Little Anthony & The Imperials

whats your thoughts on LITTLE ANTHONY & THE IMPERIALS

APPEARING LIVE AND EXCLUSIVE IN THE UK....

WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE THEM TO SING

....OBVIOUSLY TOP OF THE LIST WOULD BE 'BETTER USE YOUR HEAD'

Ms Boop

Edited by Bettyboop
Social source share

• Replies 228
  • Views 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

Ms Boop

You only live twice

Going out of my head

and then I can die happy :thumbsup:

Social source share

"It's not the same" for me.

Ditto mate, by far their best record, awesome does it for me everytime, as for getting them over to the UK I think the cost involved would be too much to promote, they still work throughout the USA and the fee alone would be out of reach for most events overhere except somewhere like Prestatyn maybe.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Ditto mate, by far their best record, awesome does it for me everytime, as for getting them over to the UK I think the cost involved would be too much to promote, they still work throughout the USA and the fee alone would be out of reach for most events overhere except somewhere like Prestatyn maybe.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Heard Andy and yourself on Amber Radio Tracey ............................................well

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

I beg to differ Mark........... weve got them if we want them............. ticket sales depending....

Social source share

I beg to differ Mark........... weve got them if we want them............. ticket sales depending....

What? With their backing band? If so....put me down for a ticket for sure!!

I have been lucky enough to see them twice, (or rather once he was solo in the 80s). Randazzo was a genius. Combined with the talents of LA&Is he left a remarkable musical legacy. People at the 'top of there game'. :D

"> Edited by Dave Moore
Social source share

What? With their backing band? YES THERE are 8 OF THEM travelling....

If so....put me down for a ticket for sure!! COOL.......BUT

NEED MORE SUPPORT FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.....

I have been lucky enough to see them twice, (or rather once he was solo in the 80s). Randazzo was a genius. Combined with the talents of LA&Is he left a remarkable musical legacy. People at the 'top of there game'. :DTHEY HAVE JUST GOT INTO THE R&R HALL OF FAME.... IN FACT THEY OFFICIALLY ENTER THE H0F ON 4TH APRIL 2009...........

Social source share

Guest Fatius Bumius

would walk on broken glass to see them, but they would need a really good backing band or even an orchestra. SORTED ALREADY.......WEVE GOT A GREAT 15 PIECE BACKING BAND/ORCHESTRA AND HIRED A MUSICAL DIRECTOR....

Crikey Mrs Boop, you don't do things by halves do ya lass? :thumbup: If I win the lottery tonight I'll buy all the last remaining Palais tickets. :shhh:

A group with just over 50 years in the business, still an original line up, his voice is still amazing! Palais tickets at £15 a chuck to see The Falcons, Ruby Andrews, with the added bonus of Little Anthony if all the tickets sell....phew, what a day it will be :D

Social source share

THIS WOULD BE A MOMENTUS OCCASION ,AFTER YEARS OF BOMBARDING THEM WITH EMAILS TO GET OVER TO THE U.K.. THEY ARE STILL TOP DRAWER IN THE STATES AS DAVE AS POINTED OUT,THIS FOR ME WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE :D

Social source share

Little Anthony +Imperials are THE top drawer on the East Coast Doo- Wop Oldies circuit....my doo-wop friends tell me they are brilliant...a recent package had them on the same bill as Gene Chandler.......it you could get them it would be super......(and they could smuggle Sonny Turner of the Platters in!)

Social source share

Transferred their "Payin' our dues" album to my iPod recently and when I played "lost without you" for the first time I was complete in awe :thumbsup:

Without a doubt the best beat ballad Teddy Randazzo and Little Anthony & Imperials ever did! As good as "Hurt so bad", "Not the same", "Yesterday has gone", "Call me the joker", etc. are, "lost without you" surpasses them all. Everything you need in a good beat ballad, big production orchestra, drama lyrics, the lot. Very highly recommended!

And to come back to the topic of this thread: I'd like to see them performing "lost without you"

Social source share

If this is serious i think just about everyone on the scene would be clamering for ticket's to see them. Put me down for 10 and the cash is here waiting to be delivered. :thumbsup:

YES this is serious....................... and there will only be 1500 tickets available................ so first come first served.................... and bearing in mind there are quite alot sold already..................

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

huh.gif Bit confused... So are they appearing at the Palais Alldayer ? Or somewhere else ? or is it just a wish ?

EDIT : Sorry,must have been writing this as you put above post up :thumbsup:

'Better Use Your Head' is up in my alltime top 10....what a tune ! never tire of it.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

YES this is serious....................... and there will only be 1500 tickets available................ so first come first served.................... and bearing in mind there are quite alot sold already..................

Tracey n Andy

I'm a bit confused :thumbup: . Quote "ticket sales depending"?

P :lol:

Social source share

I'm a bit confused :lol: . Quote "ticket sales depending"?

P :D

meaning that 1500 ticket sales breaks us EVEN................... :thumbup: capacity is over 3000 but we want everyone to be able to see them.............. so its only 1500 tickets for sale.......

Ms Boop

Edited by Bettyboop
Social source share

Fantastic I really hope it comes together for you, good luck.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Thanks Mark............... really appreciated................

Tracey n Andy

Nottingham

Social source share

meaning that 1500 ticket sales breaks us EVEN................... :thumbup: capacity is over 3000 but we want everyone to be able to see them.............. so its only 1500 tickets for sale.......

Ms Boop

Date?

Location?

Allnighter?

I need to book flights and stuff if this is gonna happen. You have a PM Ms Boop.

Social source share

why would you just want to break EVEN ?

BECAUSE WE ARE IN THIS FOR THE LOVE OF SOUL MUSIC....................

WE PUT OFF OUR WEDDING THIS YEAR FOR THIS EVENT............... AND WHAT AN EVENT IT WILL BE.........

Social source share

Date? EASTER MONDAY 13TH APRIL 2009

Location? PALAIS DE DANSE NOTTINGHAM (OCEANA) LOWER PARLIAMENT STREET, NOTTINGHAM

Allnighter? ALL DAYER 12:00 MIDDAY UNTIL 12:00 MIDNIGHT

I need to book flights and stuff if this is gonna happen. You have a PM Ms Boop.

Social source share

WE PUT OFF OUR WEDDING THIS YEAR FOR THIS EVENT............... AND WHAT AN EVENT IT WILL BE.........

Makes a change in this greedy world ..... & well done for managing to pull this all off...truely amazing stuff :thumbup:

Social source share

SORRY THATS NOT ANSWERED THE QUESTION

GET A PACKED ROOM TO SHOW THEM THEY HAVE MORE THAN 1500 FANS

Social source share

Makes a change in this greedy world ..... & well done for managing to pull this all off...truely amazing stuff :thumbup:

Thank you so much............... your comments are greatly appreciated.... and support like yours is what keeps us going.............

Tracey n Andy

Nottingham

Social source share

I thought this was Ruby Andrews and The Falcons appearing. Are you saying that Little Anthony and The Imperials are also appearing at this event? Jeeze, that's only six weeks away. Best get mi skates on. Where do we get tickets? How much are they? Is there a website or booking procedure we need to go to through?

Nearest Airport?

Social source share

SORRY THATS NOT ANSWERED THE QUESTION

GET A PACKED ROOM TO SHOW THEM THEY HAVE MORE THAN 1500 FANS

NO not a packed room.....(when did we mention a packed room) ............ the capacity for Palais (Oceana) is over 3000 for which we could sell that amount of tickets..... however the capacity for the ballroom in which LAI will be performing is only 1500 and on that basis to sell 3000 plus tickets would result unfortunately in either a stampede or 1500 valued customers not being able to see a show that they had paid to see.

Tracey n Andy

Social source share

I thought this was Ruby Andrews and The Falcons appearing. Are you saying that Little Anthony and The Imperials are also appearing at this event? Jeeze, that's only six weeks away. Best get mi skates on. Where do we get tickets? How much are they? Is there a website or booking procedure we need to go to through?

Nearest Airport?

East Midlands Airport.....good thing is the airport runs a 24hour bus to and from the city centre about 5 mins walk to the Palais

Social source share

Nearest Airport?

:thumbup::lol:

Dave....slow breathing....1.......2......3.....out

Social source share

I thought this was Ruby Andrews and The Falcons appearing. Yes you are correct hence the amount of tickets required to sell.........

Are you saying that Little Anthony and The Imperials are also appearing at this event? YES

Jeeze, that's only six weeks away. YES panic this end too.....

Best get mi skates on.

Where do we get tickets? either direct from us by emailing palaisevent@live.co.uk

How much are they? £15 each

Is there a website or booking procedure we need to go to through? various outlets see main thread in events or email the above address....

Nearest Airport? EAST MIDLANDS

Social source share

He He!

I've seen 'em before....I know how good they are! :lol:

Don't blame you :thumbup: .....was funny though...i was out of breath here just reading your post ! :D

Social source share

Ms Boop

" Take Me Back " and " On The Outside Looking In " .........

Malc Burton

Social source share

Ms Boop

Oh I see. It sounds like it will be a great event.

Hope it goes well for you as I would love to come, unfortunately that date I have something else on. :D

Regards

P :lol:

post-9683-1235895482_thumb.jpg

post-9683-1235895539_thumb.jpg

Social source share