• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

soundfile please??

dont know it

ta gasher

Hi Albert,

I have a copy of this, but it's not for sale. As Joan says it's it's a belter. I don't know any info about it other than it's rare, about £700. I think he also did another track as well. The flip's a nice funky thing also.

Best...Jordi

Social source share

Hello to all!

Any info about: little al and the maxydimes - lonley days of my life - shell records

TIA :rolleyes:

Check out this link to Carolina soul a great site on all things soulful in the Carolinas a very well informed site by Jason Perlmutter this guy knows his stuff and could fill you in on any info on the label and on who Al is etc.

Great record i first heard played by Tim Brown on a Richard searling show many years ago and been after one ever since but now seems a few people our interested and the price is well out of my reach our well such is life.

Hope this helps and check out the spelling

Andy thumbsup.gif

https://www.carolinasoul.org/north.htm

click on S and go down to the shell label, 3 records by them and if you click on the red number 2 you can see the label etc

Edited by Guest
Social source share

The first time I became aware of this record was when Alex Jones sold it to Soul Sam at Lowton a couple of years ago. If my memory serves me correctly it wasn't cheap either. Definitely the high hundreds.

I wonder if he still has it? Have never heard him play it out.

One hell of a tune without doubt.

Nice to see people making use of Jason's site too. Great stuff thumbup.gif

Social source share

The first time I became aware of this record was when Alex Jones sold it to Soul Sam at Lowton a couple of years ago. If my memory serves me correctly it wasn't cheap either. Definitely the high hundreds.

I wonder if he still has it? Have never heard him play it out.

One hell of a tune without doubt.

Nice to see people making use of Jason's site too. Great stuff thumbup.gif

Found this in '92 or thereabouts and sold it to Butch.

No idea how cos I've forgotten details but couple of years later me and Alex I think got a contact #. I know we were in Kannapolis which is southern bit of NC and Al went off to meet him whilst I looked somewhere else. Think we got 2 copies off him.

Al might remember something about him. Pretty sure it was Al that Alex met although not 100% .

ROD

Social source share

had a few listens and it dont do anything for me in the downstairs toilet dept..

not even a stir...mediocre mid tempo at best....and 700 quid??

not for quality must be rarity value...

" I AINT GOING NOWHERE" AS JIMMY REED JUNIOR WOULD SAY..

guess I'll pass on this one..

ITS TOOOO BORING

thanks for the soundfile

GASHER

Social source share

I couldn't see it ever setting a dancefloor alight admittedly but as a piece of soulful music its excellent. One for the session back at your house after an allnighter .....

If Rob Marriott had a pound for every time someone said that to him :huh:

Well I love it! And I for one would certainly dance to it if I heard it out.

There are hundreds of records that are never going to set a dance floor alight. Doesn't stop them getting played though does it :thumbsup:

Would it be so bad for one of those records to actually be an excellent piece of soul music for a change?

Social source share

'Well I love it! And I for one would certainly dance to it if I heard it out.'

Well you'll probably get to so nice one, everybodys a winner. Don't think I said it shouldn't be played??

'Would it be so bad for one of those records to actually be an excellent piece of soul music for a change?'

Think thats exactly what i just said??

Edited by mulf
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert