Wanted: Charles Sheffield

I'm new to Northern and hunting for the classics.

Charles Sheffield - It's your voodoo working

(always sold or out of stock)

Anthony & the Delsonics - Everytime

(i guess everybody wants this, i haven't seen it for sale yet. has there been re-issues of this 45?)

Superlatives - Still love you

(looking for the original)

Fascinations - Girls are out to get you

help me out, people!

:thumbsup:

Edited by moonpirate
Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

(i guess everybody wants this, i haven't seen it for sale yet. has there been re-issues of this 45?)

help me out, people!

:thumbsup:

link

Hope you got plenty of money

Social source share

help me out, people!

wink.gif

link

Superlatives should cost you 30-40 on blue label 60-70 on yellow label, watch out for the many blue label bootlegs. Fascinations only about 20 quid on original, much more on British Stateside. Charles Sheffield demo must be ultra rare, never seen one myself.

Social source share

Superlatives should cost you 30-40 on blue label 60-70 on yellow label, watch out for the many blue label bootlegs.  Fascinations only about 20 quid on original, much more on British Stateside.  Charles Sheffield demo must be ultra rare, never seen one myself.

link

thats what im thinking pete all the ones that turn up are the horrible looking orange ones i'll try put a pic up

Social source share

Superlatives should cost you 30-40 on blue label 60-70 on yellow label, watch out for the many blue label bootlegs.  Fascinations only about 20 quid on original, much more on British Stateside.  Charles Sheffield demo must be ultra rare, never seen one myself.

link

cHARLES SHEFFIELD ISSUES COME UP QUITE OFTEN, HAVE SOLD 3 IN THE LAST YEAR @ 400

I HAVE A WHITE DEMO MYSELF BUT UNTIL NOW NEVER HEARD OF ANOTHER

OOPS CAP LOCK ON!

Social source share

Sorry Maria, no offence intended!

I (like many others I'm sure) would like one or two bits out of his collection but think it is bad form to pester for a sale.

The comeback comment was meant to be a little tongue in cheek - sorry again!

link

THANKS FOR REPLYING, NO OFFENCE TAKEN,JUST GOT A BIT FED UP WITH PEOPLE TELLING US THAT CARL WILL BE BACK ON THE CIRCUIT. HOPE YOU GET THE 45S YOU WANT, MARIA

Social source share

Didn't you have this in the box at Derby?  Why couldn't you have given me this, instead of my raffle prize?  :lol:

link

nope wasnt in the box then :) think i was in enought of a state to get the records mixed up when we parted :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

Cuts down on people booting it off the Golden Nuggets cd I suppose :D

Hmm - £400 for the original or £12 for a cd, no competition even if it does mean I have to listen to Drizabone.

My collecting days are over I'm afraid!

Social source share

I have a copy of this record, pretty much mint, on the standard orange label. (I found this forum when searching for info about this as someone told me it was worth some money these days.)

excello.jpg

I'm in the USA... as you guys might know, most Americans collectors did not distinguish northern and southern R & B, but what I'm curious about is, why is this recording categorized as Northern soul? Excello is a southern label and I've always assumed that this artist was from the south.

Also, I may be interested in selling my copy of this, if there is a good sounding CD reissue of it I could be happy with that.

Edited by playon
Social source share

YEAH CARL DOES HAVE A WHITE DEMO!!! THE 45S WILL BE SOLD WHEN CARL IS READY TO DO SO, CLEARLY YOU DON'T KNOW HIM WELL IF YOU ARE SUGGESTING, HE LIKE SO MANY OTHERS WILL BE MAKING A COMEBACK. PLEASE DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT SOMETHING YOU NO NOTHING ABOUT!!!! MARIA WILLINGHAM

link

As much as we would like Carl's records on sale, some of us would prefer Carl to be healthy, and up on the decks enjoying himself like the good old days.!

Best wishes Carl and Maria.! :shades:

Social source share

I have a copy of this record, pretty much mint, on the standard orange label.  (I found this forum when searching for info about this as someone told me it was worth some money these days.) 

excello.jpg

I'm in the USA... as you guys might know, most Americans collectors did not distinguish northern and southern R & B, but what I'm curious about is, why is this recording categorized as Northern soul?  Excello is a southern label and I've always assumed that this artist was from the south.

Also, I may be interested in selling my copy of this, if there is a good sounding CD reissue of it I could be happy with that.

link

I just love this guy!!!!! :shades: when is RnB northern soul.......

Social source share

Funny you should mention this side...

I was just in Los Angeles buying records and found a 45 with Sheffield's Voodoo Workin on one side and Clarence Carter's Messin With My Mind on the other. Its on Big C/Ichiban from Atlanta GA. Looks like some 70s/80s repressing but I find it odd...only cost me a dollar so I'm sure its not worth much but I'd be curious as to the story of it...

Social source share

Ichiban is a Japanese reissue label I believe... it would be 80s or probably newer.

Funny you should mention this side...

I was just in Los Angeles buying records and found a 45 with Sheffield's Voodoo Workin on one side and Clarence Carter's Messin With My Mind on the other.  Its on Big C/Ichiban from Atlanta GA.  Looks like some 70s/80s repressing but I find it odd...only cost me a dollar so I'm sure its not worth much but I'd be curious as to the story of it...

link

Social source share

I'd be curious as to the story of it...

link

Actually there's no story at all. It's a cheap reissue, mostly sold out caus of the killer tracks. I would be very happy with it sleep3.gif

Social source share

I can't compete with the prices any longer.. too bad, but I think some good things just need time (like a pizza). I give it 10 years, after that, I give it up...... thank you for putting it on ebay.. may the highest bidder win... :thumbsup:

Social source share

Source Advert