Manship Auction Info

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mousie & the Traps - How About You c/w It's All In the Way - Toddlin Town - £295

Roy Wright - You Changed My Whole Life Around c/w Alone - Vick - £298

Domestic Five - It's An Empty World (without you girl) c/w Two Wrong People - Aquarius - £210

Lee Fields & the Spontaneous Generation - Take Me Back c/w Tyra's Song - Angle 3 - £500

Lil Walter and the Average Black & White Band - Everyday Life c/w Funk Train - Column B - £75

Bill Wright - A Man In Love (is handicapped some) - Midtown - £192

Exportations - I Want You - Vir-ro - £161

Quotations - I Don't Have To Worry c/w It Can Happen To You - DiVenus - £173

Matadors - Say Yes Baby - Chavis - £531

Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me - Warners Bros - £449

Sandi Sheldon - You're Gonna Make Me Love You - Okeh promo - £852

Executive Four - I Gotta Good Thing Going and I Ain't Gonna Blow It c/w You Are - Lu Mar - £2400

Shorty Long - Out To Get You c/w It's A Cring Shame - Tamla Motown - £123

John Andrews - It's Just Love c/w A Rose Growing In the Ruins - Parlophone demo - £412

Samantha Jones - Surrounded By A Ray Of Sunshine - United Artists Demo - £118

Twisted Wheel Club - Closing Down Allnighter Members Notice Poster - 1970 Poster 29" by 20" - £190

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

i bought the second known copy to turn up of Tim Ashibendi in 1988/9 for £200 think T brown had a hand full in the mid 90's played it at Nuneaton on Saturaday to a fantastic response

This was mine & I'm still in shock. I would have been happy at half that price :ohmy: Now - has anyone got a Mac Staten they're fed up with?

Cheers.........Pete

Social source share

Remember early 90's when the rumour was there had been a quantity find of the Executive Four.

Seen a few then around £400, seems that rumour was wrong!

i bought the second known copy to turn up of Tim Ashibendi in 1988/9 for £200 think T brown had a hand full in the mid 90's played it at Nuneaton on Saturaday to a fantastic response

Depends what you mean by quantity, Tim got 6 or 7 copies didn't he?

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

I was on the floor Ted, i remember you asking me before hand how it would go down. :ohmy: Always reminds me of Stafford, wish i had one :ohmy:

Social source share

I'm stunned. I just wouldn't have thought this was so expensive. FANTASTIC record but I've had at least half a dozen promos over the years. Is it being revived or something?

I actually think my UK Epic promo is rarer!

Ian D :ohmy:

think the Okeh issues are harder

Social source share

I'm stunned. I just wouldn't have thought this was so expensive. FANTASTIC record but I've had at least half a dozen promos over the years. Is it being revived or something?

It's worth 300 quid tops. It's not rare. Are any Okeh records actually rare, in the true sense of the word? They turn up every week...

Social source share

Ya Ian, £15 to £20 record back in the day.

Was at a venue 2/3 years when some kid paid £175 for the small 45 boot.

I was with Chris Shephard and Alex Jones at the time and we all though W.T.F.

Also £500 for a ex soul bowl front page special. :ohmy:

But that was than and this is now :ohmy:

Dave.

Edited by davetay
Social source share

It's worth 300 quid tops. It's not rare. Are any Okeh records actually rare, in the true sense of the word? They turn up every week...

Well maybe there's case for Major Harris, Seven Souls and Ken Williams but Sandi Sheldon........sheesh? I guess what's really cheesing me off is the amount of promos I've left over the years 'cos they were a few bucks LOL.....

Social source share

Mousie & the Traps - How About You c/w It's All In the Way - Toddlin Town - £295

Roy Wright - You Changed My Whole Life Around c/w Alone - Vick - £298

Domestic Five - It's An Empty World (without you girl) c/w Two Wrong People - Aquarius - £210

Lee Fields & the Spontaneous Generation - Take Me Back c/w Tyra's Song - Angle 3 - £500

Lil Walter and the Average Black & White Band - Everyday Life c/w Funk Train - Column B - £75

Bill Wright - A Man In Love (is handicapped some) - Midtown - £192

Exportations - I Want You - Vir-ro - £161

Quotations - I Don't Have To Worry c/w It Can Happen To You - DiVenus - £173

Matadors - Say Yes Baby - Chavis - £531

Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me - Warners Bros - £449

Executive Four - I Gotta Good Thing Going and I Ain't Gonna Blow It c/w You Are - Lu Mar - £2400

Shorty Long - Out To Get You c/w It's A Cring Shame - Tamla Motown - £123

John Andrews - It's Just Love c/w A Rose Growing In the Ruins - Parlophone demo - £412

Samantha Jones - Surrounded By A Ray Of Sunshine - United Artists Demo - £118

Twisted Wheel Club - Closing Down Allnighter Members Notice Poster - 1970 Poster 29" by 20" - £190

Lee Fields- 500?

Sold a Lee Fields for £20 at Cleethorpes Weekender in 1994 :ohmy:

I missed it so much-I bought another for £30 two years later and I`ve still got it :ohmy:

I expected to it to fetch its market value (so I thought) of about a ton for the issue.

Never expected 500-How the prices have risen..

Social source share

Ya Ian, £15 to £20 record back in the day.

Was at a venue 2/3 years when some kid paid £175 for the small 45 boot.

I was with Chris Shephard and Alex Jones at the time and we all though W.T.F.

Also £500 for a ex soul bowl front page special. :thumbsup:

But that was than and this is now :ohmy:

Dave.

didnt you tell him it was a boot or ask what the seller was doing trying to rip him off for a bootleg record?

or was it i have to have this at any cost type buyer

Social source share

Lee Fields- 500?

Sold a Lee Fields for £20 at Cleethorpes Weekender in 1994 ohmy.gif

I missed it so much-I bought another for £30 two years later and I`ve still got it :lol:

I expected to it to fetch its market value (so I thought) of about a ton for the issue.

Never expected 500-How the prices have risen..

Lee Fields - price rise due to t'other side gaining spins i guess.

Market value?.JM's auction it went for 750 to a well known dj last year.Popularity down to a certain dj playing it,great tune btw.

Imho,should fetch around the 250 mark, no problem.

Social source share

Quotations seems to have gone up......... huh.gif

its very much a wanted item now, i sold my minter last year for £100 and i still think its only worth that as there are quite a few about, its good but not that good :lol:

Social source share

Lee Fields - price rise due to t'other side gaining spins i guess.

Market value?.JM's auction it went for 750 to a well known dj last year.Popularity down to a certain dj playing it,great tune btw.

Imho,should fetch around the 250 mark, no problem.

yeah i reckon about £250 too but its really in demand right now, i played it out last month and plenty of peeps were asking about it and it went down really well thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Well maybe there's case for Major Harris, Seven Souls and Ken Williams but Sandi Sheldon........sheesh? I guess what's really cheesing me off is the amount of promos I've left over the years 'cos they were a few bucks LOL.....

Ian D biggrin.gif

Whats a near mint Ken Williams Demo worth at the moment does anyone know :lol:

Social source share

VERY TRUE PETE SAME AS RCA. NOTHINS RARE ON THOSE LABELS.SOME ISSUES MAYBE TOUGHER BUT IF YOU GOT THE WONGA YOU`D GET EM NO PROBLEM. I PERSONALLY THINK THE 7 SOULS (GREAT AS IT IS)

IS VERY COMMON. THERE`S ONE ON EBAY ALL YEAR ROUND. ALWAYS KEEPS ITS PRICE THO

DAVE

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

VERY TRUE PETE SAME AS RCA. NOTHINS RARE ON THOSE LABELS.SOME ISSUES MAYBE TOUGHER BUT IF YOU GOT THE WONGA YOU`D GET EM NO PROBLEM. I PERSONALLY THINK THE 7 SOULS (GREAT AS IT IS)

IS VERY COMMON. THERE`S ONE ON EBAY ALL YEAR ROUND. ALWAYS KEEPS ITS PRICE THO

DAVE

there are those weird probably unissued titles like the second cheers 45, that weird major lance title, etc. if any of those existed they would be ultra-rare.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert