David Ruffin Fans?

https://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.prod...67-99626310086F

discovered 80 copies of "David," David Ruffin's long-thought sold-out unreleased album with bonus tracks. We have been receiving a steady flow of pleading inquiries about this piece, so we are happy to say that the 80 copies of the 23-track collection will be again available from March 2nd on our site on a first come, first served basis. Sorry, only one to a customer.

I have no vested interest in any sales... just thought it was kinda cool!

Edited by vinyldisc
Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest southpaw

Trouble is, Hip O Select wont deliver to UK :lol: .

Rob H.

:wicked:Without doubt one of the classic albums, anybody know why it was never released?

Edited by southpaw
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Can't argue with that :thumbsup:

...Can - and will. He's not even the greatest Temptations lead singer of all time. The immortal Paul Williams takes, and will always take, that honour...

Sorry George, but on this we must agree to disagree :D:P:P

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

:thumbsup:Without doubt one of the classic albums, anybody know why it was never released?

Probably because he was not selling very many records for Motown at this time, and they didn't think it was strong enough to restore the superstar status he'd enjoyed with the Tempts...

Classic is definitely too strong a word for it, although it's a good album and one I'm glad to own on CD. "Me And Rock 'n' Roll Are Here To Stay", now there was a classic David Ruffin solo album...

Social source share

:thumbsup:Without doubt one of the classic albums, anybody know why it was never released?

It's a mystery, because -for me- it is far superior than the 2 previously recorded. Two singles were released and that's all ! It was his third album.

"And then, in a move that ranks high among the many Motown mysteries, David was never released. The performances, many of them new compositions, are never heard again, not even as filler for future albums. David Ruffin's next solo album was released in 1973, meaning he had four years between official LP releases."

DavidRuffinCover300.jpg

Social source share

Guest selectasoul

Hi,

Just checked it out... cost of CD...$20. Cost of mailing to Canada from the US $48!!!!

Actual cost is less than $2.

Social source share

The greatest male soul singer of all time.

Definately : hearing DR sing sends the hairs up on my neck .

He certainly got the voice in the Ruffin family , something that his brother can only dream of having .........

Malc Burton

" Am tellin' thi - get thi ticket now , or thall be weepin' if tha can't go on t'neet "

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Email today and register for tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come "

ALL PROFITS will go to The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Guest southpaw

Definately : hearing DR sing sends the hairs up on my neck .

He certainly got the voice in the Ruffin family , something that his brother can only dream of having .........

Malc Burton

" Am tellin' thi - get thi ticket now , or thall be weepin' if tha can't go on t'neet "

THE TORCH REUNION - SATURDAY 24TH OCTOBER

Email today and register for tickets or go on line for directions, accomodation, venue photos and ticket hotline

https://dkof.freewebpages.org/Torch%20reunion/home.html

Ticket reservations - burtonmalc@yahoo.co.uk / pauldonnellybp@aol.com

" Build it ( well , sort of ) and they will come "

ALL PROFITS will go to The Douglas Macmillan Hospice and The Stroke Association

For more information about these worthy causes , log onto www.dmhospice.org.uk and www.stroke.org.uk

thumbup.gif:lol:

Social source share

Probably because he was not selling very many records for Motown at this time, and they didn't think it was strong enough to restore the superstar status he'd enjoyed with the Tempts...

Classic is definitely too strong a word for it, although it's a good album and one I'm glad to own on CD. "Me And Rock 'n' Roll Are Here To Stay", now there was a classic David Ruffin solo album...

Yes, which IMHO includes the best version of "Smiling Faces Sometimes".

Kev

Social source share

...Can - and will. He's not even the greatest Temptations lead singer of all time. The immortal Paul Williams takes, and will always take, that honour...

Sorry George, but on this we must agree to disagree :lol:yes.gif:D

Sorry Tone we disagree on this, for sheer range and power Ruffin wins it hands down

Lenny :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert