Get Over It

Barry

Guest maria

I do hope your not suggesting that I'm not cultured?

I have culture commin out of my arse!

Would I suggest that? as a southerner no, I can see you like poetry as well.

Social source share

• Replies 117
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With a strict OVO policy then of course Steve G shouldn't play carvers but if he is featuring lesser known stuff then it's entirely up to him how he presents it to the crowd.

Im guessing he's shelling out quite a bit of cash for these 45s and would not want to risk them on dodgy equipment.

ROD

Hey Rod want to keep this in perspective since my name is featuring - the only carvers I have are acetates, the originals of which I am definately NOT playing out on most promotors crappy equipment (my choice and those that don't like it can get over themselves :thumbup:), and 2 old cover ups which I had burnt onto a 7" carver, one of which is no longer a cover up.....really done to give me some exclusivity on a couple of expensive tunes and to keep the wolves at bay for a while (I couldn't be bothered with paper and sellotape :lol: Other than that it's OVO for northern and CDs of new releases all the way from me.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Hey Rod want to keep this in perspective since my name is featuring - the only carvers I have are acetates, the originals of which I am definately NOT playing out on most promotors crappy equipment (my choice and those that don't like it can get over themselves :thumbup:), and 2 old cover ups which I had burnt onto a 7" carver, one of which is no longer a cover up.....really done to give me some exclusivity on a couple of expensive tunes and to keep the wolves at bay for a while (I couldn't be bothered with paper and sellotape :lol: Other than that it's OVO for northern and CDs of new releases all the way from me.

So your saying you have just one coverup now Steve ? :lol:

Social source share

OVO. Credibilty and the great deilight in playing the flip on OV and finding an equally good if not better tune than the one you bought it for.

Kev

A lot to be said for that Kev. :lol::thumbup:

Johnny Mae Matthews-Two sided Thing-Big Hit

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Hey Rod want to keep this in perspective since my name is featuring - the only carvers I have are acetates, the originals of which I am definately NOT playing out on most promotors crappy equipment (my choice and those that don't like it can get over themselves :thumbup: ), and 2 old cover ups which I had burnt onto a 7" carver, one of which is no longer a cover up.....really done to give me some exclusivity on a couple of expensive tunes and to keep the wolves at bay for a while (I couldn't be bothered with paper and sellotape :lol: Other than that it's OVO for northern and CDs of new releases all the way from me.

I understood your rationale and was attempting to save your fast fading reputation against the strict implementation of the OVO policy as envisaged by Paul.

And re.c/u's, yes I believe Bobby Goldsboro was uncovered quite a while back.

What's wrong with sellotape and scissors? In this age of web-based design and 1.09mmm 45s I just feel the magic is disappearing!!

ROD

Social source share

Guest kev such

Should someone DJ with copies, carvers etc then their job is infinatley easier than a DJ who has a box of OVO with them to do a spot with if they are on later. Chances are that 60 to 70% of better known tunes have already been played by the time the later guys come on. Unless of course you are Mr Chapman, Mr Fortnum, Hammie etc... and any one if the guys on the scene with immeasurably better collections (than myself anyway). What im sort of trying to say is would a DJ with copies etc... play a £10 or below tune that they hadnt heard played to a full floor at a venue they had visited knowing that they may not get a standing ovation for it, or would they bite the bullet, play the tune and think "I think its great lets see what the crowd think"? Or would they do a set of guaranteed sure fire floor packers that everybody knows and dances to, that the DJ has on £5 or so boots carvers etc.... If the answer is "No they wouldnt risk it as they may not get a pat on the back when the set is over", then they should give up the carvers, boots etc... and just play CDs. But if they would risk it then its OVO all the way.

Kev (dont do modern) Such.

Edited by kev such
Social source share

Should someone DJ with copies, carvers etc then their job is infinatley easier than a DJ who has a box of OVO with them to do a spot with if they are on later. Chances are that 60 to 70% of better known tunes have already been played by the time the later guys come on. Unless of course you are Mr Chapman, Mr Fortnum, Hammie etc... and any one if the guys on the scene with immeasurably better collections (than myself anyway). What im sort of trying to say is would a DJ with copies etc... play a £10 or below tune that they hadnt heard played to a full floor at a venue they had visited knowing that they may not get a standing ovation for it, or would they bite the bullet, play the tune and think "I think its great lets see what the crowd think"? Or would they do a set of guaranteed sure fire floor packers that everybody knows and dances to, that the DJ has on £5 or so boots carvers etc.... If the answer is "No they wouldnt risk it as they may not get a pat on the back when the set is over", then they should give up the carvers, boots etc... and just play CDs. But if they would risk it then its OVO all the way.

Me i like to risk it.

after reading this post at least 3 times ithink i know what your tryin to say kev :lol:

theres note wrong with riskin it , its nice to hear some underplayed stuff :thumbup:

Edited by Nidge1
Social source share

Me i like to risk it.

huh.gif

Social source share

I understood your rationale and was attempting to save your fast fading reputation against the strict implementation of the OVO policy as envisaged by Paul.

What's wrong with sellotape and scissors? In this age of web-based design and 1.09mmm 45s I just feel the magic is disappearing!!

ROD

laugh.gif Bobby goldsboro indeed.......it was a 70s thing Rod......If you want to know what's wrong with sellotape you should see my old colpy of "Whiskey talking" the label is seriously burgered at this point where Soul Sam whoever had it covered used the wrong type of tape........anyway thanks for the support. wink.gif:yes:

Social source share

I'm not sure if the question was too big for some of you to answer, but I must say the replies on the whole (apart from the positive ones, but I would say that wouldn't I?) were poor.

Keep at it lads.

To be candid with you Barry, this is just OVO versus Non OVO Version 14. It's all been done to death before, and there will never be agreement on it. That is why most of the posts are light hearted "banter".

Social source share

Hi everyone :lol: just to let you all know , that I DONT CARE :ohmy: i go out to have fun , and 9 times out of ten i cant remember who was dj'in let alone what they played and what on :thumbsup: just thought i'd tell ya , now anyone want a cuppa ??

Social source share

Guest oldsoulgitcomes

Yes this topic has been done so many times before, but i still thought i'd stick my two-pene'th in.

When i first started loving this music 40yrs ago the only way you could play it was vinyl, to cue up a cassette was impossible, but times change! You will always have the purists, the collectors who, as with any form of collecting, want the 'original' the 'earliest' or 'the rareist' but your average person, punter whatever you call them just wants to 'hear' the tune.

Rare doesn't always make for good somethimes!! At the start the majority & i include me in that, just wanted to hear the latest good tune, we craved it almost. Yes we bought it when we could, but we don't all have the passion the collectors have, we have it for the MUSIC, like the old saying "it's whats IN the groove that counts' Yes i know "groove' will constitute vinyl to the die hards but to me it means the tune.

Lets face it none of us are getting any younger so maybe if we want this 'scene' to continue when we've popped this mortal coil we should become a little more open minded or it could be 'the end is neigh'

I agree boots, fakes or carvers are wrong even if their of a track only avaliable on cd, buying the cd isn't illeagal you know. Personaly i think we should 'wake up & smell the coffee' stop the discusion & all learn to co-exist respecting each others point of view else we get more fragmentation & a lot of people will miss out on some great music.

There you go had my rant! tin hat & stab vest are ready!!!

Off to my bit for Comic Relief Altough i don't think w**king into a copy of the Beano will constitute :thumbsup:

The Git

Social source share

There seems to be two different types of collector/dj on the scene today .

A) A collector/dj that will get excited by a dj playing an original copy of Frank Wilson ( purchased for £15k)

b ) A collector who gets feverish about Butch playing the Parliaments ( purchased for £80 )

Maybe the difference between these two mind sets, would make a worthwhile discussion ?

:rolleyes:ph34r.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Listen.

I'm about to PM Pikeys Dog about his response, as it is the first time anyone has bitten to the extent of calling me a c*nt.

The last thing on my mind when I pose these annoyances (to some anyhow) is that when I do I position myself into such a bad place that a good Soulie, that I no doubt Pikey is, feels that he has to call me a c*nt on a public forum.

Now Pikey, mate, I must apologise for worming myself into a position whereby you felt the need to give it the big 'un.

I mean that, honestly but next time you feel the need, just PM me and call a c*** to my fingers.

PM for you.

Social source share

Hi everyone biggrin.gif just to let you all know , that I DONT CARE :D i go out to have fun , and 9 times out of ten i cant remember who was dj'in let alone what they played and what on laugh.gif just thought i'd tell ya , now anyone want a cuppa ??

Going out to have fun? Is that allowed? Do the "Soul Police" know that people like you exist ? Think you may have got away with it just this once - I believe the Vinyl Constabulary are all attending a seminar this weekend discussing whether the measuring of run-out grooves should be metric or imperial !! :lol:

Social source share

Going out to have fun? Is that allowed? Do the "Soul Police" know that people like you exist ? Think you may have got away with it just this once - I believe the Vinyl Constabulary are all attending a seminar this weekend discussing whether the measuring of run-out grooves should be metric or imperial !! :lol:

surly if its US original vinyl its imperial

UK pre '71 will also be imperial, post '71 it will be metric

alan :P

laugh.gif:Dlaugh.gif

Social source share

surly if its US original vinyl its imperial

UK pre '71 will also be imperial, post '71 it will be metric

alan wink.gif

:lol:laugh.gif:D

Not forgetting of course the torque settings for the needle weight on their prized 45s - is it in inch pounds or newton metres ? or is it just bollox to that if it jumps just blu-tack a 2p coin to the pick up arm. :P

Social source share

Not forgetting of course the torque settings for the needle weight on their prized 45s - is it in inch pounds or newton metres ? or is it just bollox to that if it jumps just blu-tack a 2p coin to the pick up arm. :rolleyes:

2p, i say 2p no.gif

surly, its a shilling pre '71, and 5p post '71

and OVO nights, etiquette would require the use of a US dime, possibly 5 cents

alan

Social source share

Listen.

I'm about to PM Pikeys Dog about his response, as it is the first time anyone has bitten to the extent of calling me a c*nt.

The last thing on my mind when I pose these annoyances (to some anyhow) is that when I do I position myself into such a bad place that a good Soulie, that I no doubt Pikey is, feels that he has to call me a c*nt on a public forum.

Now Pikey, mate, I must apologise for worming myself into a position whereby you felt the need to give it the big 'un.

I mean that, honestly but next time you feel the need, just PM me and call a c*** to my fingers.

PM for you.

Just read your personal message and responded, before reading this tirade.

As per my response, it was meant in a jokey way, and since you seemed genuinely upset I apologised and offered a retraction.

However, by this response you've shown that Shiraz and late night typing don't mix.

Your not a silly cnut.

Your a silly arsehole.

Social source share

ROD

Too bloody right Rod.

Just had this terrible image of everybody sat round with boxes full of records all armed with digital verniers comparing thicknesses of records.

Just to put this into some perspective your thumbnail is about 1mm thick so now divide it by 100 & you'll realise just how mad this really is.

Social source share

Too bloody right Rod.

Just had this terrible image of everybody sat round with boxes full of records all armed with digital verniers comparing thicknesses of records.

Just to put this into some perspective your thumbnail is about 1mm thick so now divide it by 100 & you'll realise just how mad this really is.

Digital Verniers?????????? What's up with a genuine 1960s Moore & Wright 0"-!" Micrometer (batteries not an option). :thumbsup:

Social source share

Hi everyone :D just to let you all know , that I DONT CARE no.gif i go out to have fun , and 9 times out of ten i cant remember who was dj'in let alone what they played and what on :thumbsup: just thought i'd tell ya , now anyone want a cuppa ??

9 times out of ten? was that covered laugh.gif

Social source share

Die playing what you can afford then lads, which could make for a shit night out these days.

Now I understand that will bring responses from the 'quality £5 Soul' boys but those of you who just would like to hear the stuff you can't at nighters, in a bar, will understand.

We all have collections that prove our worth, our devotion to this thing and we all work to a budget - so, where is the downside to playing a track that we will never obtain on a cd to an appreciative crowd?

This kind of mentality is what stops many people from playing Northern out, it stilts NS' progression in some ways.

You can be a millionaire every week down your local bar and enjoy this music fully, with others that enjoy it too for what it is - it's fecking great hip shaking music after all.

How?

By taking your thumb out of your mates arse, and playing cd's.

Don't Keep The Faith - Spread It!

Remember?

Social source share

Guest Bicks

Personally I like vinyl and I also like cd's, but which is better? There's only one way to find out.............

.............FIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Die playing what you can afford then lads, which could make for a shit night out these days.

Now I understand that will bring responses from the 'quality £5 Soul' boys but those of you who just would like to hear the stuff you can't at nighters, in a bar, will understand.

We all have collections that prove our worth, our devotion to this thing and we all work to a budget - so, where is the downside to playing a track that we will never obtain on a cd to an appreciative crowd?

This kind of mentality is what stops many people from playing Northern out, it stilts NS' progression in some ways.

You can be a millionaire every week down your local bar and enjoy this music fully, with others that enjoy it too for what it is - it's fecking great hip shaking music after all.

How?

Remember?

Baz why not come over to the nighters with your little clutch bag of CD's to dazzle us all with your collection?

Listen mate the Northernsoul scene is a broad church with multi layers, there are place where playing a flash stick of music is acceptable collection or no collection so there is never going to be a precise answer to your argument.

I think every one would agree that if you're out at your local with Trev and Shaz for a couple of Baby Shams and a giggle then yes its ok to whack out your MP3 or Stick or what ever devise you are using to store music on.

If you jump in your car and drive 100 miles to an allnighter and pay good money and invest time, petrol and effort into getting to a venue then it would be taking the fookin piss to see a DJ take from his key ring the music your about to dance to.

I may have sounded a little rude when I asked why not come to the nighters but seriously why not come to the next nighter with me and we can both go and ask the DJ's and dancers their take on CD's played at venues.

PM me and we will make arrangements mate, I'll buy the first beer.

Social source share

Guest soulfulguy

You're playing Wham 45s at venues? What's the most popular one "wake me up before you go-go"? :D

Seriously, playing a vinyl record gives a haptic experience you just don't get from CDs. Period.

As mobile dj who has 2 vinyl decks and cd decks ,i prefer to put music onto cd and use cds ,why? cause its easier to carry cds around with all the rest of the kit , also you have less chance of some p*ss*d up plonker leaning over the deck and ruining your precious vinyl , and if you try to carry every northern soul track on vinyl you would need to use the largest mercedes sprinter van you can get to carry it all ,and i aint got one , so unless you yourself have to carry the gear lets get to the point are you at a venue to dance or just to perve over the vinyl ?, rather have good time on dance floor than worry if dj playing tunes off cd or vinyl , Dont know bout you guys ?

Social source share

As mobile dj who has 2 vinyl decks and cd decks ,i prefer to put music onto cd and use cds ,why? cause its easier to carry cds around with all the rest of the kit , also you have less chance of some p*ss*d up plonker leaning over the deck and ruining your precious vinyl , and if you try to carry every northern soul track on vinyl you would need to use the largest mercedes sprinter van you can get to carry it all ,and i aint got one , so unless you yourself have to carry the gear lets get to the point are you at a venue to dance or just to perve over the vinyl ?, rather have good time on dance floor than worry if dj playing tunes off cd or vinyl , Dont know bout you guys ?

:D Excellent post.

Any tips for other would-be mobile DJs who want to play Northern Soul. Soulful weddings perhaps?

Social source share

Hi Soulfulguy,you can only fit about 28 tracks in per hour,say at 2mins.30secs.(the optimum time for us soul snobs :D ).So if you dj on your own for 4 hours......112 vinyl records.

Double it for good measure.....a 200 box should cover it.Get them on the back of a Lambretta.

"Perve" and "worry" mate,,,the by-words of Northern. :huh:

Social source share

Guest soulfulguy

Hi Soulfulguy,you can only fit about 28 tracks in per hour,say at 2mins.30secs.(the optimum time for us soul snobs biggrin.gif ).So if you dj on your own for 4 hours......112 vinyl records.

Double it for good measure.....a 200 box should cover it.Get them on the back of a Lambretta.

"Perve" and "worry" mate,,,the by-words of Northern. :yes:

Reply ok but rather wear cd out than ruin vinyl and dont think could get all the gear on the lambby mate i stick by my ways and keep the vinyl at home were its safe and then i can re record it when i need to. Dont forget mobile djs carry all the gear not just music and cds take less room to transport this topic will never be resolved cause to me at the end of the day if you wanna dance what does it really matter ? like i said before id rather enjoy the night than whinge because the djs not using vinyl, sure you would all agree its the music not the format its played on . And yes i got the vinyl and some rare stuff but i dont give a fig if im using cds at venue if you dont like it go dance somewhere else ! Dont know what all this fuss about really soul people just enjoy keep the faith and keep cool .

Social source share

Very 'Smashey Nicey'......keep up the good work. wink.gif

Social source share

How?

Remember?

GET REAL....for gods sake. CDs actually sound different to vinyl. BUT if you have missed that point in the first place, you will never get it mate. Also, most of my vinyl isnt out on cd? Am I supposed to do a compilation of my non cd vinyl and stick it on at a venue? unsure.gif Guess that would give you time to go to the bar and chat about the latest cd releases. Cant even believe this thread is on here....joke :yes:

Social source share

Cd,s have their place I have a hundered or so NS cd,s I could quite easily set up a soul night and play them but so can anybody and thats the point . Original vinyl has provenance and history and shows that the DJ has put thought and effort into their set .

I enjoy my small CD collection its nothing special , but I love my humble vinyl collection there is nothing pariculaly rare in it but every one of those discs reminds me of people places and good times .

Social source share

ph34r.gif On a holistic/homeopathic energy level kind of perspective, original vinyl collects all the positive energy it has been exposed to!!!! Quite often records which have been loved and handed down from collector, punter, dj... since the early days can then bring that special kind of energy boost to people on and off the dancefloor which can even be measured.

Also records which have just been found in a storage unit have this effect once played again. Its called the energy sponch effect. Due to the fact that the record has not been exposed to all that positive energy exchange between the listener and the record, it somehow finds a way of connecting with the positve energy of the long forgotten artist directly. Therfore the accumulated positive energy level is also very high.

So, OVO ENERGY RULES OK thumbup.gif

Social source share

Guest Bicks

ph34r.gif On a holistic/homeopathic energy level kind of perspective, original vinyl collects all the positive energy it has been exposed to!!!! Quite often records which have been loved and handed down from collector, punter, dj... since the early days can then bring that special kind of energy boost to people on and off the dancefloor which can even be measured.

Also records which have just been found in a storage unit have this effect once played again. Its called the energy sponch effect. Due to the fact that the record has not been exposed to all that positive energy exchange between the listener and the record, it somehow finds a way of connecting with the positve energy of the long forgotten artist directly. Therfore the accumulated positive energy level is also very high.

:D New Age Northern....now there's a new genre. Maybe Chakra Khan will get a few plays.

Social source share

Guest soulfulguy

Dont want to contest that vinyl sounds better for northern soul its just the fact that if you are a dj then carrying around vinyl can be a pain in the back and its ok for the club jocks who have permenant residancy at a nightclub cause you only have to take your music with you but if you are carting all the sound gear and lighting systems ect ect then you would soon change your mind ,and if you record your vinyl onto cd then it will sound like vinyl anyway unless you clean it up whilst recording it , so really i cant see the problem im no snob i really dont mind if a dj plays cd or vinyl ,like i keep on saying we all listen to the same music in the end and it can still be danced to , unless you want to spoil the night for yourself ? Whats the real problem ? We are all soul brothers and sisters we used to go for music why spoil it by letting the fact that the music is coming from a new format ? Dont forget that vinyl slowly degrades and possibly cds will to ,so that bieng the case would you not put your music onto something that is going to save your vinyl collection ?I would and do .plus like i said before you always get the p##s heads that hang over the decks or worse put thier mitts on the deck whilst you got vinyl on it and that does them no good , unless of course you are a pampered dj who operates from a booth then its ok for the vinyl .But lets not argue its the music everyones there for isnt it

Social source share

GET REAL....for gods sake. CDs actually sound different to vinyl. BUT if you have missed that point in the first place, you will never get it mate. Also, most of my vinyl isnt out on cd? Am I supposed to do a compilation of my non cd vinyl and stick it on at a venue? unsure.gif Guess that would give you time to go to the bar and chat about the latest cd releases. Cant even believe this thread is on here....joke laugh.gif

It was made in the 'early hours' Paul so surely he is forgiven :D

Social source share

Dont want to contest that vinyl sounds better for northern soul its just the fact that if you are a dj then carrying around vinyl can be a pain in the back and its ok for the club jocks who have permenant residancy at a nightclub cause you only have to take your music with you but if you are carting all the sound gear and lighting systems ect ect then you would soon change your mind ,and if you record your vinyl onto cd then it will sound like vinyl anyway unless you clean it up whilst recording it , so really i cant see the problem im no snob i really dont mind if a dj plays cd or vinyl ,like i keep on saying we all listen to the same music in the end and it can still be danced to , unless you want to spoil the night for yourself ? Whats the real problem ? We are all soul brothers and sisters we used to go for music why spoil it by letting the fact that the music is coming from a new format ? Dont forget that vinyl slowly degrades and possibly cds will to ,so that bieng the case would you not put your music onto something that is going to save your vinyl collection ?I would and do .plus like i said before you always get the p##s heads that hang over the decks or worse put thier mitts on the deck whilst you got vinyl on it and that does them no good , unless of course you are a pampered dj who operates from a booth then its ok for the vinyl .But lets not argue its the music everyones there for isnt it

Well, I have to carry the equipment.. decks, mixer, projectors, video screen the lot.. move the stage around & clean the whole place afterwards (fecking 2 hours)

and I still love doing it!!

As for ovo:

:yes: I believe that there may be a place (a small bar/ or a country where access/funds are very limited) or a time (starting off) to play reissues, boots ....but I believe that:

The Soul S.cene N.eeds O.riginal P.latters to retain its uniqueness and passion on and off the dancefloor.

If people wouldn't care anymore about original records I believe the interest to find unknown tracks will slowly disappear as well as the passion about collecting them.

(which in a way is responsible for the preservation of music as well as making them available to record on other formats for the wider use)

Well, some people argue about the tradition of this and that on other issues tooooo death and at the same time may think that playing reissues/ boots is ok??!!??

It is bloody part of the tradition of the Northern Scene to aspire to own and play original vinyl full stop!!! thumbup.gif

Also, because of the value of these records to the Northern Soul Scene they are normally kept in good nick and therefore available to future generations for recording purposes as well as for enjoyment.

If records wouldn't have a value (created through the demand) they would be dumped and therefore many recordings would be lost.

If you go to an art gallery full of fakes and you just paid $$ to see them what would you think???

If you go to an art gallery with a lots of wonderful original artwork what would you think???

Or you go to a caf or small bar where for decorative purposes some prints of rare drawings have been used to give the place a nice feel, what would you think??? I think that is fine but..

well, I think there is a new term coming up for the curator/DJ at the art gallery/allnighter...

HE/SHE ain't a DJ anymore he is a :D DECORATOR :D !!!

...and that you have to have money argument is lazy and has been dealt with before.

By the way if you save the £3,516 (The Salvadores) over a peroid of 2 years that is £ 146,5 per month.

Well, you could either get one overplayed oldie or you could get some top notch tunes for an hour set of some great rare & not so rare, unknown, classic and indemant tunes.

one track for : £ 6

one track for: £ 10

five tracks for: £ 20

five tracks for: £ 25

four tracks for: £ 50

one track for: £ 75

ten tracks for: £ 100

one tracks for: £ 250

one track for: £ 350

one track for: £ 1150

Yes you need to have passion!!!! Yes you need a little bit of money but not a million to play a lovely ovo set!!!!!! Yes you need to be a bit mad to pay £3,516 for records instead of spending it on a holiday a car or whatever. But HEY whistling.gif

Peace Brother !!!

Social source share

Guest bazabod_downunder

'Mobile DJ'....how do you get the van in the venue?.....do you sell burgers & chips as well?.....& are the chips original chips or fake ones like at maccas?.......as for pissed up punters, come on they have got to be very far & few between unless you're doing weddings, which you probably are.

KTF

Baz

Edited by bazabod_downunder
Social source share

GET REAL....for gods sake. CDs actually sound different to vinyl. BUT if you have missed that point in the first place, you will never get it mate. Also, most of my vinyl isnt out on cd? Am I supposed to do a compilation of my non cd vinyl and stick it on at a venue? unsure.gif Guess that would give you time to go to the bar and chat about the latest cd releases. Cant even believe this thread is on here....joke :lol:

Are you serious with that bag of plaster of an answer?

You have a lot of growing up to do my friend.

If you think that I don't know the difference between an analogue and a digital sound then you need a rest.

I don't chat about nowt mate.

I'm so pleased that my thread has enabled you to tell the board (sorry, the people you wish to impress) that almost all of your 'collection' isn't on cd - that was a plus for you wasn't it? (Or was it the whole point of your response? Debatable.)

Never heard of putting your vinyl to cd?

DOH!!

That slip up aside, you're talking to me, not some fecking low key imbecile.

How's your kid anyway?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert