Bobby King On Warner

Kjw

Bobby King - If You Don't Want My Love - US Warner 7"

About 5 years ago I had a handful of these and sold them all for about £10 each. Since then I've never seen another copy on 7". Most people I know bought the LP for this track and weren't even aware it had been released on 7"

I can't think it's that rare seeing it's a major label - anyone else seen it around recently?

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Nosferatu

Got one off ebay couple of years back for about a tenner. Only one i`ve seen. Remember Adam playing this mid 80`s leighton buzzard, leicester etc. His was on an album.

post-8297-1234988888_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Apparently it's the flip side to "Heart to heart" :ohmy:

Going on the number anyway, I wasn't aware of the 45 either - I only knew of the LP, which I bought when it was first out.

Never heard of the existance of it on a 45 until just now... you live and learn eh!

Mike, can't be certain but I thought the Lunar 45 was the same person? :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

The whole album is superb (far better than the subsequent Motown LP!) I can't understand why anyone would pay that much for the 45. Do I remember seeing a 60s record by him on KAPP? - or was it the Federal item JM has listed? unsure.gif

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

The whole album is superb (far better than the subsequent Motown LP!) I can't understand why anyone would pay that much for the 45. Do I remember seeing a 60s record by him on KAPP? - or was it the Federal item JM has listed? :thumbsup:

How much does the WB album go for these days anyone ?

Social source share

Guest mel brat

How much does the WB album go for these days anyone ?

Dunno, but I liked it so much I had TWO copies and kept one sealed! :thumbsup: (Spare sold now of course, but I retained one copy)

If you like that, check out Charles Jackson's (formerly of the Independants) second album on Capitol from 1979. Brilliant Soul.

Social source share

If you like that, check out Charles Jackson's (formerly of the Independants) second album on Capitol from 1979. Brilliant Soul.

Was that not Chuck Jackson?

Social source share

Guest mel brat

Was that not Chuck Jackson?

No. Charles Jackson with the Independants was often known as "Chuck", but on going solo recorded as Charles to avoid confusion with the "other" Chuck Jackson (it appears not to have worked!) :thumbsup:

The group Independant Movement on Polydor are the remaining members of the Independants group.

THE Chuck Jackson had an album on EMI International C.1979/80 though, perhaps you're thinking of that?

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert