Get Over It

Barry

Baz why not come over to the nighters with your little clutch bag of CD's to dazzle us all with your collection?

Listen mate the Northernsoul scene is a broad church with multi layers, there are place where playing a flash stick of music is acceptable collection or no collection so there is never going to be a precise answer to your argument.

I think every one would agree that if you're out at your local with Trev and Shaz for a couple of Baby Shams and a giggle then yes its ok to whack out your MP3 or Stick or what ever devise you are using to store music on.

If you jump in your car and drive 100 miles to an allnighter and pay good money and invest time, petrol and effort into getting to a venue then it would be taking the fookin piss to see a DJ take from his key ring the music your about to dance to.

I may have sounded a little rude when I asked why not come to the nighters but seriously why not come to the next nighter with me and we can both go and ask the DJ's and dancers their take on CD's played at venues.

PM me and we will make arrangements mate, I'll buy the first beer.

I've not got past your opening volley mate, as you're font is so annoying, so....

Seeing as you think my collection has anything to do with this, I'll put you straight.

If anyone on here thinks that what you have in your box means more than what you have in your heart, then you've missed the point.

Social source share

• Replies 117
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Listen mate the Northernsoul scene is a broad church with multi layers,

Well bugger me!

Is it mate?

there are place where playing a flash stick of music is acceptable collection or no collection so there is never going to be a precise answer to your argument.

Okay, I'm with you....I think.

I think every one would agree that if you're out at your local with Trev and Shaz - and you are above Trev and Shaz are you? Bit derogatory mate if I'm honest...but carry on...for a couple of Baby Shams and a giggle then yes its ok to whack out your MP3 or Stick or what ever devise you are using to store music on.

That last bit was exactly what my thread what my thread was about - but now I know what I'm dealing with....

If you jump in your car and drive 100 miles to an allnighter and pay good money and invest time, petrol and effort into getting to a venue then it would be taking the fookin piss to see a DJ take from his key ring the music your about to dance to.

Why?

Read my posts mate, you need to.

I may have sounded a little rude when I asked why not come to the nighters but seriously why not come to the next nighter with me and we can both go and ask the DJ's and dancers their take on CD's played at venues.

You are a musical baby who still believes that what his mates wants to hear is the right thing.

I hope one day that you will understand this music - this 'MUSIC'- and not what you wish to believe constitutes loving it actually means.

Next!

(Christ, I'm so annoying but brutally honest and correct at the same time)

Don't despair, your time will come mate.

All my love

Barry

Edited by Barry
Social source share

The only reason I edited this post was to highlight a response of mine in red, that I missed.

In fact I had no need to post that, as no doubt it is obvious to the board that at no point have I pulled any punches that I thought at a later date that I am not able to stand up to.

Social source share

If you jump in your car and drive 100 miles to an allnighter and pay good money and invest time, petrol and effort into getting to a venue

Last one.

I used to travel to London on a Thursday with Brian Rae, get dropped off in central London, dick about in the day, stay at Cliff Whites gaff on Thursday - leave Cliffs house, dick about in London on Friday, stay at Cliffs house on Friday, get hoofed out the house on Saturday morning - dick about in London all Saturday, go to Ions do saturday evening, go to Danny's house (bedsit, flop mattress, tailors dummy, basement toilet, no lights), waiting for Brian - who didn't turn up 'til 5.30 am, get an hour in at the 100's Club then wait 'til 1pm for the train home to Warrington....on £18.

Your 100 miles look shit right now don't they?

ha ha

Social source share

Guest soulfulguy

'Mobile DJ'....how do you get the van in the venue?.....do you sell burgers & chips as well?.....& are the chips original chips or fake ones like at maccas?.......as for pissed up punters, come on they have got to be very far & few between unless you're doing weddings, which you probably are.

KTF

Baz

Shame you have to resort to bieng childish if you are a dj then you would make it easier for yourself all the time there is never going to be a answer to this debate and you can wear your vinyl out if you want ,i know how to keep the dancefloor full and it doesnt rely on what format you use its the music and if you play the right tracks and the floors full then what the hell ,im happy and like i said before i dont really care! As long as the soul scene thrives thats ok with me .

Social source share

Shame you have to resort to bieng childish if you are a dj then you would make it easier for yourself all the time there is never going to be a answer to this debate and you can wear your vinyl out if you want ,i know how to keep the dancefloor full and it doesnt rely on what format you use its the music and if you play the right tracks and the floors full then what the hell ,im happy and like i said before i dont really care! As long as the soul scene thrives thats ok with me .

Respect !!

Most mobile DJs I've seen keep the dance floor full with the Birdie Song........but who cares as long as the floor's full ?

Social source share

Respect !!

Most mobile DJs I've seen keep the dance floor full with the Birdie Song........but who cares as long as the floor's full ?

hahah I was at a wedding in Bolton last year , the mobile jock got the floor going with Frank Wilson and Edwin Star " Contact " :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

Childish...moi?...never.....but one thing I do know, this scene was built on rare vinyl.....NOT cd's, cassettes, mini discs, ipods, memory sticks...rah,rah,rah.

I'm sure you do keep the dance floor full, any numpty could with a box full of cd's.

Keep it pure...keep it real.

KTF

Baz

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you do keep the dance floor full, any numpty could with a box full of cd's.

Bazza, that statement makes no sense at all - At all!

By your view, it seems to me that the person that fits your 'numpty' term, would be one that knows a great deal about Northern Soul and also one that, given a blank cheque book (a cd player that is - same thing), has the knowledge to fill a floor with his choices.

It seems I see myself of the 'Numpty' School.

As, by your own admission, 'Non-Numpty's must just have loads of spare cash and lttle else.

Your views?

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

No....you're missing the point, can you just imagine let's say...Ginger Taylor being booked for an event, walks in with his rarest of rare, grabs himself a pint, settles down for a few before his set to hear the majority of his current playlist being banged out by somebody with a fist full of CD's......now I know this thread was initially asking the question about what next after the eventual demise of vinyl, but I'm sorry I'm a firm believer in the purity of the music, as it was laid down, I don't want to hear re-vamped, remixed, all bells & whistles...it's meant to sound as if it was recorded in your Aunt Bessie's outside lavvy.

As I said anyone can fill a dance floor with a fist full of CD's.....it doesn't make a good DJ....they are cheats & they are cheating their paying patrons....yeah sure play CD's but perhaps the remixed ones from Ian Levine.....then it might be acceptable as they getting what they paid for.....not the real original deal.

KTF

Baz

Bazza, that statement makes no sense at all - At all!

By your view, it seems to me that the person that fits your 'numpty' term, would be one that knows a great deal about Northern Soul and also one that, given a blank cheque book (a cd player that is - same thing), has the knowledge to fill a floor with his choices.

It seems I see myself of the 'Numpty' School.

As, by your own admission, 'Non-Numpty's must just have loads of spare cash and lttle else.

Your views?

Social source share

No....you're missing the point, can you just imagine let's say...Ginger Taylor being booked for an event, walks in with his rarest of rare, grabs himself a pint, settles down for a few before his set to hear the majority of his current playlist being banged out by somebody with a fist full of CD's......now I know this thread was initially asking the question about what next after the eventual demise of vinyl, but I'm sorry I'm a firm believer in the purity of the music, as it was laid down, I don't want to hear re-vamped, remixed, all bells & whistles...it's meant to sound as if it was recorded in your Aunt Bessie's outside lavvy.

As I said anyone can fill a dance floor with a fist full of CD's.....it doesn't make a good DJ....they are cheats & they are cheating their paying patrons....yeah sure play CD's but perhaps the remixed ones from Ian Levine.....then it might be acceptable as they getting what they paid for.....not the real original deal.

KTF

Baz

But Bazza, they are not.

They have all the knowledge of the big guns, but not the wallet.

Now you can argue that major DJ's have more 'Soul' as they spend more - but in reality they haven't - it is an earner for them - and that earner deems they spend more.

It's a job and people invest in their work.

You will never tell me that one mans view of Northern is of less value than anothers, simply for the fact that he has not the means to buy big money records.

That is un-arguable.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert