Little Anthony & The Imperials

We have had to make room for LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS..................... THEY HAVE A LARGE SET TO PLAY.................... & RUBY ANDREWS WILL ALSO BE APPEARING.............. PLUS WE HAVE A GREAT DJ LINE UP..................... wish it was a weekender....... but we only have 12 hours.............

Falcons my favourite group too............... sad.gif

How did the Falcons take being told they weren't wanted this close to the event?

Social source share

• Replies 228
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

How did the Falcons take being told they weren't wanted this close to the event?

Must admit ,did wonder how 3 live acts and 3 rooms was going to work.

Bit like the hokey cokey s'pose.In out,in out......

Hopefully my mind will be put to rest Saturday night.No Falcon's?,dissapointed to say the least. :wicked:

Social source share

Guest stash313

I'm dissapointed that The Falcons won't be appearing.

Still looking forward to seeing Little Anthony but I do wonder what The Falcons think about being pushed aside, and the effect this may have on future plans to bring them over. They may not think of the UK to favourbly after this?

Social source share

Guest familytree

I'm dissapointed that The Falcons won't be appearing.

Still looking forward to seeing Little Anthony but I do wonder what The Falcons think about being pushed aside, and the effect this may have on future plans to bring them over. They may not think of the UK to favourbly after this?

thought you were packing sean?? ha..facebook eh! x

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

ahhhh, but for all we know, they may not have been 'pushed aside' so to speak, it could have been a mutual agreement between the promoters and the Falcons themselves....

let's not jump to conclusions :thumbup:

Anyway, I think LA's better :rolleyes:

Social source share

Hey Toad................ move over and i will join you on the lilly pad.................... we can both :thumbup:

I take it that you re not interested in attending.................? then fine...................... Little Anthony & The Imperials will be performing in Nottingham ANYHOW.........

ENUF SAID ME FINKS.........................

:rolleyes: ms Boop................

Gotta say this Tracey, some folks just can't help themselves where having a snipe at people who are just trying to do the right thing is concerned. Take no notice of the knockers, you don't want em there on the day anyway cos all they are gonna do after the event is try and slag it off. You know the old saying ' you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of them all the time. Plenty of true soulies know how hard you have worked to get the reunion off the ground and it is gonna be a great day even without the Falcons. Just keep up the promoting, i will be there, can't wait. See you at the Brit the week before. Oh, how many sleeps now ?? Best..Tony T BONE OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

ffs wasnt havin a snipe

just wanting to know whos on ....SIMPLE

id have paid in for the falcons but the line up keeps CHANGING

theres no guarrentie tha LAI ARE APPERARING

REREAD THE PREVIOUS POSTS FROM THE PROMOTERS

IT DOESNT MAKE :wave: MUCH SENSE

Social source share

I don't think people should be having a go at Toad for being slightly sceptical - this is a group that many people have tried to bring over in the past and failed, all of a sudden they are coming, it's great news and I hope all goes well but there's no law about people askign questions about it.

Social source share

I don't think people should be having a go at Toad for being slightly sceptical - this is a group that many people have tried to bring over in the past and failed, all of a sudden they are coming, it's great news and I hope all goes well but there's no law about people askign questions about it.

True Pete but its not just all of a sudden,its been on the cards for a while. Like you say people have tried and failed before so the promoters wanted to get it right. As far as im aware they ARE booked and will bo on..While im here and nowt to do with you Pete but there is people on here that did make it clear that they didnt have an interest in this venture as it was on a Monday..they now,it seems have a bit of mud to sling as regards the Falcons.typical of this forum dont you think..like the Falcons but LIA for me!

Social source share

True Pete but its not just all of a sudden,its been on the cards for a while. Like you say people have tried and failed before so the promoters wanted to get it right. As far as im aware they ARE booked and will bo on..While im here and nowt to do with you Pete but there is people on here that did make it clear that they didnt have an interest in this venture as it was on a Monday..they now,it seems have a bit of mud to sling as regards the Falcons.typical of this forum dont you think..like the Falcons but LIA for me!

I don't want to get involved in anything, honestly, especially the ins and outs of whats going on, and once again I wish you well and I think this could be one of the greatest shows ever seen in recent soul history - my point was about people coming down on Toad for asking a question thats all.

Having said that, if I were to go and see one group, Little Anthony & The Imperials were always the only act I would ever have travelled to see.

Social source share

:wave: Little Anthony, Ruby Andrews, the Falcons ?? who cares? im going for the reunion, the music, the Dancing and the event. Little Anthony appeals to me over the others so as far as im concerned , its a bonus !

SEE YA THERE

How dare you be positive full of joy and excitement,,its a disgrace :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

ffs wasnt havin a snipe

just wanting to know whos on ....SIMPLE

id have paid in for the falcons but the line up keeps CHANGING

theres no guarrentie tha LAI ARE APPERARING

REREAD THE PREVIOUS POSTS FROM THE PROMOTERS

IT DOESNT MAKE :D MUCH SENSE

Makes sense to me...... LAI in exchange for the Falcons, and however that came about is nobodys business but the promoters.

You say you would have bought a ticket for the Falcons :wave: ........ well then why didn't you..... been advertised for ages !!!!!!! :) THEN..... you would have had something to bump your gums about but, as you didn't......... :):lol::lol::lol:

Keep your chin up Tracey your doing a great job........ not long to go now, hotel booked, will just have to pull myself together after Rugby on the Saturday for the long drive...... worth it though. :lol:

Edited by philly
Social source share

Makes sense to me...... LIA in exchange for the Falcons, and however that came about is nobodys business but the promoters.

You say you would have bought a ticket for the Falcons :wave: ........ well then why didn't you..... been advertised for ages !!!!!!! :D THEN..... you would have had something to bump your gums about but, as you didn't......... :D:lol::lol::)

Keep your chin up Tracey your doing a great job........ not long to go now, hotel booked, will just have to pull myself together after Rugby on the Saturday for the long drive...... worth it though. :lol:

You forget philly that some people on here know everything about everything. The Falcons.. does someone know what the actual current line up is,you could have ended up with one member from the group that was in the 60s 70s and some others that are nobodys to us or something like that. i may be totally wrong (i usually am) But to me LAI still has long standing members and is a far better choice IMO :lol: . im waiting for the quote " im only going to hear um sing "better use your head" :)

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

:lol: Little Anthony, Ruby Andrews, the Falcons ?? who cares? im going for the reunion, the music, the Dancing and the event. Little Anthony appeals to me over the others so as far as im concerned , its a bonus !

SEE YA THERE

Me too :wave: It'll be buzzing. Hope we aren't queueing right back to the ice stadium to get in :lol:

Little Anthony and the Imperials swap for the Falcons is a fair one (understatement IMO) ...i'd be a bit dubious about going and asking a million questions if they'd swapped The Falcons for Barry Manilow or Paper Lace :lol:

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

" im only going to hear um sing "better use your head" :lol:

They can sing Christmas Carols for all I care :lol:

Swooooooooooon :wave:

Social source share

Me too :wave: It'll be buzzing. Hope we aren't queueing right back to the ice stadium to get in :)

Little Anthony and the Imperials swap for the Falcons is a fair one (understatement IMO) ...i'd be a bit dubious about going and asking a million questions if they'd swapped The Falcons for Barry Manilow or Paper Lace :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

You forget philly that some people on here know everything about everything. The Falcons.. does someone know what the actual current line up is,you could have ended up with one member from the group that was in the 60s 70s

Or 50's...they had Eddie Floyd, Wilson Pickett and Joe Stubbs in the line up...Eddie Floyd is still alive I think

Social source share

Or 50's...they had Eddie Floyd, Wilson Pickett and Joe Stubbs in the line up...Eddie Floyd is still alive I think

or 50's :lol: thats one of my points,these arent going to be in the group.so what are people expecting. Ok sonny monroe would have been on...my moneys still on LAI and as you say Pete could be one of the best shows for a while...unless they forget the words :wave::lol: dont think so do you.

Edited by JMYTG
Social source share

or 50's :lol: thats one of my points,these arent going to be in the group.so what are people expecting. Ok sonny monroe would have been on...my moneys still on LAI and as you say Pete could be one of the best shows for a while...unless they forget the words :lol::lol: dont think so do you.

Ps..im looking for a Payin Our Dues lp if anyone has it :wave:

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Can you imagine Little Anthony pretending to forget the words.....

.....the music starts....he sings "You Better Stop and Think What You're Sayin".......La la la la la la la la la, he then cries out, HELP ME OUT GUYS and the whole place errupts....wowwwwwwww.

Anyone wishing to practice can find the lyrics here :lol:https://www.lyricstime.com/little-anthony-a...ead-lyrics.html

Nagh, i'm not in the least bit excited... :wave:

Social source share

or 50's :lol: thats one of my points,these arent going to be in the group.so what are people expecting. Ok sonny monroe would have been on...my moneys still on LAI and as you say Pete could be one of the best shows for a while...unless they forget the words :wave::lol: dont think so do you.

as you say guys at least as far as we know l/a's set up is more or less the same the only difference i know of is that in the 50's there were originally 5 members or the group cant wait to see them live :lol:

Edited by speedlimit
Social source share

Can you imagine Little Anthony pretending to forget the words.....

.....the music starts....he sings "You Better Stop and Think What You're Sayin".......La la la la la la la la la, he then cries out, HELP ME OUT GUYS and the whole place errupts....wowwwwwwww.

Anyone wishing to practice can find the lyrics here :lol:https://www.lyricstime.com/little-anthony-a...ead-lyrics.html

Nagh, i'm not in the least bit excited... :wave:

OMG for years I have been singing the wrong lyrics to this ..... :lol::lol::lol:

Social source share

:lol: Little Anthony, Ruby Andrews, the Falcons ?? who cares? im going for the reunion, the music, the Dancing and the event. Little Anthony appeals to me over the others so as far as im concerned , its a bonus !

SEE YA THERE

IanP

I'm with you on this one :wave:

In my pleading thread...I said promoters with big wallets big enough to stick their necks out

I really don't care who the live act is :lol:

I would have STILL bought a ticket even if there was no live act!!!!

I'm going for the reunion at my favourite old haunt for one last time

I'm sure there will be lots of other folks there the same as myself

Mand :lol:

palaisevent@live.co.uk (email addy for tickets folks)

Edited by Madmandy
Social source share

IanP

I'm with you on this one :wave:

In my pleading thread...I said promoters with big wallets big enough to stick their necks out

I really don't care who the live act is :lol:

I would have STILL bought a ticket even if there was no live act!!!!

I'm going for the reunion at my favourite old haunt for one last time

I'm sure there will be lots of other folks there the same as myself

Mand :lol:

palaisevent@live.co.uk (email addy for tickets folks)

Me too Mand, its been a long time coming, just gonna be nice just to be inside the old place again, with its memories and like minded souls once again. Big respect and thanks to Andy and Tracy for this, whom without, Im sure, it wouldnt have happened.

To have Ruby and Little Anthoney there too is the cherry on the cake as far as Im concerned.

Keep up the good work Andy and Tracy, it will be an absolute brill day/nite.

See you next month. xxx

Social source share

Makes sense to me...... LAI in exchange for the Falcons, and however that came about is nobodys business but the promoters.

You say you would have bought a ticket for the Falcons whistling.gif ........ well then why didn't you..... been advertised for ages !!!!!!! :) THEN..... you would have had something to bump your gums about but, as you didn't......... no.gifshhh.gif:yes::)

Are you only allowed to comment if you've bought a ticket then?

Maybe some people might not have the money to buy tickets in advance. You are allowed to pay on the day aren't you?

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

ive been asked by pm not to be too harsh

THIS IS A BIG CON TO SELL MORE TICKETS IMO :yes::):)

....you still don't believe Little Anthony's appearing ? There's a write up in tonights Evening Post about it, a couple of paragraphs of it are below...

thumbup.gif Little Anthony's UK Exclusive thumbup.gif

"Fifties rhythm and blues stars Little Anthony and the Imperials will headline an all day Northern Soul event in Nottingham next month - one week after being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Little Anthony and the Imperials, who are celebrating their 50th year in show business, will be flying into the UK from Las Vegas for one appearance....at the Oceana nightspot in Lower Parliament Street.

That's a couple of paragraphs taken from the write up in todays Nottingham Evening Post supplement Essential Guide to What's On Around Nottingham. smile.gif

Bobby Womack will also be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame on the same day :D

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Are you only allowed to comment if you've bought a ticket then?

Maybe some people might not have the money to buy tickets in advance. You are allowed to pay on the day aren't you?

Hi Joan

It's admission by ticket only, no pay on the door.

Di

Social source share

Ooops didnt see last post, tickets only. thumbsup.gif

Over 3000 sticky beaks to the thread. Obviously there are a lot of interestd folks out there in old blighty. Only need half that to make it a success. 12000 miles and just a few more sleeps between me and one of the original alldayer venues of the 70's. Can't wait, oh and the records are sorted. Bring it on i say. Get yer tickets booked NOW ! See yas all real soon. Tony T BONE. OZ. K.T.F.

Social source share

....you still don't believe Little Anthony's appearing ? There's a write up in tonights Evening Post about it, a couple of paragraphs of it are below...

:lol: Little Anthony's UK Exclusive :shades:

"Fifties rhythm and blues stars Little Anthony and the Imperials will headline an all day Northern Soul event in Nottingham next month - one week after being inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Little Anthony and the Imperials, who are celebrating their 50th year in show business, will be flying into the UK from Las Vegas for one appearance....at the Oceana nightspot in Lower Parliament Street.

That's a couple of paragraphs taken from the write up in todays Nottingham Evening Post supplement Essential Guide to What's On Around Nottingham. :lol:

Bobby Womack will also be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame on the same day biggrin.gif

Edited by KevH
Social source share

FOOK ME !! Moddy, either you must be a 'Fly On The Wall'..

or I need to borrow that 'ALL-SEEING, ALL-KNOWING' Crystal Ball you got !!

In fact - Who the Fook pulled your string !?! :lol:

Fingers..

Well come on it all sounds a bit unbelievable doesn't it,work it out, 1500 people 15 quid a ticket, £22,500, Anthony n boys fee ops around 18,000 English pounds :no: orchestra fee cost of hire of venue, then u got ruby and falcons fee oh ye thats not forgetting all flights and hotels for all, funny how suddenly falcons not coming, why not be honest and say its cos they cant afford them now, I for one would love to see little Anthony but to say they have been on the cards a long time i think not, or they could have charged a lot more and i 4 one would have paid double what the tickets are to see them, its been a last min booking, and this i know for sure. So what i was trying to say was were they just hanging on to the falcons in case it all fell through and to be honest up until i spoke to Clarence and Eric on Thursday evening nothing was signed.Oh and the fact they can sell another 1500 tickets so people can watch on big screens how would that work then

I say well done to Tracy and Andy if they manage this and i truly hope they do but i think it could have been done with a lot more professionalism and organization thats all :thumbup:

Edited by moddy
Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

Well come on it all sounds a bit unbelievable doesn't it,work it out, 1500 people 15 quid a ticket, £22,500, Anthony n boys fee 18,000 English pounds :lol: orchestra fee cost of hire of venue, then u got ruby and falcons fee oh ye thats not forgetting all flights and hotels for all, funny how suddenly falcons not coming, why not be honest and say its cos they cant afford them now, I for one would love to see little Anthony but to say they have been on the cards a long time i think not, or they could have charged a lot more and i 4 one would have paid double what the tickets are to see them, its been a last min booking, and this i know for sure. So what i was trying to say was were they just hanging on to the falcons in case it all fell through and to be honest up until i spoke to Clarence and Eric on Thursday evening nothing was signed.Oh and the fact they can sell another 1500 tickets so people can watch on big screens how would that work then

I say well done to Tracy and Andy if they manage this and i truly hope they do but i think it could have been done with a lot more professionalism and organization thats all :thumbup:

£18,000- no idea how much they want to appear, but whatever amount it is what's it got to do with anyone apart from the promoters and LAI themselves? For anyone not footing the bill it shouldn't be a worry. :no: Who's to say the promoters haven't struck a good deal with LAI ?

The Palais has a capacity to hold 3000. However, 3000 won't fit in the main part to watch the live bands. They COULD potentially sell 3000 tickets, not can/will, but there would possibly be 1500 disappointed folks who physically wouldn't be able to cram into the main room.

The possibility of LA appearing ... that was something mentioned to me at the end of November beginning of December and not an idea that was plucked out of thin air last week :g:

Edited by Fatius Bumius
Social source share

£18,000- no idea how much they want to appear, but whatever amount it is what's it got to do with anyone apart from the promoters and LAI themselves? For anyone not footing the bill it shouldn't be a worry. :thumbup: Who's to say the promoters haven't struck a good deal with LAI ?

The Palais has a capacity to hold 3000. However, 3000 won't fit in the main part to watch the live bands. They COULD potentially sell 3000 tickets, not can/will, but there would possibly be 1500 disappointed folks who physically wouldn't be able to cram into the main room.

The possibility of LA appearing ... that was something mentioned to me at the end of November beginning of December and not an idea that was plucked out of thin air last week :lol:

I didn't say they couldn't sell another 1500 tickets what i said was how would this work, in a earlier post it was said that if all the tickets sold out they had the option to sell another 1500 tickets for people to watch on big screen's or did i read it wrong, and to me that would have caused a riot esp with the first 1500 peeps who bought tickets, it seems people cant voice there worries without it being called bitching, also if it was suggested in Nov why is it only 6 weeks to go that you have Finlay gone for them, and dropped the falcons, if it wasn't just a last min thing you could have had them all. :no:

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

I didn't say they couldn't sell another 1500 tickets what i said was how would this work, in a earlier post it was said that if all the tickets sold out they had the option to sell another 1500 tickets for people to watch on big screen's or did i read it wrong, and to me that would have caused a riot esp with the first 1500 peeps who bought tickets, it seems people cant voice there worries without it being called bitching, also if it was suggested in Nov why is it only 6 weeks to go that you have Finlay gone for them, and dropped the falcons, if it wasn't just a last min thing you could have had them all. :lol:

Well as I see it, if they had come on here and said 'Sorry No Falcons' folks would have been asking more questions than are being asked now and probably asking for a refund. Come on here and say 'Sorry No Falcons but we have Little Anthony & The Imperials instead'. The price of the tickets was set at £15 before LA joined the line up, it's not very professional to put the price up to £20/£30 is it ? Everything in place and set in stone seems a better move before announcing any changes.

1500 ticket sales, could potentially sell 3000 to fill the whole venue, but then a lot wouldn't get to see the live artists, BUT....not everyone likes/wants to see live artists. 3000 tickets sales and the show being relayed on big screens in the other rooms could have worked......and then maybe folks would stop asking questions on how the promoters were going to foot the bill :thumbup:

Edited by Fatius Bumius
Social source share

Tickets landed today for the Little Anthony concert, thanx Andy and Tracey, super quick service there. Just a point tho, there's no mention of Little Anthony on the tickets? :lol:

If I was reading correctly earlyer in thread, you were sayin' you may sell further tickets for the event for people to watch on large screens, just wondered how this would work, How will access to Little Anthony's perfomance be policed. having just got tickets that only state "Northern Soul & Motown All Dayer" can you confirm these are indeed for access to see him live.

Just to say again, congrats to ya both for pulling this off. :thumbup:

steve

Social source share