David And Ruben

Guest deedee72

Guest deedee72

Up for offers is my PROMO copy of this northern soul classic.This is a very clean copy, overall grade a conservative ex.PM with offers or questions

Regards Darryl

Social source share

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest deedee72

No intention at all to hi-jack your sale just curiosity. This David and Ruben is a later re-issue of the Majestics 1965 classic on Linda isn't it?

yeah `69? i think.

Social source share

Guest deedee72

I think the horns are only missing on the warner brothers David & Ruben and not the Rampart copy. :thumbup:

was the rampart contempary to the linda i.e `65?

Social source share

My God! why did they re-issued in 1969 a 1965 record that sold next to nothing in its day in two different labels with two different takes (with and without horns)?

Fascinating! shout.gif

My theory is that the original Linda issue actually sold very well in California upon release in 1965 and remained popular in that region throughout the 60s (or perhaps more likely, the flipside), prompting Rampart (a subsidiary label to Faro Records who also owned the Linda label) to give it a new go in 1969, and when the Rampart release started shifting units Warner Bros showed interest and released it nationally (but edited out the fanfare intro because it perhaps sounded a bit too "dated" in 1969). I might ofcourse be totally wrong, but those are my thoughts about this. :thumbup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Guest deedee72

My theory is that the original Linda issue actually sold very well in California upon release in 1965 and remained popular in that region throughout the 60s (or perhaps more likely, the flipside), prompting Rampart (a subsidiary label to Faro Records who also owned the Linda label) to give it a new go in 1969, and when the Rampart release started shifting units Warner Bros showed interest and released it nationally (but edited out the fanfare intro because it perhaps sounded a bit too "dated" in 1969). I might ofcourse be totally wrong, but those are my thoughts about this. :lol:

The Warner Bros release is Warner Bros/Seven Arts Records, where does Seven Arts come into the story :thumbsup: ?

Social source share

The Warner Bros release is Warner Bros/Seven Arts Records, where does Seven Arts come into the story :thumbsup: ?

According to Wikipedia:

Seven Arts Productions was founded in 1957 by Ray Stark and Eliot Hyman. The company was a frequent producer of movies for other studios, including Lolita for Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, The Misfits for United Artists, and Is Paris Burning for Paramount Pictures. Over time they expanded their involvement in movies from just being producers to becoming equity investors with the studios, partnering with legendary horror film company Hammer Film Productions on many projects, and producing Seven Days in May and Promise Her Anything for release by Paramount; on these productions, they retained ancillary rights that they had surrendered on earlier films.

In 1967 they acquired Jack Warner's controlling interest in Warner Bros. for $95 million and merged with it, becoming Warner Bros.-Seven Arts.

Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert