Im Gone

Guest Baz

Right. And a nice 45 to have indeed. But considering its value, rarity and price I think Billy Sha Raes great version on Spectrum should profit from it in a more and wider acceptance as it is not one single step less a truly great Soul 45 :rolleyes:

link

Social source share

• Replies 57
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Somebody I once lived with had one about 10 years ago and think he still has it - never sold any of his records - only mine  :angry:  :D

link

A mate of mine had to sell 2 or 3 of his big ticket items to keep his business afloat. In the 80s I think. EDDIE PARKER - I'M GONE was one of them. Adey Pierce bought it, my mate still hasn't got over it.

Gingers copy sounds awfull, and must be in very bad shape.

Phil.

Social source share

So I need that then  :D   :D

link

Northern Soul folk law, rumour and speculation ain't it great!!!! I know where this copy came from infact there were two copies sourced one of which was totally unplayable yet still sold the other was in superb shape, i could go into detail of who sourced them and where they came from but it ain't my place to say sorry.

Again Northern Soul folk law and friends in high places...lol thank you Mr Ashford is all i will say............

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

A mate of mine had to sell 2 or 3 of his big ticket items to keep his business afloat. In the 80s I think. EDDIE PARKER - I'M GONE was one of them. Adey Pierce bought it, my mate still hasn't got over it.

Phil.

link

Adey told me when he bought it for £1000 he played it half the way through and then put it on the shelf never to be played again not long after he sold the detroit stuff in the early 1990's I wonder how many of us have done that to a record :D

Social source share

There's probably more copies of Eddie Parker out there than most realise. Most of big hitters who Dj have a copy. Still a mighty rare record and very hard to find :)

The copy on JM auction nbelongs to a dealer from Canada so I'm told by reliable source :lol:

The Bobby Rich belongs to one of those in the list mentioned :)

Social source share

Phil.

link

================

probably because he plays it every spot ??

maybe gets asked alot for it too

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert