Youngest Person To D.j At The 100 Club

Speedlimit

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i just noticed that young brett smith is d.jing at the next 100 club allnighter and knowing that he has not long turned 18 if i am correct i think this will make him the youngest ever d.j at this venue , dont worry though he has a great taste in the music and agreat set of sounds :D:(:)

I think you will find it was kev Fev, from Norwich he is only 17 but had a hard life :D

Social source share

As soon as "Sonny" gets on his feet he'll be the youngest i bet ya',i reckon i was the best looking dj ever to grace the 100 club decks,no one even close including the girls. :lol:

Social source share

cheers for the comment steve! :lol:

when did kev fev DJ down 100 club ?

cheers

'Young Brett'

Would have been around 1990 - I asked Ady to give him a spot. Incidentally, I arrived at the 100 one night to be met by Ady who'd tried to phone me to bring a box down. Ian Clark had to pull out last minute due to a bereavement. Explained to Ady had I got the call I would have said no anyway as I don't own any records!

Pleased to say Clarkie was out and about (as a punter) in Norwich recently, danced all night and even managed to do a back drop!!

Mark C :lol:

Social source share

Would have been around 1990 - I asked Ady to give him a spot. Incidentally, I arrived at the 100 one night to be met by Ady who'd tried to phone me to bring a box down. Ian Clark had to pull out last minute due to a bereavement. Explained to Ady had I got the call I would have said no anyway as I don't own any records!

Pleased to say Clarkie was out and about (as a punter) in Norwich recently, danced all night and even managed to do a back drop!!

Mark C :thumbup:

blimey, that's good news about Ian.

Taffy would have been pretty young when he was DJing at the 1981/2 ones, he's younger than us and i was only 29 then.

actually now i think about it Jodie Daly was well fresh when she first hit the stage.

Social source share

i just noticed that young brett smith is d.jing at the next 100 club allnighter and knowing that he has not long turned 18 if i am correct i think this will make him the youngest ever d.j at this venue , dont worry though he has a great taste in the music and agreat set of sounds :thumbup::unsure::shades:

Brett did a cracking spot for us at 'The City' in Peterborough a few weeks back. Infact we are looking to get Brett back on with his dad later in the year - father and son 'tag team' on the decks!! Good to see Ady giving these youngsters a chance. Nice one Brett good luck with it. Ray Mahoney

Social source share

Think I can match Chris on this one I was 22 back in 1982 but come to think about it I could have played a few tunes there in 1981? with a fair few guest spots over the years, about time I made a return visit lol I'm 49 in May, bugger me scary this how time passes by, still the best club in the land to DJ at.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Think I can match Chris on this one I was 22 back in 1982 but come to think about it I could have played a few tunes there in 1981? with a fair few guest spots over the years, about time I made a return visit lol I'm 49 in May, bugger me scary this how time passes by, still the best club in the land to DJ at.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Bring back the Banks 'n Bicknell show - that's what I say!!

Mark C biggrin.gif

Social source share

I got some of the infamous Banks'n'Bicknell show on my Gt. Yarmouth tapes I think. Once I found the time to upload the mp3's I did of the tapes it's embarrassment time for Mr. Bicknell laugh.gif

Fantastic Benji, nothing will shock me mate as I can't remember anything of that crazy period....lol be good to hear them though as I've heard about there being recordings but never heard them ever, so it will be maybe embarrassment for me but well worth that just to hear them, you must admit we were good.......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

you must admit we were good.......lol

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

You bet you were mate laugh.gif

The one file I played this morning on the way to work had Roger Banks desperately seeking you ("Can anybody please find Mark Bicknell and direct him to the radio room? He's probably lost")

Social source share

Guest Scarborosoul

Slightly off topic.

Mark does this mean we are going to welcome you back into the fold full time again?? I for one really hope so!

Rick

Social source share

Slightly off topic.

Mark does this mean we are going to welcome you back into the fold full time again?? I for one really hope so!

Rick

Hi Rick, well mate what can I say, had a lot on my plate recently, some good some bad but as I never really said anything this time regarding my involvement or quiting the scene it's been more the case I've been that busy with business, family, football and other stuff that the scene has taken a bit of a back seat, what I did say was certain aspects on the current scene really bore the shit out of me more so all the bullshit, falling out etc. I've had good reason to get involved with the negative stuff but chose not to,finished the radio show which despite what some may think was my choice, went to 4 gigs last year and not been anywhere this year, knocked back or declined a bunch of DJ bookings last year, some of the negative stuff basically really get's on my pip so better to simply ignore it and rise above it, just spent the last two hours sorting records out as I've had an invite to spin a few tunes for Mr Croasdell very soon so it looks like I'm crawling out from under my rock and hit a few gigs real soon, the bottom line for me and the fundimental most important thing about this scene is without question the music, as with so many of us I feel I can still make a contribution so instead of talking about it I just want to get out there from time to time and play a few tunes, no fuss, no bollocks just back to basics and have some much needed fun.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I was 13 when adi invited me down to do a bit on his legendary Thursday nights wink.gif ...played the gallahads which I borrowed off Gary Spencer. Little did I know but Fortnum and Spencer had done a photo copy of the Gallahads and stuck it on some Perry Como durge, it took me a good 20 secs to realise that I had what I thought put the wrong side on, bizzare thing is 9 people danced to it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert