Soulfool

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

Mine is the Ascots - Another Day - Mir-A-Don, been on my wants list since 1995!!

Mine is a Latin/Crossover 45', i narrowly missed it years back (ebay)only to see it relisted (non payer) some time later, when i inquired saying i was the 2nd highest bidder and would buy it, the seller said he kept no records and just put it back on...and i bloody got beat again. Seen no mention of it it in any guide (including the full R&B Indies etc) infact only the 2 ebay listings and one obscure USA radio show where a fella' listed the flip side on a playlist (the show was recorded way back) i emailed the link.but no joy. I'm not going to name it...............I will when i finally nail the ************ :rolleyes:

Brett Franklin

Social source share

Mine is a Latin/Crossover 45', i narrowly missed it years back (ebay)only to see it relisted (non payer) some time later, when i inquired saying i was the 2nd highest bidder and would buy it, the seller said he kept no records and just put it back on...and i bloody got beat again. Seen no mention of it it in any guide (including the full R&B Indies etc) infact only the 2 ebay listings and one obscure USA radio show where a fella' listed the flip side on a playlist (the show was recorded way back) i emailed the link.but no joy. I'm not going to name it...............I will when i finally nail the ************ :rolleyes:

Brett Franklin

=====

sammy lee - what goes around - the last wigan tune that still eludes me......grrrrrrrr

Social source share

Just picked up detroit city limits lp up on ebay £40 from USA and its a radio station copy oh yeah. Manship wants £100 pound for a copy I think I got a bargin laugh.gif

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Wendell Watts - Kiss a good thing goodbye

Never seems to come up for sale and nobody seems to play it out, is this because it even rarer than everyone thinks. This I'm thinking could be in the handfull of known copies cat, anyone got any more info on it, I know Andy Dyson has one.

On Reforee so you would imagine there would be a few about.

Cheers Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

Social source share

found my old book circa 1980 last year,6 wants or items to buy:

love comittee/i made a mistake telectric

contours / i'm a winner rocket

masterpiece/girls alright with me whitfield

rudie stuart/i wanna love you delmar int

chuck cissel/ don't tell me arista

and finally the one i regret not buying the most charles johnson/never had a love alston

kev

Social source share

Never seems to come up for sale and nobody seems to play it out, is this because it even rarer than everyone thinks. This I'm thinking could be in the handfull of known copies cat, anyone got any more info on it, I know Andy Dyson has one.

Cheers Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

Some very rare stuff on Ref O Ree......Steve

Social source share

Mine is the Ascots - Another Day - Mir-A-Don, been on my wants list since 1995!!

Gorgeous record...got it on mp3...love the horn stabs...wasn't someone after it for quite some time and got hold of a copy in the last few months? Was it Chalky? g.gif

Social source share

Some very rare stuff on Ref O Ree......Steve

Yeah I know Steve but Ive never seen this particular record never ever ever. Do you have one? I could do with a day out in crewkie, I'll be the guy dressed in black with a ballaclarver hiding behind your gate.

Some of the Reforee stuff is in a class of its own imo.

Catch you at Bwater some time.

Cheers Darren

Social source share

Mine's GEORGE BLACKWELL - CAN'T LOSE MY HEAD - SMOKE

whenever it comes up for auction/sale I never have enough dosh spare to put in a realistic bid on it.

something always gets in the way like a large bill for the car mot or such like.

one day I'll be lucky and the timing will just be right!!!

best

Neil

Social source share

Just picked up detroit city limits lp up on ebay £40 from USA and its a radio station copy oh yeah. Manship wants £100 pound for a copy I think I got a bargin laugh.gif

I think that's a vastly inflated Manship listing pricewise. Still a great LP (mine is WLP also), but I don't know if it's that hard to get?

One that's been on my want list for a while is the Lee Moses 45 on Lee John, not super rare but I always get outbid on ebay, & frustratingly found it on Gemm a while back only to be told it was no longer in stock by the seller.

Social source share

Cheers Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

think it went through manship auction within the last 6 months

Social source share

Gorgeous record...got it on mp3...love the horn stabs...wasn't someone after it for quite some time and got hold of a copy in the last few months? Was it Chalky? :lol:

I have the Mir-A-Don Ascots set of three 'Another Day', 'Miss Heartbreaker' without group name on lable and 'Anytime', fab group, super hard to find set of three with 'Another Day' being the jewel in the crown, Stafford Top Of The World at it's very best, has to be £800.00 of anyone's money, blinding record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I have the Mir-A-Don Ascots set of three 'Another Day', 'Miss Heartbreaker' without group name on lable and 'Anytime', fab group, super hard to find set of three with 'Another Day' being the jewel in the crown, Stafford Top Of The World at it's very best, has to be £800.00 of anyone's money, blinding record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

£650 in arthur fenns sales box last week :lol:

dave

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

why didn't you get the 4th one to complete the set? it's less rare than the 3 you have. there's also the archie powell (of the ascots) and pat thompson 45 on miradon.

Social source share

Cheers Darren

www.raresoul45s.co.uk

There was a fella and the Seattle weekender with a load of Ref O Ree stuff i bought a copy of you girl off him i'll try and get his contact info and see if he has a copy

DJ

Social source share

Guest posstot

MINE IS , SAMMY AMBROSE WELCOME TO DREAMSVILLE MUSICOR OR STATESIDE...Always seemed to have missed out on a nice clean copy at a fair price. seen rough one, but if you own this one, for me, it has to be a bit of a looker too!! tongue.gif

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

=====

sammy lee - what goes around - the last wigan tune that still eludes me......grrrrrrrr

So it must be worth a tidy sum to you, you know where there is one whistling.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert