Do You Ever Play Out Anything Unusual?

Guest Beeks

Just a question to all you Jocks...is there anything in your box that would surprise people if you played it?

Something that just doesn't fit into the genre...is downright weird or just maybe mainstream?

I'm asking this because ive just purchased an Elvis track on 7 'Let Yourself Go' and personally I think it is a great R&B type number that I fancy playing out...is that wrong?

What have you got in your box? :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just a question to all you Jocks...is there anything in your box that would surprise people if you played it?

Something that just doesn't fit into the genre...is downright weird or just maybe mainstream?

I'm asking this because ive just purchased an Elvis track on 7 'Let Yourself Go' and personally I think it is a great R&B type number that I fancy playing out...is that wrong?

What have you got in your box? :unsure:

Let Yourself Go was played in the Mod clubs around 10 years ago.

Nowt wrong with Elvis :unsure:

Social source share

Let Yourself Go was played in the Mod clubs around 10 years ago.

Nowt wrong with Elvis laugh.gif

'Let yourself go' is great, i've played it at 5ts & 6ts clubs also 'Rubberneckin' of course.

I'd quite like to see how 'Charo' by Elvis would go down at a Popcorn style evening, could be a winner methinks!

There's all sorts of crazy stuff getting played out there on the Mod/6ts scene nowadays, Barron Knights, Peters & Lee amongst the craziest although they're not absolutely terrible records imho.

Don't know if these are crazy but i like to play the odd track by American 5ts/6ts screen sirens, Cindy Malone, Shelley Fabares etc.

Simon

Social source share

Christ on a bike, don't let Rod Shard see this thread :D:no::D:)

I think the Barron Knights is a cover of Mel Torme's 'I'm coming home' if i remember correctly.

Can't remember what the Peters & Lee track is although i've seen the album with the track on it in the past.

Simon ph34r.gif

Social source share

'Let yourself go' is great, i've played it at 5ts & 6ts clubs also 'Rubberneckin' of course.

I'd quite like to see how 'Charo' by Elvis would go down at a Popcorn style evening, could be a winner methinks!

There's all sorts of crazy stuff getting played out there on the Mod/6ts scene nowadays, Barron Knights, Peters & Lee amongst the craziest although they're not absolutely terrible records imho.

Don't know if these are crazy but i like to play the odd track by American 5ts/6ts screen sirens, Cindy Malone, Shelley Fabares etc.

Simon

Hi Simon,

Sounds like the original version of "Lost Summer Love" by Shelley Fabares on Vee Jay could be right up your street. Great version!

Gene

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert