Guest James Trouble

• Replies 38
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest James Trouble

Does anyone know who has Keb's old Fabulous Impact 'Baby Baby I Want You'  acetate?

link

And did it get a vinyl release on Hog Records as the Moments?

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

Rob Marriott had it, I think it went north of the border after that?

link

Trying to get records out of northerners is harder than getting you lot to admit that Ree Flores is a funk record!

Does anyone have contact details for Rob Marriott?

holmes.jpg

Social source share

Get it on HOG if you must have it. I like labels with animals on them, looks much nicer than an old acetate. There were two copies on ebay not that long ago. It's a decent mover and got some qualities but at the same time I think it is a somewhat overrated record. Probably due to rarity and cult status. Carl Willingham has (or at least had when I was at his house in 2001) a copy BTW.

Social source share

Get it on HOG if you must have it. I like labels with animals on them, looks much nicer than an old acetate. There were two copies on ebay not that long ago. It's a decent mover and got some qualities but at the same time I think it is a somewhat overrated record. Probably due to rarity and cult status. Carl Willingham has (or at least had when I was at his house in 2001) a copy BTW.

link

Do you ever have anything good to say about any record rolleyes.gif:lol::D

Social source share

When Keb put it his copy on tape for me, I seem to remember it being a Trident Studio EMI disc that Ady C had done him of a tape he had turned up, but that may have been something else. I presumed they called it the Fabulous ImpacS because the Impacts record 'My Baby'?

This was ebay late last year, about $1500 in the end?

Edited by Simon T
Social source share

When Keb put it his copy on tape for me, I seem to remember it being a Trident Studio EMI disc that Ady C had done him of a tape he had turned up, but that may have been something else. I presumed they called it the Fabulous ImpacS because the Impacts record 'My Baby'?

No that was probably the Magic Touch on Trident, all the Scepter/Wand/Musicor unissueds were cut on those. Baby baby I Want You was an original US acetate I found in a NYC shop (Bleeker Bob's thanks to Chris) that we had no idea who it was. I'm sure the Impacts was relevant at the time. When it came out on the anniversary single we still didn't know who it was.

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I found out that the original acetate has been destroyed, by a WOMAN. :wicked:

I'd best keep my eyes peeled on ebay then... :D

Social source share

Guest CapitolSC

Ady thats terrible,but when will the gerri grainger get a release

we have been waiting for tooooooooooo long

Al H :D

Social source share

I havent heard this for ages,does anyone know  if there is a sound file anywhere.

Tab.

link

if you look for Keb Darge Live @ Buzzard in the Sound Files.... it is the first sound file I have done it isn't 100% right ie :- a little fast & it contains swearing

Jon Buck

Social source share

I havent heard this for ages,does anyone know  if there is a sound file anywhere.

Tab.

link

I have one but it's on main pc which I've put away while house redecorated, having to use laptop for now. Will have a look through cds and see if can find it but nothings where it should be right now :wicked:

Social source share

Guest hammy

Not sure if 100% correct on this - but 90% sure one of the old Lifeline playlists has the Fabulous Impacs listed under Kitch's name.

Hammy

Social source share

Guest hammy

The Moments on Hog have been spun at Lifeline by both Tim  brown and Mick H.

link

Thanks pal - :wicked:

Still at work - the only 'Moments' here are tedious ones !

Hammy

Social source share

This was ebay late last year, about $1500 in the end?

link

Just over $5000 if I remember rightly - and mought by Mick H I believe :rolleyes:

Social source share

Just over $5000 if I remember rightly - and mought by Mick H I believe :rolleyes:

link

2004-07-14 Moments NORTHERN SOUL 45 Pray For Me/Baby I Want You $5500

This was sold by the notoriously poor grader (in many people's opinion) recordmanx BTW, who also sold the first ebay Margaret Little the same week or so. He also later sold the second ebay copy of Margaret Little.

Then there was another Moments less than two months later, it was a low grade, but sold by a dealer who is a strict and good grader In my experience so I reckon this last one was probably a bargain.

2004-09-07 MOMENTS (northern 45) BABY I WANT YOU~HOG $ 1875

Edited by Guest
Social source share

If memory serves me correctly......must be a blue moon tonight !!!

didn't The Moments 'Baby I want you' come out on two different Hog lable designs ?

link

The one above is the same as that in the Record Collector article by Tim Brown, I've not seen another design, but anything is possible I suppose!

Social source share

Here you go.....

link

This is definitely an old Keb record, or acetate as someone said, one that would be correctly attributed to Stafford I would say, forgot how good this is, fair gets my heart pumping.

Just so I understand todays scene is this now officially a Funk record then ?? :rolleyes:blush.gif

Cheers

Jock

Ooops should have read whole thread, already stated it was keb record and it was acetate, apologies for jumping in, the sound got me all excited!!

Edited by jocko
Social source share

Guest uroffal

2004-07-14 Moments NORTHERN SOUL 45 Pray For Me/Baby I Want You $5500 

This was sold by the notoriously poor grader (in many people's opinion) recordmanx BTW, who also sold the first ebay Margaret Little the same week or so. He also later sold the second ebay copy of Margaret Little.

Then there was another Moments less than two months later, it was a low grade, but sold by a dealer who is a strict and good grader In my experience so I reckon this last one was probably a bargain.

2004-09-07  MOMENTS (northern 45) BABY I WANT YOU~HOG  $ 1875

link

Think the second one ($1875) was the one I got a sound file of from the seller - clicked almost all the way through.

Social source share

1) I once got this on a list for like $20, listed as the other side - guess what, it was a double sided demo of the wrong side (I never bought it)

2) Don't forget there's a real record called My baby by the Fabulous Impac(t)s on Bomb

Social source share

Kitch had this on his playlist from "On The Real Side Soul Club" 2004-02-07

Fabulous Impacts "My baby" (C/U)

I don't recall if the Moments tune was played or not, so could be something else. Someone better ask him I guess.

This record on Kitch's playlist is a different record from both the Hog/Edgewood record and the Fabulous Impacs on Bomb.

All the best,

Nick

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Kitch had this on his playlist from "On The Real Side Soul Club" 2004-02-07

Fabulous Impacts "My baby" (C/U)

I don't recall if the Moments tune was played or not, so could be something else. Someone better ask him I guess.

It is something else that Kitch plays as the Fabulous Impacts

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert