• Replies 228
  • Views 17.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TONY ROUNCE

OK - I'm a newbie here - but at the request of Tracey and Andy decided to join to voice my thoughts on LAI coming to the UK to play their event.

NO - I am not one of the promoters - but I am in the groups touring band - and the group is looking forward to coming to the UK.

YES - there are lots of details that go into planning an event like this and it's not something that JUST happened. Tracey and Andy contacted us before the holidays but there were lots of logistics to be looked at and such before arrangements could start to become finalized.

They are taking on something HUGE - and should be commended for doing so. Granted - if they were full time promoters they may have handled some things better - but they are a couple that LOVES soul music that had a dream about bringing LAI to the UK and are working very hard to make it happen.

As for the 'TV simulcast' idea - that came from me. I got the idea from the R&R Hall of Fame. The tickets for the induction ceremony sold out in 3 hours - so they decided to offer tickets to watch the event live on screens at the Hall of Fame for a discounted price.

It was just a suggestion - but it seems like Tracey and Andy want to limit the tickets to 1,500. to be sure that anyone that has one of those 1,500 tickets is in th eroom where the group will be playing.

Whether or not they decide to add tickets for a simulcast is up to them.

They are also working on arranging a 'meet & greet' with the band where fans will have a chance to get signed CD's and / or pictures.

They have made us aware of some of the songs that are popular in the UK that we haven't done here in the US and we're working on adding some of those to the show.

We're hoping this will be our FIRST trip of many 'accross the pond' and we thank Tracey and Andy for helping to make it happen. We would love to return to the UK and we are looking forward to hitting more parts of Europe as well.

Jason from THERE'S THAT BEAT magazine attended our show in Florida last weekend and did an interview with some of the guys. They also plan to review the new CD and attend the show April 13 and then do a full story (possibly a COVER story) on the group.

We're trying to line up other 'surprises' as well too. No matter what though - it will be a memorable event. To us and them - it's about getting the group there to PERFORM FOR THE FANS.

It is something HUGE they are doing - especially since they are NOT 'promoters'... but kudos to them for having the courage and integrity to put themselves on the line the way they have.

I look forward to playing for and meeting many of you soon - and will try to post more 'promotional tidbits' soon.

Thanx

Eric Mauriello

LAI touring bassist

Eric, please tell the guys not to bother coming if they're not going to sing "Traveling Stranger" :thumbup:

...I'll cry if they don't sing it. Actually, I'll probably cry if they do sing it,too. :lol:

Can't wait for y'all to get here!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Perfectly good all dayer at Bonnyrigg the same day P, with Mick H and Kenny B

:thumbup:

Lenny

Hiya

Your Bonnyrigg do's on 12th, Palais Alldayer is 13th :lol: You can do both :lol:

p.s Tony Rounce, I'll cry big buckets full of real tears if they sing 'Call Me The Joker'.

Di

Social source share

Perfectly good all dayer at Bonnyrigg the same day P, with Mick H and Kenny B

:yes:

Lenny

Lenny

Think you are mistaken whistling.gif Little Anthony & the Imperials are appearing on the MONDAY. Have had no request for tickets from ANY of the Bonnyrigg crowd........ what a shame, that can be remedied though, as I will be down this Saturday selling tickets, shall I keep 2 for you and Jan ? biggrin.gif

Phyllis

Edited by philly
Social source share

Lenny

Think you are mistaken whistling.gif Little Anthony & the Imperials are appearing on the MONDAY. Have had no request for tickets from ANY of the Bonnyrigg crowd........ what a shame.

Phyllis

Not like you to miss an opportunity for a sale hun.

Anyone wanting tickets for Little Anthony can collect them in person from Phyllis at Bonnyrigg all dayer :yes:

Social source share

That's old age for you P, my mistake, apologies all round!

Lenny

Should think so too...... saying that, have had NO ticket requests from ANY of the Bonnyrigg crowd, thats such a shame for any soulie to miss out on this fantastic opportunity to see LAI. HOwever Lenny. I will be down on Saturday selling tickets........ shall I keep 2 for you and Jan ph34r.gif

Phyllis

Social source share

Should think so too...... saying that, have had NO ticket requests from ANY of the Bonnyrigg crowd, thats such a shame for any soulie to miss out on this fantastic opportunity to see LAI. HOwever Lenny. I will be down on Saturday selling tickets........ shall I keep 2 for you and Jan ph34r.gif

Phyllis

Jan's working P, otherwise we would have went

Lenny

Social source share

https://www.rockhall.com/inductees/inductee-list/

Here we go guys for those of you who are interested

Mand :thumbsup:

Cheers for that Mandy.......

Reminder to all Scottish Sourcers not going to Prestatyn, I will be selling tickets for this event at Bonnyrigg on Saturday, and for those of you who are attending, tickets are available down there too...... see *DEL - nubiansoulsis* or you can email ...... phyllishorn01@yahoo.co.uk

Philly

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Now is the time for Andy and Tracey to come on here and explain exactly what they intend to do about refunding those who have no interest in coming to Nottingham on a Bank Holiday Monday other than to see LAI - which would include the two somewhat elderly gentlemen who would have been accompanying me soleley for that purpose, and who otherwise could care less about attending an all-dayer.

It would also include my two mates from Holland who went ahead, earlier this week, and booked their flights to come over, basically on my assurance that both this event, and the promoters, were on the square.

And when I say, now, I mean now.

And when I say them, I mean them, not one of the many who seem only too happy to speak on their behalf...

Social source share

Now is the time for Andy and Tracey to come on here and explain exactly what they intend to do about refunding those who have no interest in coming to Nottingham on a Bank Holiday Monday other than to see LAI - which would include the two somewhat elderly gentlemen who would have been accompanying me soleley for that purpose, and who otherwise could care less about attending an all-dayer.

It would also include my two mates from Holland who went ahead, earlier this week, and booked their flights to come over, basically on my assurance that both this event, and the promoters, were on the square.

And when I say them, I mean them, not one of the many who seem only too happy to speak on their behalf...

What's happened?

Social source share

It is such a shame that LAI are not coming over, but when you promote something on this scale you must have the back up resources to carry it through, you just cannot pull the plug at the last minute and hope everything is fine, that does not happen.

Now i know your intentions of bringing LAI to the UK were fantastic and myself was looking forward to it as so was a lot of other people and from past expereince most of the ticket sales do come in the last couple of weeks, that is why you need the back up just in case it all goes wrong, other wise do not try it, leave it to the big promoters who can and will have the back up resources.

The best thing you can do now is to come on this thread and hold your hands up and explain the situation and give them details of refunds etc.

Kev Bourne

Social source share

It is such a shame that LAI are not coming over, but when you promote something on this scale you must have the back up resources to carry it through, you just cannot pull the plug at the last minute and hope everything is fine, that does not happen.

Now i know your intentions of bringing LAI to the UK were fantastic and myself was looking forward to it as so was a lot of other people and from past expereince most of the ticket sales do come in the last couple of weeks, that is why you need the back up just in case it all goes wrong, other wise do not try it, leave it to the big promoters who can and will have the back up resources.

The best thing you can do now is to come on this thread and hold your hands up and explain the situation and give them details of refunds etc.

Kev Bourne

if anyone is in touch with these promoters can you pass on that they need to post up asp if this event is going on in any shape or form

the event is still being advertised on here with the original details, in signatures, event guide, flyer gallery and forums

needs sorting asp!

Social source share

Firstly could I please ask the mods to merge the two threads on this to prevent any further confusion.

I would just like to echo Mandys words and the fact that tickets in the first instance for many, were purchased simply for the fact that it was the palais reunion. Any live act was the cherry on the cake.

Ok so Little Anthony and the Imperials aint a no show now ... reading what the bassist wrote and perhaps reading between the lines, and only my opinion but me thinks it caused a massive buzz over here, with him mentioning media and radio coverage and appearances, that maybe pound or dollar signs perhaps began to role, and being inexperienced promotors maybe just maybe, LAI management made demands that couldnt be met (monetary ones) by people whom are just like us, your average punters, in this case, Andy and Tracy, and too echo the bassists own words again, genuine soul people who weren't promotors but did it for the right reasons and that was for the love of the music.

Now I don't know Andy or Tracy we have never met (so don't be classing me as a mate answering for 'em Toad) But what I do know that in their posts what does come across, is a genuine healthy interest in the scene and its music, like the rest of us have, and I am not gonna slate anyone for that there is NO WAY that these two individuals set out to rip anyone off.

If your gonna blame anyone blame me and Mandy, we were the ones who asked for it initially asking for promotors with big wallets way back when to stage a palais reunion, and it was Tracy whom answered our call, if ya like for want of a better word.

So please don't be destroying two people like Andy and Tracy whom set out on this with the best will in the world and for all the right reasons, its not a sob story its the way it is guys and gals.

But in agreement with several posts its time for Andy and Tracy to come on here now and make the official announcement as to wether the dayer is still going ahead one way or the other, before further speculation and accusation is posted.

So sometime in the future LAI is going to appear in the UK according to the bassist, just a shame it wasn't this time around, without us having to pay double the amount like we will when 'the future date' is released and organised by obviously 'someone whom is experienced in the promotion business' .... Ahhh the strange world of northern soul continues to thrive amoung us.

And lastly on a personal note to the one that sent me the pm... GROW UP GRUMPY BOLLOX....

Dawn

Social source share

Totally agree with Mike.

People need to know.

I was told early today by a ticket seller that the whole event was cancelled.

But that needs confirming by the promoters.

Very concerning that they have not been on here.

Also I haven't been able to contact them on their phone numbers.

Does anybody know if any of the DJ's have any info?

Best

Tabs

if anyone is in touch with these promoters can you pass on that they need to post up asp if this event is going on in any shape or form

the event is still being advertised on here with the original details, in signatures, event guide, flyer gallery and forums

needs sorting asp!

Social source share

Guest soul bandit

TRANDY PROMOTIONS

Would like to issue the following statement...

It is with great disappointment and regret that we have had to take the decision to announce the cancellation of "The Northern Soul & Motown" All-dayer featuring "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" & "RUBY ANDREWS" Scheduled for "Monday 13th April 2009" due to circumstances beyond our control... We would also like to add that this was in no way related to any form of breakdown between ourselves & the aforementioned artistes...

The non appearance is a result of the cancellation of the event...

We would like to apologise to all who have supported us on this venture & in particular all those who have purchased tickets... A full refund will be given upon receipt of returned tickets... please email palaisevent@live.co.uk for further details of how/where to obtain refunds...

Once again we deeply apologise for inconvenience caused to all concerned....

We particularly offer our most sincere apologies to "RUBY ANDREWS" & "LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS" Who from the offset have been pillars of support to us...

Thank-you Andy / Tracey

Social source share