simon and Garfunkel, so how it passed on the scene is a mystery! Bearing all that in mind, maybe there is room for "Bridge Over Troubled Water" to be played as a scorching mid-tempo ballad!

Gene

link

I think Steve would have recognised that one Gene :wicked:

Social source share

Hang on this is an original not some poncy remix or re-issue and I know it's not a boot cos the boot has a mis-print on the label "Angie's Pong". 

Can anyone advise me of what I should list as starting price - I thought about 10p, don't want to give it away!!!!

QOF

XX

link

Sorry to disappoint you - it's the "Annie's Song" issues that are the misprints.

The correct title, quite appropriately, WAS "Angie's Pong", which will drop the value of your issue by 50%. If you're going to list it on Ebay, maybe a good idea to use the "Buy It Now" function for 1p.

Contrary to most beliefs, this wasn't John Denver's highest UK hit - "Angie's Pong" was a Number 2!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert