• Replies 228
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest soul bandit

I'm going to be on hols in Florida. I'm gutted. I would love to see this.

Will it be videod, recorded?

Phil

Hi Phil... Sorry you gonna miss it... We are doing a limited edition double DVD after so no problem... One DVD is gonna be of the whole day & the bonus DVD with it will be of the artists performances on the day... We also doing limited CD's signed by the artists... Feel free to call or E-mail me if you're interested in any or want a bit more information... ALL THE BEST KTF ANDY n TRACEY :)

Social source share

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, SUPERB C/D, BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR , I AINT FALLIN, SUPERB MODERN TUNE, HAS'NT BEEN RELEASED ON VINYL YET, SO GOT IT MADE, PLAYED IT AT EASINGTON WELFARE HALL, A FEW WEEKS AGO, GONNA KEEP PLAYING IT, TILL I GET A FLOOR FULL... ALSO HURT SO BAD, SLOWER VERSION, BUT SO LAID BACK..GOING OUT OF MY HEAD, GOT A VERY LATIN FEEL TO IT, AGAIN SO LAID BACK TUNE.... AGAIN TRACK 10,CARNIVAL VERY LATIN FEEL.. THE WHOLE ALBUM DIFFERENT TO THE EARLY NORTHERN TRACKS THAT EVERY BODY KNOWS.. WELL WORTH CHECKING OUT..MORE SO IF YOU ARE INTO THE MODERN SIDE OF SOUL...

IF YOU NEED ANY FLYERS PUTTING OUT UP HERE IN THE NORTH EAST, PLEASE SEND SOME UP.. PM ME FOR ADDRESS...

EAST COAST SOUL

WELFARE HALL

EASINGTON COLLIERY

COUNTY DURHAM, JUST OFF A19 MOTORWAY

2ND SAT OF EACH MONTH

7.00 THRO' TILL 1AM

https://easingtonsoul.webs.com/

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

wow,Falcons and Little Anthony.This will surely be a packer.

Tracey/Andy,,can you confirm dj line up and times.No-one will want to be on while these 2 giants of soul are performing. :ohmy: .

DJ line up is more or less the same as when we first started the thread.... nevertheless we will post DJ line up and times during the next couple of weeks....

with regards DJ's playing whilst the artists are performing....... we will be closing the other rooms during performances............

and re opening after performances........

Andy n Tracey

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

bit short notice innit?

It is still 6 weeks away. ohmy.gif ........................ plenty of time. :ohmy: ......... mind you..........weve gone grey overnight ????

Andy n Tracey

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW, SUPERB C/D, BOUGHT IT LAST YEAR , I AINT FALLIN, SUPERB MODERN TUNE, HAS'NT BEEN RELEASED ON VINYL YET, SO GOT IT MADE, PLAYED IT AT EASINGTON WELFARE HALL, A FEW WEEKS AGO, GONNA KEEP PLAYING IT, TILL I GET A FLOOR FULL... ALSO HURT SO BAD, SLOWER VERSION, BUT SO LAID BACK..GOING OUT OF MY HEAD, GOT A VERY LATIN FEEL TO IT, AGAIN SO LAID BACK TUNE.... AGAIN TRACK 10,CARNIVAL VERY LATIN FEEL.. THE WHOLE ALBUM DIFFERENT TO THE EARLY NORTHERN TRACKS THAT EVERY BODY KNOWS.. WELL WORTH CHECKING OUT..MORE SO IF YOU ARE INTO THE MODERN SIDE OF SOUL...

IF YOU NEED ANY FLYERS PUTTING OUT UP HERE IN THE NORTH EAST, PLEASE SEND SOME UP.. PM ME FOR ADDRESS...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT..... WE WILL PM YOU FOR DETAILS...............

Andy n Tracey

EAST COAST SOUL

WELFARE HALL

EASINGTON COLLIERY

2ND SAT OF EACH MONTH

7.00 THRO' TILL 1AM

Social source share

Tracey

This is brilliant news, was planning on coming down to see Ruby Andrews, this is a fantastic added bonus.

Come on people get your tickets orders in.............. oops forgot to add 4 tickets for me please, have PMd you.

Phyllis

Edited by philly
Social source share

EAST COAST SOUL

WELFARE HALL

EASINGTON COLLIERY

2ND SAT OF EACH MONTH

7.00 THRO' TILL 1AM

Love that

P :ohmy:

Social source share

Crikey Mrs Boop, you don't do things by halves do ya lass? :no: If I win the lottery tonight I'll buy all the last remaining Palais tickets. :g:

A group with just over 50 years in the business, still an original line up, his voice is still amazing! Palais tickets at £15 a chuck to see The Falcons, Ruby Andrews, with the added bonus of Little Anthony if all the tickets sell....phew, what a day it will be thumbsup.gif

If I'M fortunate enough to come up on the Lotto before the event.. I would very willingly - and without ANY hesitation - cover ANY & ALL costs for this (ALREADY, very, VERY auspicious occassion ANYWAY !! But which shows potential to become one, seriously 'MEGA') promotion !! :ohmy::ohmy:

I would love to be able to do that for my Top Fave couple.. TRANDY.

Two people very, very, special to me. Great (and becoming ever greater) Friends who's enthusiasm is much respected by me.. :g:

What wondrous memories await us, this coming Easter Monday's keenly awaited 'Shindig' (April 13) ??

Can't wait 'till it gets here - 'cos I just KNOW they gonna be NOTHING but EXCELLENT !! and forever greatly treasured !!

:DOops.. I just made yet ANOTHER mess on the floor.. Sorry!! :yes: But I DO get SOOO excited !! :huh::ohmy:

Fingers.. :thumbup:

Edited by FickleFingers
Social source share

If I'M fortunate enough to come up on the Lotto before the event.. I would very willingly - and without ANY hesitation - cover ANY & ALL costs for this (ALREADY, very, VERY auspicious occassion ANYWAY !! But which shows potential to become one, seriously 'MEGA') promotion !! ohmy.gif:lol:

Thats so kind of you Johnny.................. costs are high......... but this event is UNIQUE & a ONE OFF............... and thanks to this thread LAI have been given the list of songs that have been requested.......

I would love to be able to do that for my Top Fave couple.. TRANDY.

Two people very, very, special to me. Great (and becoming ever greater) Friends who's enthusiasm is much respected by me.. :lol:

And you are highly respected by us too.......................... cant wait to DJ alongside you at ANNESLEY this month............. how cool is that.................... we will bring the profiterols........... lol...............

What wondrous memories await us, this coming Easter Monday's keenly awaited 'Shindig' (April 13) ??

we did cancel our wedding for this ............... it has been re booked for next year though.... so johnny you will need your suit afterall............

Can't wait 'till it gets here - 'cos I just KNOW they gonna be NOTHING but EXCELLENT !! and forever greatly treasured !!

We can......... laffin................ soo much to do in between DJ duties this month...................... and yes it definately will be forever greatly treasured..................

rolleyes.gif THE RESPONSE HAS BEEN OVERWHELMING AND REQUEST FOR TICKETS WERE VERY HIGH YESTERDAY....................

BEARING IN MIND THAT WE HAVE ONLY PUT IT ON SS............ MEDIA ADVERTISING IS SCHEDULED FOR TODAY AND THE REST OF THE WEEK AND LEADING UP TO THE EVENT............. IF YOU WANT A TICKET WE THINK THAT YOU HAD BETTER GET IN FAST AS WE ONLY HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT ............

WE WILL POST AN UP TO DATE LIST OF TICKET OUTLETS DURING THE COURSE OF TODAY ....... IN THE MEANTIME OUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS WWW.PALAISEVENT.CO.UK

Palais All Dayer Tickets £15 each - Easter Monday 13th April 2009 - 12:00 Midday until 12:00 Midnight......

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

ohmy.gif UN-F**KINGBELIEVABLE....brought tears to me eyes that clip did....Ive supported this adventure from the start as i knew it was gonna be a great event....now if Tracey and Andy get these on its going to be awsome :D

Used this track for the ender at the Attic for about a year,courtesy of STEVE L.He looks a hard bugger,but when he plays this,it brings him to tears(and the rest of us).

My Dad has just heard the news about Little Anthony.Been on the phone ,had a lump in his throat,a big LA fan.

He may just about be the oldest coming,and he's bringing my Mother (got to be on my best behaviour :yes: ).

So if Jim breaks into tears during "Hurt so bad",then me Dad,then Steve,then me,then MarkP........... wow.

Also The Falcons - got video of my son aged 1 (he's now 18),singing to "Standing on guard",so i'll be blubbing all night. :lol:

Social source share

Used this track for the ender at the Attic for about a year,courtesy of STEVE L.He looks a hard bugger,but when he plays this,it brings him to tears(and the rest of us).

My Dad has just heard the news about Little Anthony.Been on the phone ,had a lump in his throat,a big LA fan.

He may just about be the oldest coming,and he's bringing my Mother (got to be on my best behaviour :yes: ).

So if Jim breaks into tears during "Hurt so bad",then me Dad,then Steve,then me,then MarkP........... wow.

Also The Falcons - got video of my son aged 1 (he's now 18),singing to "Standing on guard",so i'll be blubbing all night. :lol:

:D The band bout wonder whats going on...a bunch of blubbering white blokes in front of um laugh.gif

Edited by JMYTG
Social source share

For all the Scottish Soul-sourcers...... I will be out and about this weekend in Edinburgh with tickets for this brilliant event, so get them while you can, they are gonna go real fast.

Our own Mr Keith Money is over the moon, Quote " I have been waiting to see them since I was 17, this is definately going to be BRILLIANT" it is going to be a 5+ hr drive there and back but well worth it.

So all I can add is if your not fast..... your last.........

You can also order your tickets by email Phyllishorn@yahoo.co.uk

Sooooo excited

Philly

Social source share

For all the Scottish Soul-sourcers...... I will be out and about this weekend in Edinburgh with tickets for this brilliant event, so get them while you can, they are gonna go real fast.

Our own Mr Keith Money is over the moon, Quote " I have been waiting to see them since I was 17, this is definately going to be BRILLIANT" it is going to be a 5+ hr drive there and back but well worth it.

So all I can add is if your not fast..... your last.........

You can also order your tickets by email Phyllishorn@yahoo.co.uk

Sooooo excited

Philly

THANK YOU SO MUCH PHILLY FOR COVERING THE SCOTTISH SIDE ................... YOUR SUPPORT IS REALLY APPRECIATED................

just to reiterate........ Scottish soul sourcers contact phyllishorn@yahoo.co.uk................

Notts and surrounding areas order your tickets by email at palaisevent@live.co.uk and leave your details we will mail you ticket information................

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

:g: UN-F**KINGBELIEVABLE....brought tears to me eyes that clip did....

it did us too.............we dont think its sunk in yet..... :yes:

Ive supported this adventure from the start as i knew it was gonna be a great event

Jim n Di we love you to bits.... we really appreciate the support that you have given us............... remember you kept us going ............

now if Tracey and Andy get these on its going to be awsome :D

:ohmy:Jim they are a definate :lol: ..................... they will be performing Easter Monday 13th April 2009 at Palais All Dayer.......

Tracey n Andy

Edited by Bettyboop
Social source share

I don't have time to worry on AVCO is a killer for me .Best,Eddie

Yes indeed Ed: and the other side "the loneliest house on the hill" is also a killer. So peeps, if you don't know these two on a great 7t's AVCO release - check them out. Supa-cheap 45 !

Banbury Crew suspects will ALL be there for this special event (on par with likes of The Dells, Terry Callier and The Originals ?)

Cheers............. Tom.

Social source share

Yes indeed Ed: and the other side "the loneliest house on the hill" is also a killer. So peeps, if you don't know these two on a great 7t's AVCO release - check them out. Supa-cheap 45 !

Banbury Crew suspects will ALL be there for this special event (on par with likes of The Dells, Terry Callier and The Originals ?)

Cheers............. Tom.

I cant come as i live in OZ but i DO want a copy of the DVD PLEASE :g:

Social source share

Guest krawen

:thumbup:Jim they are a definate :thumbup: ..................... they will be performing Easter Monday 13th April 2009 at Palais All Dayer.......

Tracey n Andy

Can I just say well done to you both for pulling this one off :thumbup:

See you at Annesley.

All the best

Steve B

Social source share

Personally I'd love to hear them do their massively impressive version of Teddy Randezzo's 'You Don't Need a Heart' Truly awesome.

Here's a couple from his Gospel album Daylight from 1980.

post-13983-1236108562_thumb.jpg

The Clips seem to be too big to load into the post but they're in Refosoul library.

Love was made for me.

and

Reach up.

Kev

Edited by Kev Moore
Social source share

Personally I'd love to hear them do their massively impressive version of Teddy Randezzo's 'You Don't Need a Heart' Truly awesome.

posted this on another thread here about who you'd like to see do cover versions, or something like.

would be truly awesome.

steve

Social source share

If you can confirm 100% that L.A are on then 4 tickets will be required.

I actually guested once at the Palis back in '76 after doing St.Ives

100% THEY ARE COMING................

to reserve tickets please EMAIL - PALAISEVENT@LIVE.CO.UK

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

posted this on another thread here about who you'd like to see do cover versions, or something like.

would be truly awesome.

steve

LAI have been passed our requirements so this should be a show to remember........ to include the classics and extra's........... :lol:

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

Are you definite about the 1500 tickets only ...... thanks

1500 tickets fills the ballroom where LAI will be performing............ if it this is a sellout..(1500)........

and judging by the way things are going at the minute they will be sold out by next week.....

we have scope to sell another 1500 to be watched via big screens in two other rooms......

LAI will be holding a greeting session for all with their new CD signing and greeting sessions @£20.... ............advance sales only.................

to reserve meet and greet or tickets

please email: palaisevent@live.co.uk

Hope this answers your question....

tracey n andy

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

Looking forward to this Cheque sent today !! well done Tracy & Andy

Best Neil

Hi there Neil...

Received your wonga... 2 tickets are on the way to you buddy...

Thanks for your support... All the best to you...

Andy / Tracey biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

we have scope to sell another 1500 to be watched via big screens in two other rooms......

:thumbup:

Cracking idea mate... Something I can work on that is... Thanx thumbup.gif

ATB Andy

Social source share

Cracking idea mate... Something I can work on that is... Thanx thumbup.gif

ATB Andy

IT WAS SACARASUM AS YOUVE SAID EVERY ONE WILL GET TO SEE THEM IN THE ONE ROOM HENCE 1500 TICKETS

IM THINKING YOUR MAKING IT UP AS YOU GO ALONG !

meaning that 1500 ticket sales breaks us EVEN................... capacity is over 3000 but we want everyone to be able to see them.............. so its only 1500 tickets for sale.......

Ms Boop

WHEN DID YOU PULL THE FALCONS OUT AFTER ITS BEEN ADVERTISED NEXT YOULL BE SAYING RUBY ANDREWS IS PULLED

Edited by TOAD
Social source share

IT WAS SACARASUM AS YOUVE SAID EVERY ONE WILL GET TO SEE THEM IN THE ONE ROOM HENCE 1500 TICKETS

meaning that 1500 ticket sales breaks us EVEN................... capacity is over 3000 but we want everyone to be able to see them.............. so its only 1500 tickets for sale.......

Ms Boop

WHEN DID YOU PULL THE FALCONS OUT AFTER ITS BEEN ADVERTISED NEXT YOULL BE SAYING RUBY ANDREWS IS PULLED

Hey Toad................ move over and i will join you on the lilly pad.................... we can both :thumbup:

I take it that you re not interested in attending.................? then fine...................... Little Anthony & The Imperials will be performing in Nottingham ANYHOW.........

ENUF SAID ME FINKS.........................

wicked.gif ms Boop................

Edited by Bettyboop
Social source share

Ms Boop

The Falcons not coming now? how come sad.gif

Social source share

The Falcons not coming now? how come sad.gif

We have had to make room for LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS..................... THEY HAVE A LARGE SET TO PLAY.................... & RUBY ANDREWS WILL ALSO BE APPEARING.............. PLUS WE HAVE A GREAT DJ LINE UP..................... Also The Falcons line up had changed and would have consisted of Sonny Monroe plus 3 others (not the orignal line up as first discussed) and as we have not heard this new line up perform we decided that we were not prepared to take the risk......both musically and financially................Falcons my favourite group too............... :thumbup:

Edited by Bettyboop
Social source share

Guest nubes

We have had to make room for LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS..................... THEY HAVE A LARGE SET TO PLAY.................... & RUBY ANDREWS WILL ALSO BE APPEARING.............. PLUS WE HAVE A GREAT DJ LINE UP..................... wish it was a weekender....... but we only have 12 hours.............

Falcons my favourite group too............... :thumbup:

Still be brill babe..you have done good to get all this up and running okay..... wink.gif ...Delxxxx

Social source share